|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 3 » Risen » Risen Spoilers » Smithing worth it

Default Smithing worth it

October 11th, 2009, 15:31
I am only lvl 12, already have strength 80, because I maxed out smithing and made an amulet of +15 strength, and a ring of + 5. I am wondering if later on I find just as good jewelry and if Smithing is worth it to max out, or if I should have saved the learning points?

mastorofpuppetz

Watcher

October 11th, 2009, 16:02
I think it's definitely worth it, as you gain access to the best jewelry and some of the best weapons through blacksmithing.

In terms of min-maxing, I couldn't be sure - but I doubt those 15 learning points would make a world of difference as they would likely just go into your main stat towards the end - and from experience, 15 extra points don't mean squat. Not sure about mages, though, and it seems likely they might need all the points they can get, if they want to max out all magic skills as well as mana.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 11th, 2009, 16:41
The only cases where it's not worth it are if you're some kind of hybrid that has a very tight build (few LPs to spend), or if you play a pure caster (none of the rings/necks will be better than the stuff you find).

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

October 11th, 2009, 18:14
Yeah, that's what my fairly-pure caster is finding out. I got one level of smithing and prospecting. I could have used those to get another level on my fireball! Arg. Well, maybe I can make some cheap rings for a little extra cash.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

October 11th, 2009, 20:51
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
The only cases where it's not worth it are if you're some kind of hybrid that has a very tight build (few LPs to spend), or if you play a pure caster (none of the rings/necks will be better than the stuff you find).
Well, that's not completely right. Especially when you're a mage, it can be very wise to learn it. Why? There is one necklace which gives +2 to all magic crystal powers. That's 60 LP you can save with this necklace. IF you want to become master of all these powers. But then you have to consider that there are other necklaces which also give high bonuses, esp. one with +30 mana, which you can find in the world and don't need smithing-skills for.

Bateman

Watchdog

October 12th, 2009, 00:23
I prefer that one, yes, since it also gives some protection. However, that particular neck is nice yes. Even if it's just 20 LPs saved it's worth it - smithing rank 3 costs 15 LPs, so you just "earned" 5 LPs.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 3 » Risen » Risen Spoilers » Smithing worth it