|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls 5 Clarification

Default Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls 5 Clarification

August 18th, 2009, 00:24
Well, well, well. It turns out all the controversy over the (missing) next Elder Scrolls was a pretty bad mis-quote. Here's Pete Hines, courtesy of Kotaku:
That was not a direct quote from him. That was someone's interpretation of what he said. I know, I was there. At his QuakeCon talk he was asked when TESV is coming out and Todd replied, "Don't look for a new Elder Scrolls game in the near future." He also went on to say how much the franchise means to us and that it definitely will continue. He just wasn't going to provide any timeframe on "when." This should not be news to anyone that has been paying attention. Both Todd and I have said repeatedly that, of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game. The last one was enormously popular. So was the one before that. You get the idea. So do we.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 18th, 2009, 00:24
Now that that is all cleared up, we can move on to solving world hunger…

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

August 18th, 2009, 01:12
Whew…..

I was worried for a minute.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 18th, 2009, 04:05
And here I was hoping that they would make something new and more unique. Here comes another fantasy rpg.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

August 18th, 2009, 08:07
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Now that that is all cleared up, we can move on to solving world hunger…
Lol. So true.

elikal

Sentinel

August 18th, 2009, 15:44
and here I thought they were going to abandon the franchise and license Dwarf Fortress for a sequel …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 18th, 2009, 19:35
@Mike *laugh*

Anyways, I'm glad for the clarification. I still quite enjoy Elder Scrolls as long as we can continue to mod the heck out of it.

Guhndahb

Sentinel

August 18th, 2009, 21:27
I like the vanilla game too, but I agree that being able to add in exactly what you like and change what you don't, is a major selling point for the TES franchise.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

August 18th, 2009, 23:31
TES died many years ago…

The Watchman

Watcher

August 18th, 2009, 23:44
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
I like the vanilla game too, but I agree that being able to add in exactly what you like and change what you don't, is a major selling point for the TES franchise.
It is a major selling point for PC but it isn't for consoles. And most sales will probably be on the consoles.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

August 18th, 2009, 23:59
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
It is a major selling point for PC but it isn't for consoles. And most sales will probably be on the consoles.

True, but if it's selling a Gazilliion copies on consoles anyways, then evidently those gamers don't seem to care about that limitation.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 19th, 2009, 20:25
I enjoyed Oblivion. Like many others I really did not the item/creature leveling aspect of it. I understand that 'leveling' helps with the whole 'sandbox' idea of the game.

But in implementation it really takes away a lot of the excitement of leveling your character. And it takes away the excitement of exploration. Ever wondered too far into the woods in Gothic 1 and got eaten alive by a wolf? It was punishing. But later, you go back to those woods, bigger and stronger, and you kill those wolves. Very satisfying.

I hope the next TES can somehow bring back the excitment that should be there as your character 'grows.'

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

August 20th, 2009, 19:31
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I hope the next TES can somehow bring back the excitment that should be there as your character 'grows.'
"They" (the modders) did that like 2 days after release (removed the enemies leveling).. i hope you're not playing on xbox in case you do you're really missing out on a great game.

I can really recommend "oblivion stutter remover" which makes the game unbelievably smooth. I'm playing with Open cities (makes the cities like in Gothic, a part of the world and not a new "zone"), OOO, MMM and some other great mods.. Gothic is great, but for atmosphere nothing beats a modded Oblivion.

bemushroomed

outlander

August 20th, 2009, 19:45
Morrowind alone was a whole new game with mods (and i dont mean the pervert ones). ITs one the best things about TES.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Bethesda Softworks - Elder Scrolls 5 Clarification