|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Hands On Impressions @ Kotaku

Default Diablo 3 - Hands On Impressions @ Kotaku

August 19th, 2009, 16:02
Kotaku got their hands on the promotional demo of Diablo III being featured at GamesCon and BlizzCon, and give their impressions of the game and the Barbarian player character, including a quick rundown on some of the skills, equipment and quests they encountered.
Here's a little of the more general feedback:
We just played Diablo III. For fifteen painfully brief minutes, our lady Barbarian tore through hordes of Fallen, clicking them back to the Hell they came from. It was good.
The Gamescom (and Blizzcon) demo of Diablo III featured at Blizzard's booth features the three announced classes: Wizard, Barbarian and Witchdoctor, with male and female options for both. I opted for the Barbarian, what I assumed would be the easiest, most familiar introduction to Diablo III. That assumption was correct. Blizzard doesn't seem to have mucked with the successful formula of click, kill and loot in the newest Diablo…
…From graphics to gameplay to interface adjustments, Blizzard seems to have delivered with Diablo III. The game looks fantastic, dripping with atmospheric detail and gorgeous visual effects. But honestly, it's the user interface changes that are most exciting. Blizzard has made the process of looting and equipping much more efficient, letting the player focus on the action.
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

August 19th, 2009, 17:35
Sounds very cool. I can't wait to see Lut Gholein in D3.

EDIT: Plus, found a video from Blizzard's Diablo 3 booth at GamesCon. It's huge and awesome. There's also a few seconds of footage from Lut Gholein at the end of the video.

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

August 19th, 2009, 19:20
Yesterday I reinstalled D2 & LoD because I positively cannot wait for Diablo 3 to be released. I have tried imitations such as Dungeon Runners, Sacred, et al and they just aren't cutting it. I would be ecstatic if this game could be out by Christmas 2009, but I know this will not happen.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

August 19th, 2009, 22:40
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
EDIT: Plus, found a video from Blizzard's Diablo 3 booth at GamesCon. It's huge and awesome.
It certainly is big, but it is not the biggest. I think the one from EA is. The one from Blizzard is just as big as the one from last year.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 20th, 2009, 05:22
Here's some more gameplay video, this time they're a bit better in quality.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc…ablo-iii/54519
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc…ablo-iii/54516

The scenery looks amazing. I love the view when the wizzard crosses the wooden bridge. Awesome.

I do have one pretty big complaint. I hope to god they remove that red outline when highlighting enemies. It looks ugly as hell.

EDIT: Another one.
Off Screen D3 HD
Off Screen D3 SD

danutz_plusplus

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Diablo 3 - Hands On Impressions @ Kotaku