Mortal Online

Bladeheart

Watcher
I gather this game is due out soon, and a friend is trying to get me to join him and pre-order.

Does anyone have any personal insight on how this game is turning out, as it is not the cheapest of games to purchase?

Cheers

Even at best its not out for months so I wouldnt hurry. If you buy it now though you get into the betatest (not a finished game) but there is a NDA so testers are not really allowed to speak about it. I currently play Darkfall but Im also in MO beta block B.

What I know about this game I have no high expections. It could go either way. Better just not get hyped too much. If your cash is short then dont hurry buying betaversions of games. Better wait until later when you have plenty reviews both player and critic to relay upon instead of buying a "big in a sack".

I preordered the game mainly because I want to support the niche-genre it represents among mmos. If it comes out as a good game then thats just a bonus.

Yeah, so far this game is all potential - but I don't really expect much from it. Too many developers have promised too many things that didn't pan out, for me to get overly excited at this stage.

I saw some recent screen shots, they have full nudity for both female and male characters and I believe full looting in PVP. Those simple facts will definitely get it attention as time goes by. Good or bad, your choice. Of course that's not all the game has, but I don't know of any other planned big scale MMO that offered full nudity.
"Excuse me, I just got ganked, has anyone got a spare pair of underpants?"

FWIW, I don't think they have full nudity for the attention factor, as they clearly are not doing this for the big bucks.

It's part of their philosophy of uncompromising "realism" insofar as it can apply to a videogame in a meaningful way.

Personally, it really doesn't do anything for me. But I must admit that I generally roll my eyes when you can see little textured underwear that can't be removed. It sort of kills the immersion factor slightly, and reminds you that it may be a great game and it may try to simulate aspects of reality to the extent that it will "draw you in" - but oh no, we can't have nudity as it'd be offensive.

Something along those lines, though I understand the business side of things.

I think you're right Dartagnan, and I personally don't have an issue with it as long as it's labeled as "mature' and it's clearly indicated on the box, so parents can make the right decisions. But it's still a pretty gutsy move and fairly novel at this point in MMO's.
They have a lot of that early UO mentality going on and I enjoyed a lot of that myself at one time. I wish them luck.

So, anyone here interested in playing this game? I bought it last summer to beta test it, but hardly had any time.

By the middle of May I will most likely have some time again and would like to play it then. Anyone tried it lately? Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom