|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: Ultima 6 Project Milestone 8 Released!

Default RPGWatch Feature: Ultima 6 Project Milestone 8 Released!

December 18th, 2009, 23:48
You are correct about the tech limits of the DS engine and believe me, our guys have stretched those limits far beyond what the original could handle. The indoor camera can be a pain, especially on stairs, but again, we're stuck with what DS allows.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

January 17th, 2010, 21:15
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
I've been playing it and it works pretty well. There are a few inherent tech limits I assume because of the DS code base. For example, none of the resolutions look good on my monitor and the windowed version just hangs. The camera doesn't work well indoors and keeps either leaving me staring at a wall/roof or wildly swinging around. I'm going to persevere, though. U6 was one of my favorite games.
Yes, we are stuck with some limitations inherent in the DS engine, but you should be able to run windowed … I do it all the time. But you may have to tweak the DS config file to get it set correctly, and add some command line parameters. Of course, it may depend on what OS you're running. I'm using XP.

Aletys

U6P Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch Feature: Ultima 6 Project Milestone 8 Released!