|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity II - Rentals @ D2D

Default Divinity II - Rentals @ D2D

January 23rd, 2011, 23:13
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Oh yes there is. The first and foremost of them is that making a demo costs a good bit more money - money that could be spent on other forms of advertising. If making a whiz-bang trailer gets more game sales in than a demo, it would be downright irresponsible of a company to make a demo until they had a few good trailers already out there
Dunno, laugh or cry ? If certain Mr Kotick is reading this he`s laughing a satanic laughter for sure.

First of all, is it really so dear to make a demo? As in, take a level from a game thats complete and slap some time counter on it? Please.
Secondly, you seem to be saying in all seriousness that it`s better to brainwash the punter with some flashy BS instead giving him the chance to try the real product? Because of dev`s STARVING CHILDREN?

Wow, dude, every time I think I`ve seen it all…every time… :)

Not saying demos are perfect, but they sure are better than nothing/some hyped up imagery. Back in the day they were the norm and it worked ok for everyone, it seemed.

But, oh, these children. Sorry.

zadokAllen

Sentinel

January 24th, 2011, 14:20
I like this, but I think it should have different prices. Renting a $50 games for $5 is ok, but it should be cheaper to rent a $20 game

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

January 25th, 2011, 06:29
Originally Posted by Reyla View Post
D2D is looking to the future.
If that was true then they would do more to offer their games worldwide. I despise them for this. It's irrational and a little juvenile, but the fact that they have had all this time to try and enter a worldwide market and yet they mostly stick with NA annoys me to no end.

D2D was the first digital download company I heard about all those years ago. I was pretty excited about it since I sometimes have trouble getting English games over here, but then I found out that the majority of their games are not available anywhere except in NA. Dissappointment followed which lead to anger then hate, but so far no suffering.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

January 25th, 2011, 07:41
I like that they do it. Not forcing people using it but they offer it as an alternativ to try out games.

Definitly a step in a right direction. I hope the next step will be to RELASE ALL GAMES WORLD WIDE AT THE SAME TIME, and get rid of the strange region restrictions …cause, that single thing would probably increase sale more then anything.

(Alltough i guess DD can't do anything about region restrictions …)

mute

Sentinel

January 25th, 2011, 12:17
There might not only be region restrictions - but simple unwilling of some publishers to publish games elsewhere - like Drakensang 2, possibly.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 25th, 2011, 13:28
I doubt that. I bet I can find almost every NA only available game that D2D offers at places like GamersGate, GOG, Impulse or Steam. Which is fine by me. They will never get one penny from me.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity II - Rentals @ D2D