|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » Gothic Speed Runs @ WoG

Default Gothic Speed Runs @ WoG

January 28th, 2007, 22:08
WorldofGothic has put up a few new Gothic I+II+III speed runs by TheWonderer (usage of exploits included) in case anyone here is in a hurry to finish the games . Check it out…

- Gothic I in 33 minutes
- Gothic II NotR in 40 minutes
- Gothic III in 53 minutes
Moriendor is offline

Moriendor

Moriendor's Avatar
Spielkind

#1

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Schland
Posts: 1,832

Default 

February 4th, 2007, 00:09
Very impressive, some players have said what's the point of going so fast but i see no harm, "The wonderer" is having some fun and also gathering 'fame' at the same time.
Wulf is offline

Wulf

Wulf's Avatar
Inquisitor

#2

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North-West England
Posts: 1,103

Default 

February 6th, 2007, 18:04
its cool to see you can so easilly play trough gothic 1
Sparow is offline

Sparow

Watcher

#3

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 42

Default 

February 6th, 2007, 18:20
Holy crap … I think I spend more time fiddling my inventory than that …

— Mike
txa1265 is offline

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#4

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 11,326

Default 

June 15th, 2007, 13:29
The run is very impressive and I learned a few new things…..one of which I need help with.

At the :30 thru :35 seconds mark in video 2, he quickly turns left and runs up a steep wall. I have tried it numerous times without success. I did get almost to the top before sliding off, but most of the time when I try to jump forward to get on up the wall, it will jump left on the second jump. I tried for half an hour before taking another route I knew into the orc village. Also the timing required for alot of these things is insane. transforming into orc dog and biting the orc as you run by for example. Several times i gave a quick nip to get them after me, but would be instantly killed lol.

Have any of you succeeded in running up the rock wall I mentioned? I have done this before in other areas(no purpose, just playing), but can't get it right this place.

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Uriziel is offline

Uriziel

Uriziel's Avatar
Watchdog

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 216

Default 

June 15th, 2007, 19:54
@ Uriziel, Yeah I just checked that part out, it's pretty amazing the way he does that. TheWonderer has insane skill when it comes to running and jumping and using acrobatics. I can only imagine how many hours of practice he's put into the Gothics.

Personally, I wouldn't even want to be that good, because that much time practicing the same things over and over again would diminish the fun for me.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#6

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,456

Default 

June 21st, 2007, 05:35
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
WorldofGothic has put up a few new Gothic I+II+III speed runs by TheWonderer.
There are Gothic gamers and there is TheWonderer…

I praise his exploits!

I haven't seen all of them but what I've seen so far is enough for me to consider him an above average gamer. Well well above.

His grasp of the game amazes me.
I guess he spent to much time playing Gothics.

Maybe he can help with the patches!

P.S. : If I remember correctly, I saw parts of his first run of Gothic but it was in 2 hours. Now it's half of one. The guy must be on speed.
Last edited by The Wanderer; June 21st, 2007 at 06:01.
The Wanderer is offline

The Wanderer

The Wanderer's Avatar
in paths untrodden

#7

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Icewind Dale.
Posts: 495

Default 

December 28th, 2007, 16:08
About Acrobatics-Agility
Can u complete the quest New soul for the Brotherhood without paying the guard 100 ore in G1???I can do it and much more.

The Wonderer doesn't impres me. Playing(G1) hardcore right now.
Altair is offline

Altair

Altair's Avatar
Ibn La Ahad

#8

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 66

Default 

December 28th, 2007, 17:10
Well goody for you? I wasn't sure what response you were looking for here, Altair. Do you need praise? All praise Altair's elite G1 (a single-player crpg, not a game of skill) abilities
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 3,561

Default 

December 28th, 2007, 19:00
crpgnut….hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha
What im trying to say is that (hahahahah) TheWonderer planned every move(hahahahhaa) in that speed run….nothing special. Im an expert in escape from death on the last moment in G1….(hahahahha) don't need praise(hahahhahaha)…cant stop hahahahahahhahahahhaha

crpg=????

Sbdy stuck while playing G1, G2, G3 check ou this guy TheWonderer speed runs. ALL GAME SOLVE IN 1hour. Fast and easy…hahahahha

I HAD TO SAY IT PLEASE FORGIVE ME ALL
Last edited by Altair; December 28th, 2007 at 19:18. Reason: Thats why lololol
Altair is offline

Altair

Altair's Avatar
Ibn La Ahad

#10

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 66

Default 

December 28th, 2007, 22:27
crpg stands for computer role playing game, Altair. I'm glad you're so happy. It's a good way to start the New Year.
crpgnut is offline

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

#11

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 3,561

Default 

December 28th, 2007, 22:48
speed kills
curiously undead is offline

curiously undead

curiously undead's Avatar
tuned to a different freq

#12

Join Date: May 2007
Location: standing under everyone
Posts: 812

Default 

December 28th, 2007, 22:54
I wonder if Altair got that shiny red fire-engine he wanted for christmas.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.
bjon045 is offline

bjon045

bjon045's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#13

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sigil
Posts: 938

Default 

December 29th, 2007, 08:21
What do you expect me to say bjon045 ?(i dont want to get banned)
Altair is offline

Altair

Altair's Avatar
Ibn La Ahad

#14

Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 66

Default 

May 20th, 2008, 18:32
Originally Posted by Uriziel View Post
The run is very impressive and I learned a few new things…..one of which I need help with.

At the :30 thru :35 seconds mark in video 2, he quickly turns left and runs up a steep wall. I have tried it numerous times without success. I did get almost to the top before sliding off, but most of the time when I try to jump forward to get on up the wall, it will jump left on the second jump. I tried for half an hour before taking another route I knew into the orc village. Also the timing required for alot of these things is insane. transforming into orc dog and biting the orc as you run by for example. Several times i gave a quick nip to get them after me, but would be instantly killed lol.

Have any of you succeeded in running up the rock wall I mentioned? I have done this before in other areas(no purpose, just playing), but can't get it right this place.
With a few mods coming out I decided to load up the ole Gothic and give'r a spin. And like a retard I remembered this thread and started from scratch to make a speed run. Umm, the reason my dumbass was having so much trouble getting up this cliff face, was the last time I was trying it I didn't have acrobatics….DOH! With acrobatics it is amazingly simple to do. Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but someone might need the info……..in like 2318b.c.

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Uriziel is offline

Uriziel

Uriziel's Avatar
Watchdog

#15

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 216

Default 

May 22nd, 2008, 20:53
Originally Posted by Altair View Post
crpgnut….hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha
What im trying to say is that (hahahahah) TheWonderer planned every move(hahahahhaa) in that speed run….nothing special. Im an expert in escape from death on the last moment in G1….(hahahahha) don't need praise(hahahhahaha)…cant stop hahahahahahhahahahhaha

crpg=????

Sbdy stuck while playing G1, G2, G3 check ou this guy TheWonderer speed runs. ALL GAME SOLVE IN 1hour. Fast and easy…hahahahha

I HAD TO SAY IT PLEASE FORGIVE ME ALL

wtf is wrong with you?

I'm always watching
gaboru93 is offline

gaboru93

gaboru93's Avatar
Sentinel

#16

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 385

Default 

December 18th, 2009, 00:24
OK, I am bumping up this thread because I have seen The Wonderer's G1 "bug" run and it both amuses and amazes me.

I do have a question, though. In the end of the first video and overlapping into the 2nd, he visits Xaradas' tower and kills the 2nd & 3rd Golems there (the fire and ice ones). At first I thought he took this detour in order to get their hearts to trade later on for scrolls and potions. BUT — he goes there AFTER the new camp excursion. And once he kills the Golems he heads straight to the Orc Temple, which, as it turns out, is the central short-cut of the entire video.

SO… my question is — why waste time killing the Golems if it doesn't serve your purpose later. He totally skips any interaction with Xardas so its not needed for that quest.

The only thing I can think of is that he did for experience. That perhaps these two kills were the quickest way for a low level char to advance and get more HP. And he HAD to have done it only for the health points because he does not visit any trainers to use LP after killing the Golems.

Anyway, I am sure he explained all this somewhere in the German forums. I just hoped maybe there were some comments here. BTW, I'll post this over at WoG to see what they think.
elkston is offline

elkston

Sentinel

#17

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Carolina, USA
Posts: 347

Default 

December 18th, 2009, 21:24
Speed running a game like Gothic is like drinking a gourmet meal after putting it in a blender.
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#18

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 13,842

Default 

December 19th, 2009, 00:25
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Speed running a game like Gothic is like drinking a gourmet meal after putting it in a blender.
QFT!!!

I *still* have the Gothic games take me forever because I refuse to skip over anything when I replay. I mean … what is the point?

— Mike
txa1265 is offline

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#19

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 11,326

Default 

July 12th, 2014, 21:03
Originally Posted by elkston View Post
OK, I am bumping up this thread because I have seen The Wonderer's G1 "bug" run and it both amuses and amazes me.

I do have a question, though. In the end of the first video and overlapping into the 2nd, he visits Xaradas' tower and kills the 2nd & 3rd Golems there (the fire and ice ones). At first I thought he took this detour in order to get their hearts to trade later on for scrolls and potions. BUT — he goes there AFTER the new camp excursion. And once he kills the Golems he heads straight to the Orc Temple, which, as it turns out, is the central short-cut of the entire video.

SO… my question is — why waste time killing the Golems if it doesn't serve your purpose later. He totally skips any interaction with Xardas so its not needed for that quest.

The only thing I can think of is that he did for experience. That perhaps these two kills were the quickest way for a low level char to advance and get more HP. And he HAD to have done it only for the health points because he does not visit any trainers to use LP after killing the Golems.

Anyway, I am sure he explained all this somewhere in the German forums. I just hoped maybe there were some comments here. BTW, I'll post this over at WoG to see what they think.
Sorry to dredge this old topic up again, but someone reading later might want the answer posed but not answered. He did it because he needed one of the Golem hearts. The hearts of ice and fire golems can be equipped and used like a rune.(weakest ice and fire runes from Circle 1, but you don't need to meet the magic requirement of a rune.)

Chris: Dad, what's the blow-hole for?

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Uriziel is offline

Uriziel

Uriziel's Avatar
Watchdog

#20

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 216
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Gothic 3 » Gothic 1/2 » Gothic Speed Runs @ WoG
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:44.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch