|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Inquisitor - Signs of Life - First Trailer

Default Inquisitor - Signs of Life - First Trailer

September 8th, 2009, 00:23
Remember Inquisitor? We've followed this for years across our two sites and every now and then it shopws signs of life and then dies off. Cinemax has now released the first trailer, which can be found at VoodooExtreme. Word is the Czech version should be released late this year and the English version in Q1 2010 but I'll believe it when I see it.
Thanks, Leth!
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 8th, 2009, 00:23
I have some hope for it, and I also visit the wooden dragon's site every now and then. It's a member of an dying breed (2d isometric RPG) after all.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

September 8th, 2009, 00:38
I agree with both - looks nice enough and I hope it all works … but we'll just have to wait and see.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 8th, 2009, 00:50
I just hope that the localization of the game would be better than "google-translated" Esp. since it looks like this game should be more storyline heavy rather than more "Diablo-like?"

leth

Watchdog

September 8th, 2009, 01:00
Holy crap, it's been so long that I had forgotten about this game. Hopefully it doesn't end up being another Duke Nukem Forever.

Trailer reminds me a bit of of Divine Divinity…

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 8th, 2009, 05:03
Hm….another planet heard from.
Hopefully it is A) released AND B) they work on those walk animations

St.Penguin

Watcher

September 8th, 2009, 08:45
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Trailer reminds me a bit of of Divine Divinity…
Same here! It reminds me DD and I would love it if it is close to this type of gameplay.

Lots of RPG games are going to be releazed in the next 6 months.. that's awesome.

Glorian

Watchdog

September 8th, 2009, 11:19
Originally Posted by Glorian View Post
Lots of RPG games are going to be releazed in the next 6 months.. that's awesome.
Maybe this time will become another milestone in C-RPG history, then.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 8th, 2009, 13:47
The graphical style reminds me of Arcanum (when using the resolution pack to increase the resolution). Certainly doesn't look bad, but I have to wonder: What took so long? Is the game five times bigger than Baldur's Gate? Do they have a very small team? Did they put it on hold and resume it after X years?

Unless the production costs are very low, I fail to see how it's going to pay the bills at the end of the day (considering how long it's been in production). Other than that, I wish them the best of luck, because it does indeed look interesting.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

September 8th, 2009, 20:07
There won't be any english boxed version of Inquisitor, only downloadable version according to its site. Preorder versions won't have DRM trouble and 30 $ and I'm thinking of preorder it, because its trailer reminded me the good old days when the market is full of isometric rpgs. I hope it won't frustrate me. I think we should support these kind of projects to see more of them.

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch

September 8th, 2009, 20:46
Agreed, I really hope the game will have proper translation though.

leth

Watchdog

September 9th, 2009, 01:06
Oh I see its that time of the year again! Beltion and Heart of Eternity should be posting an update any day now too.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2009, 01:15
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Oh I see its that time of the year again! Beltion and Heart of Eternity should be posting an update any day now too.

… HoE is another one I forgot about. That game actually looked really promising……6 years ago!

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2009, 12:00
Well, some people even play older games even nowadays … Like Baldur's Gate, for example …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Inquisitor - Signs of Life - First Trailer