|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Short Stories, Voiceover Video

Default Risen - Short Stories, Voiceover Video

August 20th, 2009, 12:30
There's a new short story at the Risen site. Part 4 is called The Laughing Gyrger:
A bright rectangle thrown by the open door on the floor of the Laughing Gyrger was all that reminded those inside that the sun still beat down mercilessly on the island. But the rectangle darkened suddenly, as a new guest entered the taproom.
"Hey, stranger, join us," rumbled a beefy fellow to the newcomer. "We can always use a fresh face with fresh stories."
"I suppose you know everybody in the city?" replied the stranger.
"I should say so. Iíve been stuck here since the White Robes closed the gates. Say, Iíve never seen you around here before. What are you doing in the city?"
"If only I knew that…"
"Ah, an innocent," joked the big man. "If youíre looking for knowledge, go see Master Belschwur. All youíll find here is something to drink."
"Master Belschwur?"
"Yeah, the mage! He can tell you all about the Holy Flame and the gods. The gods are gone, but they left the Holy Flame behind as a sign that theyíre still protecting the island. But nobody knows how long it will keep burning, since the dark powers that the gods were protecting us against are getting stronger and stronger. The temples and stuff. But what do I know? Iím just a fisherman."
…and a 33Mb file video interview (direct link) from the Official Xbox Magazine talks with Andy Serkis and John Rhys Davies about their work on the game. Some panoramic shots are shown in the background and we get a two-word sample of the actual voices.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 20th, 2009, 12:30
To bad that I don't have sounds at work. The short story seems strange for a 'gothic' I does feel more like an actual gameplay then a short story.

so very, very tired (Star Trek XI quote according to the Simpsons)

Bartacus

BartWatch

August 20th, 2009, 14:14
Gee, Andy Serkis. Thank you for spoiling major plot elements!

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

August 20th, 2009, 22:33
Originally Posted by Grandor Dragon View Post
Gee, Andy Serkis. Thank you for spoiling major plot elements!
well ofc those are major plot elements, while i'm a cucumber and you're a giraffe!

________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
Last edited by baron; April 28th, 2011 at 11:12.

baron

Custom User Title

August 21st, 2009, 10:15
Spoiler

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

August 21st, 2009, 11:27
As far as I know, both Mendoza and Esteban are rather morally ambiguous. So he was just fooling around claiming that Davies's character is the real villain, while Davies said that Serkis's character is not as important as his.

Ausir

SasqWatch

August 21st, 2009, 19:55
May be it is because these people are from the movie business. And a really good movie doesn't get less interesting if you know such things in advance.

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Short Stories, Voiceover Video