|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age 2 » Wait on DA2?

Default Wait on DA2?

October 20th, 2010, 20:01
I am making the jump from X360 to PC sometime in january. I have played a bit of DA:O liked it for the most part. I always wished I had completed it. Here's my question: with the Ultimate Edition coming out on Tuesday should I go ahead and pick it up for my 360 or wait until I get the PC so I can import my charecter into DA2?

jakebaker13

Watcher

October 21st, 2010, 10:49
I'm playing the Xbox 360 version again myself, but I think it's universally understood that the PC version is superior as a role-playing game. As much as I like lying on the couch with just a controller, you have some better control over your party and better camera view on the PC. So yes, if you're jumping to PC, wait and get the PC version.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 21st, 2010, 11:18
My opinion = PC.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 24th, 2010, 15:08
Wait for the pc……I think you'll enjoy both the game and the chance to export char. a great deal more that way.

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

October 25th, 2010, 21:00
Will we be able to import actual characters? I thought the character in DA2 was preset to the warden Hawke, and that only the world changing decisions (the king of Ferelden etc) would carry over.

If I were choosing between PC and Xbox versions I'd go PC because of the better controls more than anything else.

And the only DLCs I found worthwhile were Stone Prisoner and Awakening, but your mileage may vary. JemyM (who I normally trust on these issues) swears by Golems of Amgarrak, but I havent tried that one.

Zaleukos

Bum

October 25th, 2010, 22:57
Yeah, you can only import your decisions. Also Hawke isn't a warden.

lumiapina

Watchdog

October 26th, 2010, 15:50
Sorry, didn't mean to confuse. Yes I meant your decisions. To me it makes the story line more interesting and immersive knowing I did that to myself in a manner of speaking. lol

Bart and Corwin should just admit that when it gets down to it, I will have the final say.

Cm

Sentinel of Light

Send a message via Skype™ to Cm

October 31st, 2010, 23:38
There's 4 more DLC released since the last I played? I don't have any box edition of the game the PC Ultimate edition will tempt me.

Dasale

SasqWatch

November 1st, 2010, 00:01
Just go for the PC version. It's cheaper, it's better looking, it controls more "naturally" and it's moddable. If you get the ultimate version then you don't have to worry about getting DLC or having to redownload it (it's all on disc), and some stores carry it for the price of, roughly, Awakening and a DLC pack, meaning you're getting a huge bargain.
Same with DA2, although the "better looking" point is debatable.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

November 1st, 2010, 23:55
definitively the pc version because of the mods…just look at new vegas, a week or more from its release and already hundreds of mods out there

porcozaur

Watchdog

November 2nd, 2010, 00:00
Originally Posted by porcozaur View Post
definitively the pc version because of the mods…just look at new vegas, a week or more from its release and already hundreds of mods out there
That's because it had an existing mod community (i.e. Fallout 3), and the changes a lot of modders had to make were probably only minimal at most.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

November 2nd, 2010, 13:46
yeah, well DA2 too has an existing mod community..quite big to be honest

porcozaur

Watchdog

November 2nd, 2010, 14:47
Not really, Dragon Age's modding community isn't that big, and the toolset isn't a certainty (Dragon Age's toolset was never updated, too), so it could be that there won't be many mods for some time for it.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

November 2nd, 2010, 20:23
Being that DA was a story driven game, and highly polished on release, it didn't really have much of a need for mods to begin with, imo.

I would still definitely get the PC version, assuming you have a decent rig. Just for the higher resolutions if nothing else.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2010, 16:02
The only mod I bothered with was one that increased inventory size to 125. I hate limited inventory when you have no idea of what you'll need later.

Zaleukos

Bum

November 3rd, 2010, 20:05
You know, I don't think I played with any mods either. I do agree the small inventory was very annoying, though.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 20th, 2010, 22:34
PC would be my choice. Only mods I used were for more custom character creations and one tweak for Alistair - and that only after I did my first canon game.

Mike Laidlaw already indicated they have no plans, right now, to release a toolset for DA2. He didn't rule it out but suggested it was unlikely.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

November 25th, 2010, 15:41
Go to dragonage nexus and tell me there is no need for mods.There are few fan mad modules coming out that are good to.They wont release a updated toolset because this time it was made for the console.Wouldn't want to favor the pc now would they.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 25th, 2010, 15:46
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
They wont release a updated toolset because this time it was made for the console.
They didn't update the toolset during Origins, either - Why would they do so for DA2? I suspect they'll release a patch (post-release) for the toolset - or a second version - so it works with DA2, but that'll be it.

BioWare know the modding community is one of their strengths and they won't compromise that too much.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

November 26th, 2010, 05:06
Originally Posted by Dwagginz View Post
They didn't update the toolset during Origins, either - Why would they do so for DA2? I suspect they'll release a patch (post-release) for the toolset - or a second version - so it works with DA2, but that'll be it.

BioWare know the modding community is one of their strengths and they won't compromise that too much.
Do you always post on my comments.Its been stated its a a console developed title read may get a toolset not definitely. Don't get your hopes up masseffect doesn't have a toolset does it.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

Tags
dragon age, dragon age 2
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age 2 » Wait on DA2?