|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

September 21st, 2010, 00:06
Fixed my slow MoM. Nevermind.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 21st, 2010, 05:43
been dabbling in Saints Row2 over the last few days, and I've come to the realization that the crime-spree subgenre may finally be lost on me for good. I just cant get excited about it anymore. GTA Vice City was fun, I played the hell out of that game. Perhaps too much :\

Worse yet, I still have GTA IV waiting in the wings.

Run over one old lady with a garbage truck while playing 80's hair metal on the radio, youve run over them all. Meh

Now back to a REAL game - Disciples II!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 21st, 2010, 10:45
SR2 and GTA IV are sort of similar but different. SR2 is quite silly whereas GTA IV is more serious.

I'll admit I enjoyed GTA IV more (At first) than I did SR2, but I think that if SR2 had a higher level of polish (And wasn't a crap port) and some tweaks it could have been a very close contest.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 21st, 2010, 16:08
I'm actually playing the 360 version of Sr2, I bought it once upon a time on D2D and it was unplayable on my older XP system. To my surprise, it actually has run like a slideshow on my 360 at times as well! I was floored, here I thought that this wasnt an issue with consoles….

I think that part of the problem is that I'm not big on driving games, and these games are so dependent on driving. I suck at it, it's literally a challenge for me to simply keep the car on the road let alone accomplish something w/ it. And I veer off too much on just causing havok, maybe I need to stay focused on just doing missions. But that's the fun of an open world tho, right?

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 21st, 2010, 16:13
Borderlands works perfect for me and my girlfriend. We play a couple of missions per day for an hour or two. It's fun to just drop in, shoot some stuff, then go back to everyday business.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

September 21st, 2010, 18:03
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
I'm actually playing the 360 version of Sr2, I bought it once upon a time on D2D and it was unplayable on my older XP system. To my surprise, it actually has run like a slideshow on my 360 at times as well! I was floored, here I thought that this wasnt an issue with consoles….
Ah, I have the PC version (Steam). It's a buggy game, I'll agree. Actually, buggy isn't the word for it. I managed to work my way through it, though!

I think that part of the problem is that I'm not big on driving games, and these games are so dependent on driving. I suck at it, it's literally a challenge for me to simply keep the car on the road let alone accomplish something w/ it. And I veer off too much on just causing havok, maybe I need to stay focused on just doing missions. But that's the fun of an open world tho, right?
Again, I agree with you. GTA IV is much better for driving IMHO, because SR2's cars handle like drunken elephants on skateboards on ice. Going in a straight line is fine, but as soon as you need to deviate from that it all goes to hell.

I'd say persevere with SR2 if you can. It's not a great game, more a game with high potential. If you do get fed up with it, then I promise you that GTA IV is worth your time.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 22nd, 2010, 02:45
been dabbling in Saints Row2 over the last few days, and I've come to the realization that the crime-spree subgenre may finally be lost on me for good.

Ever play Kane and Lynch: Dead Men? If not, check it out. I'm generally not a big fan of those kind of games, but K&L was a blast.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 23rd, 2010, 09:01
I wondered : "This game is called 'Dragon Age'. Now, are there actually dragons in it ? And why is it called the age of dragons ?

Now I'm going to find this out. A fellow Drakensang fan who was - as he says - very disappointed with Dragon Age, gave me his collector's edition. Actually, no joke. I still don't know why I have deserved this.

And he is eager to find out what I'll think of this game.

On the other hand he is still looking out for a game like Drakensang. Yesterday I told him about Nehrim. Perhaps he'll like it, and he has bought Oblivion recently, too.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 23rd, 2010, 09:52
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I wondered : "This game is called 'Dragon Age'. Now, are there actually dragons in it ? And why is it called the age of dragons ?
That second question might need you to read some lore surrounding the game. I can't remember it being mentioned explicitly in-game.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 23rd, 2010, 12:10
Okay, thanks.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 23rd, 2010, 15:48
There are Dragons in it, yes.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

September 23rd, 2010, 21:11
Why "Age" - because it's a time when ancient banished gods reappear and they have the form of a dragon.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 23rd, 2010, 22:32
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Why "Age" - because it's a time when ancient banished gods reappear and they have the form of a dragon.
Yes, but not exactly. In Thedas, they have an age every ~100yrs. A dragon appeared over Ferelden (I believe) towards the end of the previous age, and as such the next one (i.e. the current one in terms of the games) is the Dragon Age.

Spoiler

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 24th, 2010, 12:26
I picked up Drakensang: The River of Time yesterday, and I'll probably start playing later today. I hope it's as fun as the first one!

Also (yeah, I still haven't gotten over it): the fact that it cost half the price of SC2 did not escape my attention.

Krzychu

Sentinel

September 24th, 2010, 23:54
Been playing the Arcania demo. Having issues with some regenerating little cave bugs at the moment, so I'm still not sure about this one. They regenerate health faster than I regenerate mana which is not fair!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

September 25th, 2010, 00:38
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Been playing the Arcania demo. Having issues with some regenerating little cave bugs at the moment, so I'm still not sure about this one. They regenerate health faster than I regenerate mana which is not fair!!

Yeah, those things were a pain in the ass. You have to hit them with lightning, then immediately switch to your melee weapon and pound them as many times as possible before they go back into their shell.

Those were the least of my issues with the game though…

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 25th, 2010, 04:19
Playing Venetica, Nehrim and just finished Grotesque Tactics. Venetica is too easy, bump that sucker up to hard if you ever get it. Nehrim is great. It's exactly what everyone says, a mix between Gothic and Oblivion. Grotesque was fun. I went into more detail about it here. It's a short game, but not too short for its price.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

September 25th, 2010, 09:52
Shame on you for not listening to the Witch with the charming voice!

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

September 25th, 2010, 12:18
Finally finished the demo. I really hate the lack of a regular cursor.

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

September 25th, 2010, 12:25
Finally finished the demo. I really hate the lack of a regular cursor.
None of the previous Gothic games had a cursor either…

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?