|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post # 10

Default Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post # 10

December 14th, 2009, 17:58
The Anteloor Post has been updated with newsletter # 10 for Two Worlds II. There's info about the swamp region, magic ingredients and mentioning of the combat system - and much more. Here's the deal on how the combat has changes from the first Two Worlds game, according to Mirek Dymek, the studio boss:
Mirek: During combat, a wide range of various aspects interact with one
another, creating a realistic overall picture. Included among these aspects is the fact that the AI of the NPCs is able to remember being attacked by the player! So if the player always uses the same standard attacks, he'll score fewer and fewer hits, since his opponent is constantly adapting his style to counteract what the player's doing. On the other hand, if the player uses all the different moves that are available to him, constantly changing his style, he'll score lots of hits. We've also integrated spectacular finishing moves and shield attacks.
Do you think this combat system is better than the one used in the first game?
More information.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

December 14th, 2009, 17:58
The first game had pretty good combat already, imo. Especially horse-mounted combat was great. The combat updates sound nice too, but I'm not sure that straying from stats based combat is such a great idea. Basing combat off of real-time decisions moves the combat into the action RPG area, which isn't necessarily better or worse, just different. Improved AI is welcome, but only part of the bigger picture of the main question — Is the game fun? There are lots of subtle gameplay elements that contribute to the fun/enjoyment factor.

Daroou

SasqWatch

December 15th, 2009, 11:58
I almost exclusively play archers so NPCs remembering my moves will not add much probably , of course i wanna see how archery is implemented and how NPCs respond to ranged attacks .
The game looks to develop well so far and i am in desperate need of good cRPGs here .

Tragos

Otinanist

December 15th, 2009, 16:30
I just smothered foes with a continuous Poison Cloud.

Zephyr

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Two Worlds II - Antaloor Post # 10