|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Ultimate Edition

Default Ultimate Edition

June 5th, 2010, 22:29
Hello, everyone,

has anyone ever seen this edition : http://www.amazon.de/NAMCO-BANDAI-Pa…769892&sr=8-39

It's said to combine all NWN1&2 games with all expansions - minus the "Premium Modules", of course, since they were never released in Germany.

German site "Spiele-Radar" says this edition was launched at 4th of December, 2009.

Personall, I don't recall having seen it ever - and even worse: No-one lists it ! Neither amazon germany (except the link from above), nor ebay germany !

I wonder whether this - and all other similar products have been cancelled because of that quarrel Hasbro vs. Atari et. al. ?

Alrik

P.S. : I found out that Kingmaker is at least very cheaply to import …
http://www.amazon.de/Neverwinter-Nig…5769935&sr=8-1

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 25th, 2010, 11:24
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Hello, everyone,

has anyone ever seen this edition : http://www.amazon.de/NAMCO-BANDAI-Pa…769892&sr=8-39

It's said to combine all NWN1&2 games with all expansions - minus the "Premium Modules", of course, since they were never released in Germany.

I would love to see an English version of that!

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 25th, 2010, 15:50
During my research it occurred to me that seemingly *everything* regarding NWN 1 & 2 has been halted by Atari … A company that is otherwise known to milk cash cows very, very well … In all shop's computers everything is "red" and "sold out" and will never be restocked.

I take this as a sign of some sort of "cease & desist" - or what's the term - letter by Hasbro towards Atari/Ex-Infogrames.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 13th, 2010, 12:23
Whats so special about that except that it has "ultimate" in its name? I bet its just a fancy box with fancy name and inside theres nothing but the dvds. I bought nice looking nwn collection few years back and even though the name and box was nice it didnt even have a printed manual. That was a bit downer since I was unfamiliar with ad&d 3.5 and I really needed to read the manual because of it.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 13th, 2010, 14:35
[cynism]Europeans just don't get proper (A)D&D manuals. They don't need them.[/cynism]

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 14th, 2010, 15:59
NWN series models p&p ad&d rules to the letter? I wouldnt want to plan characters based on rules that dont exist.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

July 16th, 2010, 11:18
The draw is that it has all the official expansions and modules from *both* games.

The problem is that I don't think it was ever actually published…

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » NWN 2 » Ultimate Edition