|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Armored Princess - Official Site Launched

Default Armored Princess - Official Site Launched

September 9th, 2009, 01:29
1C sent us a press release announcing www.kings-bounty.com/eng/ has been updated for Armored Princess. Screens, wallpaper, a video, features and a FAQ are all on offer. Here's a snip from the accompanying PR:
King's Bounty: Armored Princess is a sequel to the critically acclaimed King's Bounty: The Legend. Players will take on the role of Princess Amelie who travels around the world of Teana and searches for the renowned knight, and her mentor, Bill Gilbert. This new world of King's Bounty: Armored Princess is full of mysteries and dangers. The new character, the Princess, will encounter horrible creatures, huge monstrous bosses and a new race, the bloodthirsty Lizards. As in the multi-award winning first game, the player has many options to resist these new enemies. Various new skills and characteristics of Amelie as well as her chance to fly will help her overcome the hordes attacking the kingdom. The Princess is also accompanied by a Pet Dragon, at the very beginning small and amusing, but its abilities develop steadily until it becomes an incredible ally. He will do his best to protect the Princess during the battles, starting with easy blows and treasure hunting and finishing with battle rage and volcano summoning.
Thanks also to Leth for a similar submission.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 9th, 2009, 01:29
I won't lie, but I was more disappointed after seen the Dragon page. I defiinitely prefer the Spirits of Rage.

But the slight disappointment was balanced out by the new (to me) school of magic (Order). Also the nice and big map looks pretty nice too.

Avoid the Crazy Chicken. It is childish. Don't do it. We beg you.

leth

Watchdog

September 9th, 2009, 03:06
I'm sorry to be brain-dead, but do we have a release date for this?

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2009, 04:01
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Seems that quite a few people are asking that… there doesn't seem to be a definite answer.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=7877

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2009, 05:04
I thought it was meant to be similar release date to the original which was late Sep. Mind you that was mentioned months upon months ago.

I better hurry up and finish my 9th and final game of KB:TL quick smart.

Ryder

Watcher

September 9th, 2009, 05:09
Originally Posted by leth View Post
I won't lie, but I was more disappointed after seen the Dragon page. I defiinitely prefer the Spirits of Rage.
I played a bit of the Russian demo and the Dragon isnt that bad. He has some skills that do huge damage. I cant tell you what they were as, well, I cant read Russian.

Ryder

Watcher

September 9th, 2009, 05:44
Originally Posted by Ryder View Post
I played a bit of the Russian demo and the Dragon isnt that bad. He has some skills that do huge damage. I cant tell you what they were as, well, I cant read Russian.
I played the Russian demo in 90% English with a patch that someone at the official forums provided. I wasn't too impressed though. I personally don't care for the dragon, as well as the new units I saw. I'm sure my opinion could change though, after all, it was just a demo.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2009, 11:49
Originally Posted by leth View Post
I won't lie, but I was more disappointed after seen the Dragon page. I defiinitely prefer the Spirits of Rage..
I thought this would have been obvious/clear from the beginning. The "pet" of Amelie is known for several months now.

By the way, why have they only these insanely huge wallpaper sizes ? Have the people demanding bigger and bigger resolutions finally won ?

Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
In my GamesCom snippets I wrote that the person explaining the game for me hoped for a simulaneous release for several languages in September.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 9th, 2009, 12:31
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
In my GamesCom snippets I wrote that the person explaining the game for me hoped for a simulaneous release for several languages in September.

That would be a pleasant surprise indeed, but I'm still not seeing it on the "coming soon" lists at any major retailers over here.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 9th, 2009, 12:47
I thought this would have been obvious/clear from the beginning. The "pet" of Amelie is known for several months now.
Oh yeah, I definite knew about it. Just that I was hoping the dragon would have more skills.

leth

Watchdog

September 11th, 2009, 05:43
Looks pretty. Ive always thought the graphics in the game were cartoonily awesome

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 11th, 2009, 07:55
Hey Sammy, did you ever get around to finishing the first KB?

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 11th, 2009, 15:49
nope, knocked me out 20 minutes into every gaming session so I uninstalled it. Wanted to keep at it, I liked what i saw, it seems like a great game, but I just cant do turn-based. Each new one that comes out, like HOMMV, now KB i keep telling myself it will be different. Initially, i'm gripped but as time goes on it becomes - Their turn. My turn. their turn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz………..

Now i'm eyeing DisciplesIII, i never learn.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 12th, 2009, 00:13
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
nope, knocked me out 20 minutes into every gaming session so I uninstalled it. Wanted to keep at it, I liked what i saw, it seems like a great game, but I just cant do turn-based. Each new one that comes out, like HOMMV, now KB i keep telling myself it will be different. Initially, i'm gripped but as time goes on it becomes - Their turn. My turn. their turn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz…………

…..Catnip?

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 12th, 2009, 15:26
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
nope, knocked me out 20 minutes into every gaming session so I uninstalled it. Wanted to keep at it, I liked what i saw, it seems like a great game, but I just cant do turn-based. Each new one that comes out, like HOMMV, now KB i keep telling myself it will be different. Initially, i'm gripped but as time goes on it becomes - Their turn. My turn. their turn. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz………..

Now i'm eyeing DisciplesIII, i never learn.
If you have ps3 you should try Valkyrie Chronicles. Its turn based but each unit moves in realtime during its turn.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

September 12th, 2009, 22:18
… Or Drakensang …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 13th, 2009, 07:29
… Or Drakensang …
Since when is Drakensang a TB strategy game?

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 13th, 2009, 11:24
It's not, of course , but it is turn-based, at least, but with its graphical representation being more or less real-time.

Unless you use the pause-function, of course.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 13th, 2009, 19:22
I havent played drakensang but the system in VC is truly unique. I dont think I have ever seen it in any other game. It plays TB like chess except every unit moves in realtime (you are in control) on its turn (you choose which units to move) with a certain timelimit. It works superb and is very addicting. This video shows how it works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEMOi…eature=related

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

September 13th, 2009, 21:17
Well, honestly, I still prefer the old NLT version of turn-based combat.

This kind of fighting was often criticised by fans - especially by those (like me) who had rather hoped/expected for a kind of "NLT 2.0".

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Armored Princess - Official Site Launched