|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 3 - Announced for PC

Default Fable 3 - Announced for PC

May 21st, 2010, 23:33
Official word of a Fable III version for PC has been released, due "this holiday". The PR from the Lionhead blog:
[quote]
Epic “Fable III” Journey Expands to Windows This Holiday
Limited Collector’s Edition Includes Unique Memorabilia and Unlocks Additional In-Game Action
Lead a rebellion, start a revolution, and rule a kingdom in “Fable III”. Microsoft Game Studios and Lionhead Studios present the thrilling new chapter in the “Fable” franchise exclusively on Xbox 360 and Windows. Action, drama, adventure and humor propel the story as players choose their journey to become King or Queen of Albion.
“Fable III” will be available in Standard and Limited Collector’s Editions for Xbox 360. The Standard Edition will retail for $59.99/£44.99/€64.99, while the Limited Collector’s Edition will retail for $79.99/£59.99/€84.99. The Windows version will retail for $49.99/£39.99/€54.99, and will also be available for download exclusively on Games on Demand on Games for Windows – LIVE.
The Limited Collector’s Edition also offers unique collectibles that true “Fable” fans won’t want to miss, including downloadable content, also available for Windows users, as well as in-box items that come with the Xbox 360 version. Wrapped up in a distinctive box created in the likeness of a book from “Fable III,” the contents include:
· A new quest: Uncover the mystery of the haunted forests of Silverpines and earn the legendary sword, Wolfsbane, deadly against wolves and balverines.
· Exclusive location: Unlock a new region, ideal for settling down with a family and discovering new treasures.
· “Fable III” playing cards: Created by Lionhead, these cards depict every type of character in “Fable III,” including Heroes, royals, rebels and villains from across Albion and beyond.
· Guild Seal Coin: The coin features a Good side (blue) and Evil side (red) to assist players in making critical decisions that will impact the fate of the world forever.
· A new dog breed: Renowned for its loyalty, the Boxer is a brave canine companion worthy of greatest Queens and Kings.
· One unique outfit: Unearth one male and female outfit from the mysterious, faraway land of Aurora, a new destination in your “Fable III” adventures.

<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Calibri;">“Fable III” sets the stage fo…More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 21st, 2010, 23:33
i would buy the CE if fable 2 where in there!

no prequel, no buy.

maybe i rent it some day.

i dont like bioware games

turian

Sentinel

May 22nd, 2010, 00:02
Don't forget - it's not going to be an RPG.

Daddy32

Sentinel

May 22nd, 2010, 00:04
Is "this holiday" in summer or in winter?

I feel like I could… like I could… TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!

Malk

The Tentacle

May 22nd, 2010, 00:18
Fable 1 PC and Fable 3 PC, but no Fable 2 PC? This is MADNESS! (insert 300 quote here)

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver

May 22nd, 2010, 00:24
I'll pass on this. I don't need to play another mediocre console RPG from Peter Molyneux.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 22nd, 2010, 00:52
Sounds like ms running out of money buying exclusives for xbox.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

May 22nd, 2010, 00:54
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Sounds like ms running out of money buying exclusives for xbox.
Dumb comment when they own that company.

rune_74

SasqWatch

May 22nd, 2010, 01:01
Originally Posted by Malk View Post
Is "this holiday" in summer or in winter?
It's winter in the northern hemisphere and summer in the southern (for example South-Africa or Australia).

Holiday doesn't refer to vacation but to Holy Days, in other words Christmas and New Year (for the US Thanksgiving is thrown in) which comes down to Q4.

If a game is released in the summer they will probably state "Summer 2010". Ofcourse not many games have been released during that period because kids are on vacation, are playing outside or it's to hot to sit in front of a TV.

Another posibility is to state the game will be released in the FALL or in the WINTER but as said then it will be SPRING and SUMMER in the southern hemisphere. But as shown that is not a global way of saying it.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

May 22nd, 2010, 05:03
Its funny how Molyneux has once again made 180 degree turn. With fable 2 he was all xbox, and now he is coming back to pc market. My quess is that fable 1 sold better than the sequel. Its just odd why they didn't port fable 2 to pc. Not everyone likes to play on consoles.

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

May 22nd, 2010, 12:06
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Fable 1 PC and Fable 3 PC, but no Fable 2 PC?
I agree, this sounds strange

Fable 1 - yes
Fable 2 - no
Fable 3 - yes

In Binary, this would look like 101.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 22nd, 2010, 12:40
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
Holiday doesn't refer to vacation but to Holy Days, in other words Christmas and New Year (for the US Thanksgiving is thrown in) which comes down to Q4.
This is what confused me, thanks.

I feel like I could… like I could… TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!

Malk

The Tentacle

May 22nd, 2010, 13:00
So dollar is worth less than a euro, but the price in euro is higher. What am I missing here?

BearishSun

Traveler

May 22nd, 2010, 13:16
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Dumb comment when they own that company.
Cute. Its still a loss of income to keep games exclusives whether they own the companies or not. This could mean that more xbox exclusives are released for pc too in future. Change of ms policy.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

May 22nd, 2010, 13:16
It will suck.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

May 22nd, 2010, 13:32
PC or not, I will pass on this, if Natal is mandatory.

srabuseen

Watcher

May 23rd, 2010, 03:36
Making Natal mandatory will be a moronic move of epic proportions.

That's why it's not going to be.

ortucis

May 23rd, 2010, 03:56
Yeah, not mandatory.

Anderson

Consolized

May 23rd, 2010, 22:10
Originally Posted by BearishSun View Post
So dollar is worth less than a euro, but the price in euro is higher. What am I missing here?
That's the usual thing. ALL software in this world is ALWAYS costing more in Euro than in Dollars.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fable 3 - Announced for PC