|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Screens @ Official Site

Default Grim Dawn - Screens @ Official Site

June 20th, 2010, 14:13
The folks at the official site for Crate Entertainment's work in progress, Grim Dawn have posted a few screenshots since our last report. Head over to check them out.
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

June 20th, 2010, 14:13
Looks great. Titan Quest was the only game of this "ilk" I played start to finish since the original Dungeon Siege. Iron Lore is the only studio to get it right in my opinion. I've always got room for a little hack-n-slash.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

June 20th, 2010, 16:04
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Looks great. Titan Quest was the only game of this "ilk" I played start to finish since the original Dungeon Siege. Iron Lore is the only studio to get it right in my opinion. I've always got room for a little hack-n-slash.
I found Titan Quest and Dungeon Siege to be quite dull. Torchlight however, keeps me interested and of course, don't forget Nox!

mazling

Dungeoneer, 2nd Class

June 20th, 2010, 18:19
The screen shots have been progressing very nicely on Grim Dawn, if the game play matches this progression we could have a real fun game on our hands.

Terry

Watchdog

June 20th, 2010, 21:55
I played Torchlight for a few hours. I know it is popular (so is Fate) but I just don't get the draw. Too cartoony, too dull for me at least. Today I can't stomach Dungeon Siege either, but in 2002 it was pretty good. I think the graphics and physics engine along with the game pacing an environments kept me moving through Titan Quest. The game mechanics just worked. In contrast I HATED Sacred, primarily due to the overbearing respawn.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

June 20th, 2010, 22:35
IMO, Titan Quest is the best Diablo clone. The character development is very well balanced and the skills are done smartly, so you basically cannot develop a bad character like in Diablo 2. If there only would have been few videos between chapters to keep the interest in story, the game would have been perfect.

Ergonpandilus

The Guardian

June 21st, 2010, 00:14
Heh, Nox was better than any hack'n slash game in my opinion - there was actually some substance in it. I kept waiting year after year for a sequel, but I knew the chances were low, especially after Westwood got swallowed by EA.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 21st, 2010, 21:27
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Heh, Nox was better than any hack'n slash game in my opinion - there was actually some substance in it. I kept waiting year after year for a sequel, but I knew the chances were low, especially after Westwood got swallowed by EA.
+1. I am with you and mazling on NOX. I enjoyed this game much more than Diablo anything. I recently installed it on my XP system to play it again but it either doesn't like my dual core or my widescreen monitor. It loads fine but it won't play without a semi-garbled screen.

*** Grim Dawn actually looks interesting and I love the screen shots.

Rills

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grim Dawn - Screens @ Official Site