|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » BioShock

Default BioShock

January 11th, 2011, 05:57
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
..the first little sister vanished so there was nothing to harvest. Bug or no?
Little Sisters disappear into the vent system periodically ("time for bed time Mr B" and similar cues) and get summoned by the BD from them by them banging on the vents. If you kill the Big Daddy while his sister is in the vent you will miss out on her- in most cases you can wait and another, heh, full health Big Daddy will show up and resummon the LS sometime later.

Zygo

Watchdog

January 11th, 2011, 12:38
I knew about the vents but somehow expected to get the Sis anyway…thanks for the tip, I`ll stop trying to kill the sister-less one I`m facing at the mo.

I think Big Daddies are lil` bit too tough…as in unfairly tough. Ok, I`m playing on hard, but still… soaks all the ammo and countless discharges…should`ve had some weak points (that tank) or something. Unless I missed some grand strategy?

(For you Fear/Painkiller tough guys, come back after you`ve spent a year of your life playing Quake 2 with bots and no fancy on-line thingy :)

zadokAllen

Sentinel

January 11th, 2011, 14:12
The only thing I've noticed is their clumsy charge. The easiest way to beat them is to find a big pillar or a series or doorways that form a square you can run around. When they charge if you slip around a corner you can watch them crash by as they miss giving you plenty of pot shot time. This assumes they arent firing at you of course. Some throw grenades you can catch with telekinesis and feed back to them but I haven't been quick enough notice them switching to grenade mode. The one that is killing me right now is because the architecture in the area sucks and I can't find a decent path to keep moving. Again, the fact that the architecture has to be involved to save you bothers me. I'm still finding it pretty engrossing though. The invention system is pretty cool too.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2011, 00:44
I don't remember the Big Daddies being *that* tough.

Hey, are you guys playing in DirectX 10? If so, were you able to get anti-aliasing enabled with it?

JDR13

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2011, 00:59
Me neither, but I may not have been playing on hard difficulty, but I probably was. Dodge. explosives, max research, and hypnotize in a pinch worked for me. SportBoost Tonics are great for increasing your speed to outmaneuver them.

ALSO: try "indirect" methods. Secuirty Bullesye and hacked bots, booby traps, etc…

ALSO electric buck from the shotgun is maybe the best ammo against them since it stuns them momentarily.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 12th, 2011, 01:54
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Me neither, but I may not have been playing on hard difficulty, but I probably was. Dodge. explosives, max research, and hypnotize in a pinch worked for me. SportBoost Tonics are great for increasing your speed to outmaneuver them.

ALSO: try "indirect" methods. Secuirty Bullesye and hacked bots, booby traps, etc…

ALSO electric buck from the shotgun is maybe the best ammo against them since it stuns them momentarily.
Yeah but think about what you are saying - sort of implies you are way later in the game than we are. I've got Electric Shock 2, burn, telekinesis and a few more minor ones that's it. I've got a major snow storm hitting tonight so by dinner tomorrow I plan to be waaay into it

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2011, 04:08
You get electric buckshot b4 the first BD. Save it only for Big Daddies and you're set for the early game.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

January 12th, 2011, 09:49
Well now I'm past halfway point and they are going down without the pod of shame. Still a very engrossing game!

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 12th, 2011, 14:55
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Hey, are you guys playing in DirectX 10? If so, were you able to get anti-aliasing enabled with it?
I`m on DX9, but wanted to- as a certified graphics whore -yet was so worn out by trying to get my mouse working properly that I finally gave up on the idea. Anyway it`s not as bad as in some other titles.

Don`t think it`s possible, otherwise my bible would`ve mentioned it…
Last edited by zadokAllen; January 12th, 2011 at 14:56. Reason: "mention" or "mentioned" ???

zadokAllen

Sentinel

January 13th, 2011, 05:51
OK Thrasher, I'm starting to get your point about the tedium. That lengthy segment that messed with my abilities left me pretty frustrated. The weapons just can't carry the gameplay and I found myself rushing through it.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 14th, 2011, 22:38
Finished it. Good game but I could have done without a few sequences. I was expecting alot more cutscene at the end, some exposition? That was sort of disappointing. Great gameplay mechanics and a good story that ended sort of abruptly. It could have been more, less linear, more RPG elements etc. B+.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

January 25th, 2011, 18:44
I believe that the first Bioshock is better than a sequel. IMO the first one is a better story and a slightly better graphics. But the ability to handle dual-now is a good and happy. I hope Bioshock 3 uses a much better graphics engine!

my blog

jamespearl

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Games Reviews & Comments » BioShock