|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Wizard101

Default Wizard101

December 10th, 2009, 00:20
Nothing came up on the search function, so I'll start a new thread.

Anyone know anything about the game in the title? My girls have been playing the heck out of it for almost a week, but I've never heard anything about it. It appears that there's free zones and pay zones. With the interest the girls have shown, I'm considering getting them a membership for Christmas, but I'm looking for some info first. I never play MMOs, so I'm utterly clueless about what's out there. The game itself looks simple and cartoony, but the girls are preteens, so that's probably appropriate.

Thanks in advance if anyone has some info for me.

edit- I checked out the wiki, which gave me some basic info. I'm still more interested in opinions of folks around here.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 10th, 2009, 15:27
I gave the game a try since I'm an MMORPG fan. It's cutesy and fun, perfect for kids if I remember correctly. And if they play together and form groups, that's family bonding right there (and maybe you could join them too!)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

December 11th, 2009, 19:15
Hmmm. I watched the Wild Dogs play for a while last night. Their strategy for equipped items was based solely on appearance until I showed them what the item descriptions mean. I'm not really convinced they'll get much beyond the initial fed-ex quests without dying repeatedly and getting frustrated. I think I'm going with a Plan B—getting "A Witch's Tale" for their DS. All 3 can use the game, similar gameplay, and I only have to pay once if it tanks with the girls.

Thanks for the input, though, wolfing.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

December 14th, 2009, 22:02
Actually, I've never heard of this game before? This game any good for a casual gamer?

lm8dark

Watcher

December 15th, 2009, 15:05
Originally Posted by lm8dark View Post
Actually, I've never heard of this game before? This game any good for a casual gamer?
It's free to play, and yes it's good for casual gaming, but like I said, it's very 'cutesy' (obviously targetted to younger players)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

April 13th, 2010, 12:40
Wizard101 is a 3D massively multiplayer online role-playing mettlesome created by KingsIsle Entertainment. Players take on the role of students in a vision academy for wizards, and battle a variety of creatures by casting spells using a turn-based combat system kindred to collectible card games. Players advance in the mettlesome by accepting quests to learn newborn spells, gain equipment, and collect gold. The mettlesome holds a rating of from the Entertainment Software Ratings Board for crude humor and temperate vision violence. Although designed for pre-teens, the mettlesome appeals to younger kids as well.

sd card

woxcruse

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Wizard101