|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Upcoming Combat-Oriented DLC

Default Dragon Age - Upcoming Combat-Oriented DLC

July 28th, 2010, 23:15
… and to draw/suck additional money from it …

(In the case of commercial DLC).

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 28th, 2010, 23:25
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
It's not really semantics if someone picks up a used copy and as a result is unable to install the "free" DLC. Free DLC, in this case, is meant to hamper/discourage the second-hand market…
Unlike the initial release of the Enhanced "patch" for The Witcher, which required you to register your retail copy first or Stardock's games, where patches are only delivered to registered owners?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 29th, 2010, 00:17
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Unlike the initial release of the Enhanced "patch" for The Witcher, which required you to register your retail copy first or Stardock's games, where patches are only delivered to registered owners?
Really? I was unaware of this as I never played the EE version.

Though it looks like you can DL it for free now(here). The upload date seems to coincide with the initial release of TWEE too.

MasterKromm

Sentinel

July 29th, 2010, 13:34
I'm sure it may have changed by now, but here's a couple of reminders. A snip from CDPR's FAQ:

Q: Do I have to install the patch on the same computer I used to activate the game?

A: Yes, you must install the patch on the same computer you used to activate the game because the verification process must be able to reference the necessary registry entries.
…and a quote from one of our regular forum members on his experience:

It's not going smooth for me. I got the files but, when I tried to upgrade, it said I needed to register the game first. Ooops! OK, fine - luckily I still have my manual after 6 months. I regeistered my copy and… the updater STILL refuses to update, saying I have not registered the game. When I start the game, the little splash screen has 'Register" dimmed so that understands that I have registered the game.
Looks the same as free DLC to me.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 30th, 2010, 20:13
A patch can be seen as DLC, i.e. downloaded content. DLC is just a method to deliver content in a game, say add-ons, or add-ins, or expansions or patches…

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - Upcoming Combat-Oriented DLC