|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Patch and Demo in the Works

Default Divinity 2 - Patch and Demo in the Works

December 7th, 2009, 18:48
Gamebanshee posts a link to a statement on the official Divinity 2 Forums giving some information on an upcoming patch and eventual demo scheduled for Divinity 2.
Here's the post:
Hi all,

I just wanted to give you the update on the next patch. The US release contains a number of fixes and improvements, based upon your feedback, and the new patch has been derived from that. It's currently in QA but as the game is pretty big and they need to test it against all the different language versions and both platforms, it might still take a bit of time before it's released, but we're trying to get it done as soon as possible. To give you an idea of what the new patch contains, here's a small (but not finite) list:

-New targetting system
-No more getting stuck on dynamic objects
-More hints on the map
-Weapons now hit multiple enemies if they are standing within the arc the weapon makes
-No more delays between skills and attacks i.e. the avatar reacts much faster in combat
-A bunch of fixes and other improvements

We'll keep you posted on when it clears QA.

There's also a demo in the works which should be clearing pretty soon too.

Apologies for the time it's taking, but nowadays it takes longer to test something than to actually implement it, but I really hope it'll be released soon.
A follow-up later in the thread clarifies, "Our plan is to bring all releases (that includes the German one) to the same version. So the next patch will bring everything on par with the US version. " The US version is scheduled for release early in 2010.

More information.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 7th, 2009, 18:48
Has a bit of a slow start, but is a great follow-up to Divine Divinity.

Barghest

SasqWatch

December 8th, 2009, 00:48
Very pretty avatar.

Good news on the game, thank you.

Anderson

Consolized

December 8th, 2009, 02:13
Is this an international demo?

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 8th, 2009, 10:49
Not sure what you mean by "international" but I'm sure English is included from the context.

-= RPGWatch =-
Last edited by Dhruin; December 9th, 2009 at 08:31. Reason: Bloody syntax

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 9th, 2009, 00:38
Sounds like they're doing the demo after they patch all the localizations, so I would assume they'd have demos for all versions. But it's hard to tell from such a short post.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 15th, 2009, 13:03
I just bought the game from UK and I wonder, should start playing or wait for this patch to come out first? Does it make a big difference technical and gameplay wise?

Glorian

SasqWatch

December 15th, 2009, 13:14
Try it Glorian. You'll know straight away whether or not you can play it.

I get stuttering/"extremely lagging" graphics no matter whether I try on the lowest settings or the highest settings, so I get dizzy, my eyes start to water and a beginning headache after just a few minutes of play. In its' current state the game is absolutely unplayable for me, but Corwin seems to be able to play it just fine.

At any rate, you'll know straight away if you try it.

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Patch and Demo in the Works