|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

February 20th, 2010, 19:26
Scourge and AoD.

Bah! No Linux client and it doesn't work on Wine. Pfft. Losers.

Melcar

Astrocreep

February 20th, 2010, 19:27
Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
Scourge and AoD.
You forgot Grimoire.

<3

Konjad

Watch traitor from Codex

February 20th, 2010, 19:34
I was playing it, but the game is way too hardcore. Had to give it a rest for a while. Will pick it up next week.

Bah! No Linux client and it doesn't work on Wine. Pfft. Losers.

Melcar

Astrocreep

February 20th, 2010, 20:06
Originally Posted by Melcar View Post
I was playing it, but the game is way too hardcore.

Impossible! You're from the Codex, nothing is too hardcore for you.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 21st, 2010, 19:11
Gothic 3 1.73 CP no mods loveing it other than that whole WTF it burns kinda thing that the game gives ^_^

Rawsarrow

Born White, Died Unknown

Send a message via MSN to Rawsarrow

February 22nd, 2010, 10:44
I am currently playing latest Galactic Civilisations II , i never thought that a CIV clone could be that better from the original .

Tragos

Otinanist

February 22nd, 2010, 23:52
I don't know what to play next.
I'm torn between Dragon Age and King's Bounty,I have played both but I haven't finished any of them.
I bought KB last year when most of us here were playing but abandoned my save because I couldn't defeat anyone in the land of the Pirates.
I've played Dragon Age up to Ostragar and loved that part.
So I don't really know which to install
I'd prefer the shortest of the 2.

Edit: Pardon my English

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 23rd, 2010, 00:31
Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
So I don't really know which to install
I'd prefer the shortest of the 2.
I'd say DA is probably a bit longer, especially if you're the type that likes to complete all the side quests. Considering how different those 2 games are from each other, it really just boils down to what type of game you're in the mood to play right now.

JDR13

SasqWatch

February 23rd, 2010, 07:42
I say I am about 1/3 through FF6 now but I have had to put it down for some schoolwork.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

February 23rd, 2010, 15:26
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'd say DA is probably a bit longer, especially if you're the type that likes to complete all the side quests. Considering how different those 2 games are from each other, it really just boils down to what type of game you're in the mood to play right now.
I'll install KB since I'm not in the mood for the "seriousness" of DA.That fact that KB is shorter is also a plus as I don't have the courage to play a huge game.Thanks for the tip.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 25th, 2010, 21:09
Drakensang 2, of course !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 27th, 2010, 13:44
So the German version is out already? How is it?

Krzychu

Sentinel

February 27th, 2010, 16:04
I put away FF6 until next weekend since I have too much schoolwork for a such heavy game, but I actually begun to play Ishar I in winuae. It's the AGA version so it looks like the PC version, but UAE gives me savestates and the ability to remap the keyboard. I control the game with NUMPAD 4-9, with 7&9 as "turn". I use Z-B to attack with my five characters and A-G is "action".

Considering just how extremely hardcore this game is, having savestates is a great ease, still I have been forced to replay a lot for doing wrong early on. Here's some nuisances;
1. When new it's extremely easy to die, and death means loss of character, no resurrect here, at least not in the beginning of the game.
2. You need to constantly eat, as soon as your foodbar drops to half you begin to miss often. Every strike you make will consume your foodbar and bosses are more than likely to force you to eat all food you carry just to keep up. Eating and sleeping in an inn (only way I found to recover magic points) is VERY expensive, even if you walk all the way back to the first city to save money.
3. You pay up 1000 gold just to save in-game, three thieves in the first city gives you about 100 gold, so you have something to compare with.
4. There are two levers in the first dungeon, pull both and you will eventually find that you locked yourself in. Permanently! Meaning you have to restart the game or load an earlier save.
5. There are items you only have 1 shot to get. Miss the opportunity and you have replay from scratch.

The good news it that the gameworld is so small.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

February 28th, 2010, 03:11
I'm taking a break from thought-provoking rpgs and brainmelting strategy games and playing a casual knockoff of Puzzle Quest from Popcap/SquareEnix called Gyromancer. It's basically the Beghouled Twist mechanic from Plants v Zombies(which is actually a Bejeweled Twist mechanic) in a Puzzle Quest-like format. So I'm playing a knockoff of a ripoff?

Anyway, it's a pretty fun puzzle game, but buggy. If you liked either of the two games mentioned, you'll probably find this one acceptable for $15. Lots of CTDs—but usually when it decides to crash, I take it as an omen to get back to real life, so it's not all bad.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

February 28th, 2010, 12:19
Well I've dved deep into King's Bounty.

It's truly fantastic. Had to figure out that I need to keep my troops maxed at all times, even for a mage character. Duh….

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 28th, 2010, 14:04
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Drakensang 2, of course !
Originally Posted by Krzychu View Post
So the German version is out already? How is it?
Seconded! Drakensang 2 is one of the few games in the immediate future in which I have any interest. How does it compare to the first? Please, tell me the engine has been better optimized…

themadhatter

Philosopher Emeritus

March 3rd, 2010, 14:22
I'm (re)playing "Might and Magic 6" with "The Chaos Conspiracy mod", and having a blast ! It's great to re-discover such a fine game.

Lonely Vazdru

Now I'm here

March 3rd, 2010, 17:35
Might and Magic 6 is one of my personal favorites, and usually gets a replay from me every twenty-four months or so. I've never tried it with any mods, however. I'll have to check it out.

I'm still playing Gyromancer and enjoying it quite a bit more than than Galactrix—it's fairly difficult at times, and occasionally even impossible, but engrossing for the puzzle type genre. Here's a review of it for those who might be interested in some mindless casual diversion:
http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/gyroman…24144247802080

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2010, 18:15
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Might and Magic 6 is one of my personal favorites, and usually gets a replay from me every twenty-four months or so.
If so, then yes, make sure to check this out. It both completely changes the whole story and adds new enemies and yet it's still the same old MM6. Like a MM6"turbo.

Lonely Vazdru

Now I'm here

March 3rd, 2010, 18:25
I still need to play some of the M&M series. I have World of Xeen and #6 sitting on my shelf…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?