|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Ergo's AddonPack

Default Ergo's AddonPack

January 14th, 2011, 14:19
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
I started playing this game the day before yesterday; I'm a female burglar still exploring Narodet, did my first two chores for the Thieves Guild. Today I learned about your (and other) interesting MODs.

Do I have to start anew after having your (and other) Mod(s), or is it possible to integrate my saves?
And does this work in the NA version?
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Wonders what SasqWatch is

#21

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tardis
Posts: 3,296

Default 

January 14th, 2011, 18:19
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Do I have to start anew after having your (and other) Mod(s), or is it possible to integrate my saves?
No need to re-start, you will only obviously miss the new advantages since you already have picked those and few of the fixes (from JOG) won't be applied. Other than that, everything should work.

@wolfling: This should work with all the game versions, as long as they are v1.1 (shows in bottom right corner when you start the game).
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#22

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

January 15th, 2011, 01:01
Originally Posted by Ergonpandilus View Post
No need to re-start, you will only obviously miss the new advantages since you already have picked those and few of the fixes (from JOG) won't be applied. Other than that, everything should work.
After having installed the MODs this morning I immediately started to play where I left off but in less than a minute, impulsively, I went back to the Main Menu to start anew. 'Wouldn't it be more fun to be a dabbler?' So now I'm a (female) dabbler burglar.

Being able to enjoy all fixes and the new advantages is a bonus. Thanks, Ergonpandilus, for letting me know. And thanks for all your hard work!

Weird though, despite having higher figures (numbers/scores - how do you call them) compared to the ordinary burglar, as a dabbler burglar I seem to be less successful in lockpicking, fast talk and picking pockets…

I'm off again, …. back to the game.

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope
Omega is offline

Omega

Omega's Avatar
Low Profile

#23

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 515

Default 

January 15th, 2011, 05:55
Hi Ergo,

Thanks for the pack, but it doesn't work in the Impulse NA edition. I looked into the bat a bit and found that it's looking for a DTP folder in the registry (which isn't there) and our folder structure is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Drakensang 2\export\db, which is also different. It didn't work when I put in the path, either.

Any ideas?
oliverh72 is offline

oliverh72

oliverh72's Avatar
Watcher

#24

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 73

Default 

January 15th, 2011, 12:26
Originally Posted by oliverh72 View Post
Hi Ergo,

Thanks for the pack, but it doesn't work in the Impulse NA edition. I looked into the bat a bit and found that it's looking for a DTP folder in the registry (which isn't there) and our folder structure is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Drakensang 2\export\db, which is also different. It didn't work when I put in the path, either.

Any ideas?
Thanks for the report. Can you study/search for you registry for the path? Alternatively you can modify the batch file and set the paths manually (before SET pfad, add this: SET dsroot="C:\Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Drakensang 2"). Or you can also run the sqllite commands manually instead of using batch file.

PS. You need to run it as admin (use <ctrl>+<shift>+<enter> combination).
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#25

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

January 15th, 2011, 14:55
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
After having installed the MODs this morning I immediately started to play where I left off but in less than a minute, impulsively, I went back to the Main Menu to start anew. 'Wouldn't it be more fun to be a dabbler?' So now I'm a (female) dabbler burglar.

Being able to enjoy all fixes and the new advantages is a bonus. Thanks, Ergonpandilus, for letting me know. And thanks for all your hard work!

Weird though, despite having higher figures (numbers/scores - how do you call them) compared to the ordinary burglar, as a dabbler burglar I seem to be less successful in lockpicking, fast talk and picking pockets…

I'm off again, …. back to the game.
You can see what's going on behind the curtain if you open the message log (think it's the 3rd or 4th button bottom left). Basically, if I remember correctly it works sort of like this. Your skill and tools give you a 'buffer' # of points to succeed (so, if your skill is 6 and you use lockpicks (+2) you have 8 buffer points). Then, 3 rolls are made (if you right click on the skill it'll tell you what it uses, for example (CO, DE, AG) those are the 3 checks against your stat scores it makes). Let's say you have CO 10, DE 11 and AG 12. A 1-20 roll is made on each. If it's lower it passes. If it's higher, you use your 'buffer points'. So, let's say your rolls are 8, 15 and 10. The 8 would be lower than the CO 10 so it's a pass. The 15 is higher than the DE 11, so you use 4 buffer points, and the 10 is lower than the AG 12, so you make the check and are successful with 4 points to spare.
There are modifiers of course, a difficult lock could be +2, or a specially easy lock could be -2, etc.
All made up numbers, I'm just talking from memory.
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Wonders what SasqWatch is

#26

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tardis
Posts: 3,296

Default 

January 16th, 2011, 00:35
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
You can see what's going on behind the curtain if you open the message log (think it's the 3rd or 4th button bottom left). Basically, if I remember correctly it works sort of like this. Your skill and tools give you a 'buffer' # of points to succeed (so, if your skill is 6 and you use lockpicks (+2) you have 8 buffer points). Then, 3 rolls are made (if you right click on the skill it'll tell you what it uses, for example (CO, DE, AG) those are the 3 checks against your stat scores it makes). Let's say you have CO 10, DE 11 and AG 12. A 1-20 roll is made on each. If it's lower it passes. If it's higher, you use your 'buffer points'. So, let's say your rolls are 8, 15 and 10. The 8 would be lower than the CO 10 so it's a pass. The 15 is higher than the DE 11, so you use 4 buffer points, and the 10 is lower than the AG 12, so you make the check and are successful with 4 points to spare.
There are modifiers of course, a difficult lock could be +2, or a specially easy lock could be -2, etc.
All made up numbers, I'm just talking from memory.
Thank you, very very much, Wolfing!
I knew that dexterity was involved, so I payed some attention to that one while constructing my dabbler burglar, but I never really understood how it all exactly worked.
And I neglect that Message Log too much, I'll keep it open more often from now on. Thanks!

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope
Omega is offline

Omega

Omega's Avatar
Low Profile

#27

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 515

Default 

January 16th, 2011, 14:58
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Thank you, very very much, Wolfing!
I knew that dexterity was involved, so I payed some attention to that one while constructing my dabbler burglar, but I never really understood how it all exactly worked.
And I neglect that Message Log too much, I'll keep it open more often from now on. Thanks!
It also helps to use the attribute spell on your lower attribute, so let's say a check is against CO DE AG and you have 15 14 11 in them, it helps to raise your AG with the spell so the check is more likely to succeed.
wolfing is offline

wolfing

wolfing's Avatar
Wonders what SasqWatch is

#28

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tardis
Posts: 3,296

Default 

January 16th, 2011, 23:06
Hi Ergo,

Thanks for that - I put that code in, commented out the other if statements that tried to determine the path and it said it installed successfully. However, is there any indicator in-game that I can check to make sure it did? Thanks!

Oliver
oliverh72 is offline

oliverh72

oliverh72's Avatar
Watcher

#29

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 73

Default 

January 17th, 2011, 01:26
Start the game and go options. If it says High instead of Up for graph settings, then it worked.

Edit:

EVERYBODY should read this FAQ about the rules. It's very good and takes only 15 min to read.

forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=12047
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#30

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

January 17th, 2011, 05:23
Awesome. It did work.

Here's an odd question, and I'm not sure working the db files will let you do this, but… can you make it so that the cursor remains in a fixed position when you're holding down the camera button - for most people, it's the right mouse button if they haven't customized it - instead of having the cursor move while you adjust the camera?

It's an annoying, but minor issue. Most games fix the cursor in place, some even go so far as to hide the cursor while the camera button is held.

Thanks again, I'll give that a read before I come back to D2.

Oliver
oliverh72 is offline

oliverh72

oliverh72's Avatar
Watcher

#31

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 73

Default 

January 18th, 2011, 08:19
Nice.

And if you have suggestions, I'm still working on the mod.
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#32

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

January 19th, 2011, 00:10
Originally Posted by Ergonpandilus View Post
EVERYBODY should read this FAQ about the rules. It's very good and takes only 15 min to read.

forum.dtp-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=12047
Hm, I made it through the 'Base Values', the 'Talent- and spellchecks' and the first part of 'The combat system' - I came out quite dizzy but alive - but I was critically wounded in part two: 'Calculating combat values'. I'm sorry, I've difficulty grasping it, it's too concise to my liking, maybe because English is not my mother tongue.
Then I scrolled down and started reading again at the part dealing about 'Weapon classes' and 'What should I improve?', that AND wolfing's last tip were/are very helpful in my gameplay.
Thanks very much, Ergo and wolfing.

About the game, I'm now in the ruins on the elven island, and I think it'll be tough to decide what my favourite game ever will be: Gothic 2 (NotR) or Drakensang TRoT…
I love it, I love it, I love it. And I'll replay it.

A man should never be ashamed to own he has been wrong, which is but saying that he is wiser today than he was yesterday - Alexander Pope
Omega is offline

Omega

Omega's Avatar
Low Profile

#33

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 515

Default 

January 19th, 2011, 11:31
The ruins were once a scientific magic research site, several hundreds of years before the game takes place.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Alrik Fassbauer is offline

Alrik Fassbauer

Alrik Fassbauer's Avatar
TL;DR

#34

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Old Europe
Posts: 16,002

Default 

March 22nd, 2011, 11:53
Some people were reporting that the download link doesn't work, so here's a fresh one: http://www.mediafire.com/?bvmeykn8a3rkkwr
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#35

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

March 22nd, 2011, 18:22
I have a French version of RoT. I suppose this mod doesn't cover that language and if I use it I'll have a mix of English/German labels with French labels, is that right?
Dasale is offline

Dasale

SasqWatch

#36

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,096

Default 

March 28th, 2011, 00:21
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
I have a French version of RoT. I suppose this mod doesn't cover that language and if I use it I'll have a mix of English/German labels with French labels, is that right?
That's correct.

You can translate the local.sql file strings. Could be done in an hour. Or if you comment out the part in the code where it changes texts and only leave those lines which adds new strings (and translate them).
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#37

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

April 14th, 2011, 17:51
Originally Posted by oliverh72 View Post
Hi Ergo,

Thanks for the pack, but it doesn't work in the Impulse NA edition. I looked into the bat a bit and found that it's looking for a DTP folder in the registry (which isn't there) and our folder structure is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Indie Games\Drakensang 2\export\db, which is also different. It didn't work when I put in the path, either.

Any ideas?
I was having the same problem with the NA version I bought from Amazon. What seems to have worked for me was to move the .bat file and the add on folder ('Ergo's_AddOnPack') to the game's root directory ('Drakensang River of Time') and run the .bat file there (as an administrator). Of course the .bat will still complain that it can't find the registry locations that it is looking for, but it will still install the add on since it can find the necessary folders in it's current location.

As far as I can tell it seems to have worked. I see all the new traits/advantages/disadvantages/etc. in the expert mode of the character creation screen and when I go to 'Options' it shows 'High' instead of 'Up'. Also, I noticed that the bat created the .bak backup files that it was supposed to in the export folder.

The only item that I believe did not get updated was the application icon; I still have the grey Drakensang Eye. I'm guessing this is a result of the .bat not finding the registries it needed. Still, I can live without the icon as long I get the rest of the add on's goodies.

Soooo….hopefully this'll help anyone who downloaded a purchased copy of the game.

Firebringer
firebringer is offline

firebringer

Traveler

#38

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1

Default 

May 6th, 2011, 10:56
Another link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BK00M3NQ
Ergonpandilus is offline

Ergonpandilus

Ergonpandilus's Avatar
The Guardian

#39

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oulu, Finland
Posts: 486

Default 

May 8th, 2011, 16:35
I have a huge problem on drakensang and it would be awesome if you tell me how to fix it.. all sudenly my spells have stopped working and now i can only cast miracles..picture of spell is constantly frey like when i don't have enough mana..how can i get my spells back??
fiske is offline

fiske

Traveler

#40

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2

Tags
mod, mods
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Ergo's AddonPack
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 17:56.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch