|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » Redcliffe: Can I do this?

Default Redcliffe: Can I do this?

November 13th, 2009, 21:01
Originally Posted by RivianWitch View Post
Noooo! After going through the entire mages tower thing, and saving the circle, blah blah, I return to Redcliffe to find it a ghost village, after the attack took place in the night…. *hairpull*
I apologise for my incredibly crap information.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 13th, 2009, 21:19
I apologise for my incredibly crap information.
Don't worry I don't hate you… (That much )

My own fault, I suppose, for not having asked you in more detail before I stormed off to the Circle Tower…

Anyway, I have at least now started to appreciate Leliana a bit more, since I've taken her with for a change, to the Redcliffe battle.

EDIT: Actually, I'd be interested to see how the more difficult aspects of the mage's circle will compare in difficulty to my previous experience with it, if I do Redcliffe first, and then tackle the mage's tower again afterwards…

I might want to do the Brecilian woods first, though.
Spoiler – .
Last edited by RivianWitch; November 13th, 2009 at 21:33.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

November 14th, 2009, 00:30
I confirmed the castle is still in the same state, no ruined quest. That's good at least.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

November 14th, 2009, 00:37
Originally Posted by RivianWitch View Post
Don't worry I don't hate you… (That much )
The Tower is a better location anyway imho forget the Redcliffe bores.

woges

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

November 14th, 2009, 10:27
Right. Some more interesting comparisons:
I did the fight in the Redcliffe castle up to the courtyard and including killing the Revenant quite easily after I'd done the mage's tower.

With my reload, (from before I went to the Tower) the battle in the night went quite well, since the undead came in small spaced groups, so it was actually quite easy to pick them off from a ranged distance, and just finish them off with melee after they'd closed in. The undead in the castle were not a problem either, but the revenant crushes my party like we are paper dolls…

In the previous party where I beat him easily, I had Wynne, and in this party, I have Leliana.

In Leliana's defence, she was the last to die…. Alistair went first.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

November 14th, 2009, 13:09
We need a database

Spoiler – dagnabbit

Spoiler tags set where necessary above, I can't see the spoiler text in Preview but fingers crossed. I'll find another way to set spoilers if needed. Just so's you know I'm awake and not a chump

Edit: can't see the spoiler text so using select-to-view spoilers. Will search for hints on how to set spoiler tags so they work. Irony yep

Hmm has to be something in the set-spoiler option line. Something anything for now until the cavalry arrives

Peter
Last edited by EvanOfCaerleon; November 14th, 2009 at 13:30.

EvanOfCaerleon

Traveler

November 14th, 2009, 13:37
You've got to go to the "advanced" window for the spoiler tags. I suppose I should have put a spoiler warning in the heading, but I figured anybody who has not done Redcliffe yet, would figure that a thread about Redcliffe would have spoilers about Redcliffe.

Interesting experiences you're having, Evan. It's very interesting to see exactly what triggers what in the game.
Spoiler – .
I'm supposed to go to the mages to find help.

I was tempted to go to the Elves first, just to give me a break from that damn mage's tower, but then I decided I'd rather not tempt fate a second time….

Hmm has to be something in the set-spoiler option line. Something anything for now until the cavalry arrives
Heh, I just put a "." there…

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

November 14th, 2009, 14:25
Thanks Rivian!

It's very interesting to see exactly what triggers what in the game.

Yes this one looks as if it can stand another playthrough. Or two or more yes, very impressive indeed and the back-stories have started sinking in

On triggers-

Spoiler – .

Peter

EvanOfCaerleon

Traveler

November 16th, 2009, 10:25
Wow, I had no idea that was an option. I've done Redcliffe twice, and both times the same thing happened:
Spoiler

Guess I should try changing the order around a bit to see the different outcomes.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » Redcliffe: Can I do this?