|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

February 11th, 2010, 00:32
I'm about to start Titan Quest:Immortal Throne. But the manuals, ugh. There's no description of the classes and their abilities in a single tech tree doc. I really resent any game that is so poorly documented.

Ah, well it's back to Prey and NWN 2….

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 11th, 2010, 02:33
Actually, I've been spending the most time with Guitar Hero 5 on the Wii. I'm playing bass and I've managed to work up to medium difficulty so far. Strangely enough, I'm finding that knowing the song and having a basic knowledge of a real bass guitar isn't always a benefit. Still having a good time with it, though. The Wild Dogs do a poor job of staying quiet while I'm playing and take great pleasure in heckling me if I stumble.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 11th, 2010, 07:16
Still playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant, and I'll be eternally grateful for the hint that lead me to this gem of a JRPG. What's not to love about this game? My vampiric wrestler slapped and killed two major demons with a tuna. Then there are gramps and his marionette bumping off undead with their butts…
What a great game .

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 11th, 2010, 21:26
I reached the desert in Patapon and unfortunately it made me drop the game for now. It was fun before that but this is like "press the right buttons for 10 minutes".

Also been replaying ME2 on insanity. Got two loyalty missions left to do.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

February 13th, 2010, 17:52
Been plying Bioshock 2 and about half way through. I don't know what to say. It's definitely another take on extreme political ideology but it haven't really surprised me yet. Saving little sisters feels like mmorpg grinding. You know what to do, it's just tedious.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

February 15th, 2010, 13:04
Playing Mass Effect 2. This game is all sorts of awesome.

I didn't like a lot of the design choices and gameplay mechanics when I heard of them, but once I started playing, none of that mattered anymore. If you liked the first ME, play the sequel! Play it now.

Krzychu

Sentinel

February 16th, 2010, 01:16
Titan Quest discussion moved to the Titan Quest Thread, as per request.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

February 16th, 2010, 01:17
Originally Posted by Krzychu View Post
Playing Mass Effect 2. This game is all sorts of awesome.

I didn't like a lot of the design choices and gameplay mechanics when I heard of them, but once I started playing, none of that mattered anymore. If you liked the first ME, play the sequel! Play it now.
Just remember never to stop and think too much and you'll never be disappointed … sort of like the Avatar movie …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2010, 04:29
The demo for Heavy Rain.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2010, 09:06
You're making me wish I had a PS3.

Davion

Lawful Good

February 16th, 2010, 09:11
Spent the morning with Final Fantasy 6.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2010, 13:30
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Plants vs. Zombies released for $2.99 NOW on the iTunes App Store!
Oh I wish I had an iPhone.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 16th, 2010, 16:11
I.m thinking of getting an iPhone of iTouch just to play Sword of Fargoal. Fond memories of playing it on the C64.

Currently playing Din's Curse Beta 0.903, and DeskDungeon (excellent coffee break roguelike).

Shaf

shaf

Watchdog

February 17th, 2010, 17:51
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Just remember never to stop and think too much and you'll never be disappointed sort of like the Avatar movie
Shhh! Don't ruin it for me! LOL, well, perhaps you are right. I mean, I remember that I really liked ME1, and then when a few weeks passed after finishing the game and all the excitement faded away I kinda thought that it was pretty shallow and not that special. However, I am really enjoying ME2 right now at the time of playing! So the game is good at that, at least. The keyword here is immersion.

I saw Avatar (first movie I've ever watched in 3D) but I managed to retain a critical eye during the movie (well, through most of it, anyway ; wyverns vs. gunships woo-hoo! ) and chances are ME2 will leave a more lasting impression.

Now excuse me, I have some unfinished business with a Collector ship.

Krzychu

Sentinel

February 17th, 2010, 18:45
Far Cry 2
I grabbed this game to satisfy my graphic needs and to play a decent shooter.Having not played the original Far Cry I didn't know what to expect but from what I've read it's not really similar to the predecessor.
Far Cry 2 is a sand box shooter with everything that you might expect from such a game.Your playing a merc in Africa send to kill some weapons dealer,so far the story has been non existent and I've spent most of my time looking for diamonds to upgrade my weapons,and driving to get to the other end of the map.
The game tries to be realistic and succeeds if you don't mind the constant respawning and a few other details.The game looks good,it's no Crysis,but I guess that it might have been on of the great looking games in 2008.The environment could have been more affected by the players actions and the physics could be better,there is however a unique feature as fire can spread and help you get rid of the enemies.
After completing about 1/4 of the game I can say that after completing your 1st,you've seen them all.
My biggest beef with this game is that it's just not as fun as other shooters.I wouldn't say it's boring like Beth's latest shooter but I'm not having a blast like in most of the shooters I've played,maybe getting better gear will help this but I doubt it.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 19th, 2010, 04:29
STALKER- Call of Pripyat- Good so far
Command & Conquer 3- Average
Neverwinter Nights 2- Trying to finish it, keep getting bored.

beans

Traveler

February 19th, 2010, 04:41
Originally Posted by beans View Post
STALKER- Call of Pripyat- Good so far
Ditto … I'm liking it as well - nicely running and pre-configured out of the box.

Also playing the new Wii release of Shiren the Wanderer … not sure I like it as much as the DS version, as it is easier and more jRPG oriented, but still pretty cool.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 19th, 2010, 05:24
Originally Posted by beans View Post
Command & Conquer 3- Average.

I agree… it's not bad as far as RTS games go, but I couldn't bring myself to finish it. I started C&C3 immediately after playing through Supreme Commander, and I was turned off by the small scale of the battles in comparison. The maps were also too small for my liking.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 19th, 2010, 15:19
Command and Conquer 4 beta i hear is out im going to find more info about that in a few hours.

Rawsarrow

Born White, Died Unknown

Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?