|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elemental: War of Magic - Demo in September

Default Elemental: War of Magic - Demo in September

August 21st, 2010, 15:38
The Big Download says an Elemental demo is planned for September, according to a review guide that accompanied their copy:
Big Download just got an official reviewer's guide for Elemental: War of Magic, the upcoming fantasy turn-based strategy game from developer-publisher Stardock. In the reviewer's guide it makes mention that a demo for the game will indeed be released for folks who want to try out a free portion of the title. The demo is currently set for an early September release. No detail about what the demo will contain have been revealed.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 21st, 2010, 15:38
Sweet. The only reason I haven't pre-ordered Elemental yet is because I'm not sure if it will run on my Crap-tastic computer. Thank God Stardock still supplies us with these Demos…

EvilKoala

Mutated Mastermind

August 21st, 2010, 16:55
Demo sounds good to me, too, just because I'm not sure whether or not I'll enjoy the gameplay.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

August 21st, 2010, 21:06
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Demo sounds good to me, too, just because I'm not sure whether or not I'll enjoy the gameplay.
I agree. Most people just don't have the money to spend and take a chance that a game is good & something that agrees with you. All new games should have some kind of demo.

spiraling69

Sentinel

August 22nd, 2010, 04:33
I am wanting to try the demo first before buying the game as well as waiting on reviews. An earlier article said they were still adding things such as diplomacy in the 4th beta so I wonder how polished the game will be or if they are rushing it out the door with some features only half implemented.

I did get Sins of a Solar Empire from Stardock after playing the demo, so if E:WoM has good gameplay I will probably pick it up after trying the demo.

Xian

Watchdog

August 22nd, 2010, 09:33
I'm also waiting for the Demo, I'm just not sure what the game is (gameplay wise) all about, even after all these trailers.

So I'll just buy Mafia 2 to have something to play till Civ V is released. And then I'll be quite happy for a a few month.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

August 22nd, 2010, 09:49
I'm not waiting for the demo. This one is an instant buy for me when they release it. It's been too long since I played a game like MOM or Age of Wonders

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

August 22nd, 2010, 12:47
I'm waiting for the demo since I still don't know enough about this game, personally.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 23rd, 2010, 20:50
Since I have yet to play Master of Magic and the Age of Wonders, I'll wait on the reviews and community opinions before checking this out. Looks like fun, though!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Elemental: War of Magic - Demo in September