|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grotesque Tactics - "Premium" Gone Gold

Default Grotesque Tactics - "Premium" Gone Gold

May 27th, 2010, 00:53
I don't actually know what the Premium Edition is, but it's gone Gold for Grotesque Tactics. Presumably this is the promised English version, since the press release came to us via a UK PR service:
Grotesque Tactics - Premium Edition is golden

Dueren, May 25th 2010 – Headup Games and Silent Dreams today announce that their upcoming SRPG title (strategy-RPG) Grotesque Tactics – Premium has equaled goldmaster status.

Grotesque Tactics combines the features and clichés of Western and Asian console role playing games (such as Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics) and provides an high-ly addicting and entertaining change to the current more serious role playing titles. To protect the kingdom from the merciless cult “The Dark Church” which has murdered all heroes and knights you will have to hire dubious soldiers – and rescue jealous maidens who will follow you into combat as your groupies. Up to 10 heroes are deployed in tactical battles to take on the Dark Church with their special abilities.
The developers of Grotesque Tactics are deeply focused to bring across the fascination of the Strategy RPG genre known through more serious titles such as Heroes of Might and Magic, Jagged Alliance or King’s Bounty.

On the side Grotesque Tactics throws a lot of dialogues and a grand story in your face mimicking the whole RPG genre in a most humo¬rous way including numerous side blows towards Oblivion, Final Fantasy or Lord of the Rings. Grotesque Tactics is funny with a great plot and gives you a tactical challenge to remember.

Features

• Turn based tactical battles with the funniest animations yet seen in any RPG
• Distinctive party members such as the arrogant Holy Avatar, the blood thirsty Vampire Solithaire, the sweet but hot-tempered Angel Angelina and many more
• Gorgeous villages & landscapes and sinister & dark dungeons
• Scantily dressed maidens to be freed from the grasp of merciless monsters
• Enormous, highly detailed and very pissed off end bosses
• Classical RPG elements: Quests, treasures, trade, leveling and out¬fitting of the party,…
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 27th, 2010, 00:53
The "Premium Version" is the improved Grotesque Tactics for the german retail and now also the international market.
This new version has better graphics, 3d cam, a new explore mode, more quests, items etc.

BlackKnight

Traveler

May 27th, 2010, 11:27
I'm going to have to check out this game some time in the near future.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

May 27th, 2010, 11:29
English language release date?
Will it be buyable by official site?

Furor Vincit Omnia

Gragnak

Black Knight

Send a message via Yahoo to Gragnak

May 27th, 2010, 15:48
Looks interesting kind of.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

May 27th, 2010, 21:51
Still seems like it has potential, though it has surely traveled a strange road up to the present day in terms of dev and whatnot…

getter77

Sentinel

July 7th, 2010, 20:02
Any played this yet, sounds like there might be an English release according to the official website?

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

July 7th, 2010, 23:02
can I get it through Steam or Impulse?

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

July 8th, 2010, 05:44
The trailer looks stupid. I don't mind funny, but I guess I don't share that kind of humor.

Turjan

Sentinel

July 8th, 2010, 11:24
Germans appear to have quite a strange kind of humour.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 8th, 2010, 15:02
I don't care about trailers I'm interested in the gameplay, and the little I've seen looks very promising, but obviously, the most important part (the AI) can't be seen in videos. Anybody play it yet?

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

July 8th, 2010, 15:14
I downloaded the demo and played it, I did not play so long and got an error message too….. but maybe it was not the premium version ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

July 8th, 2010, 20:13
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Germans appear to have quite a strange kind of humour.
I'm not sure whether that's the point. I had the impression the humor was stuck in the 60's or 70's. It looked terribly outdated.

Turjan

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Grotesque Tactics - "Premium" Gone Gold