|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Wizardry 7: Crusader of the Dark Savant

Default Wizardry 7: Crusader of the Dark Savant

January 17th, 2011, 17:40
Biggest problem with Gold was text scrolling too fast. Eventually they found a fix for this which works great. Diplomacy doesn't work. It just no longer matters to the gameplay (you can't coax characters into doing things, you have to wait until they are ready to deal with you).

Also don`t like the portraits in Gold version. Agree about narrator. He is great.

Dark Savant

Sentinel

January 17th, 2011, 17:43
More info on the diplomacy bug. Well, it's not really a bug since it's flat out broke: http://vnboards.ign.com/official_wiz…0/55250627/p1/

Thanks GG, I don't quite understand what you mean by replacing 2 wav files with another one?

Oh and a couple more pluses for the Gold. It's automap and it has a hintbook if you need it and I did

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

January 17th, 2011, 17:48
and minuses - clunky interface, sluggish movement, bad voice acting (except narrator).

For me CotDS is a way to go. It works like a charm under dosbox.

Dark Savant

Sentinel

January 17th, 2011, 17:49
I think Ill just choose the original version like most fans advice. So many things wrong in the gold. Some even talk of corrupt savegames and items. The graphics are just upscaled old ones. Propably get better scaling in dosbox. And I like the old characters portraits more. Narrator was okay but not that great. I can read text just fine. Dont need the ingame hintbook or onscreen map.

Originally Posted by Dark Savant View Post
and minuses - clunky interface, sluggish movement, bad voice acting (except narrator).

For me CotDS is a way to go. It works like a charm under dosbox.
Tried gold few years ago I remember somthing about interface. It was awful.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

January 20th, 2011, 09:13
Thanks GG, I don't quite understand what you mean by replacing 2 wav files with another one?
The wave file which is played in beginning of the combat has a name… and is in a directory…. can't remember what now… since it is too long ago, but after you find it replace it by a empty wav file….. this will prevent the sound from playing before the combat and slowing everything down.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

January 20th, 2011, 15:40
I just played some Wizardry 7 on my iPhone using the DOS emulator iDOS. It's not very comfortable, but it works well. And… it's on a phone!!

Thaurin

SasqWatch

January 20th, 2011, 19:20
I wonder if Android has a Dos Emulator? I'll load up some old school RPG's! Currently I only have some Sega/Genesis/NES/SNES emulators and a few of the RPG's I've finished from my younger years to replay. Not finishing Wiz 7 bugs me.

sherwinz28

Watchdog

January 20th, 2011, 19:48
I'm not sure about Android, but for iPhone it is a big deal. Apple used to not allow stuff like this and even version 1.0 of iDOS was pulled because you could easily add new games to it through official means. Now, you can only to do with third-party apps and it is possible that the iOS team was sleeping when they allowed this in the store (read: could be removed at any time).

But Android gets all the cool emulator thingies… stupid Apple. I'm not jailbreaking my device again for a while.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » Wizardry 7: Crusader of the Dark Savant