|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Morrowind - Overhaul Project Released

Default Morrowind - Overhaul Project Released

February 14th, 2011, 12:33
You do realize i said Morrowind MGE, not Morrowind? Quite a difference

bemushroomed

outlander

February 14th, 2011, 12:35
Originally Posted by bemushroomed View Post
You do realize i said Morrowind MGE, not Morrowind? Quite a difference
Well, ok then

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

February 16th, 2011, 01:25
Why do I get the feeling that "console optimized" was just a jab at Oblivion? These performance issues are about the engine efficiency. Same thing happened to Quake1 when they did a graphics overhaul.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

February 16th, 2011, 01:40
There's no engine in the world that can run at the same FPS no matter what you throw at it. Obviously the more polys, more/advanced shaders and better view distance you have the less FPS you're gonna get.

Some really nice development with MGE XE lately (MGE XE adds shadows to all static objects and has some other neat things as well), even Crossfire is working for me again (going from 25 to around 45-50 FPS is nice!)

bemushroomed

outlander

April 28th, 2011, 00:56
I'm playing Morrowind Overhaul Project right now (Version 1.2) together with the BTB's game improvements and Westly's Master Head Pack -

combined this is a gfx & gameplay monster patch, and it works all very well together.

A big Thank You to all Morrowind modders!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

November 28th, 2011, 07:04
After playing 50 hours of Skyrim I decided to do a fresh install of this. I must have done something right this time because I'm getting a better framerate. I decided to select a bit less on the texture packs (the roads look like MW roads again and the foliage is not drastically changed) and I dropped the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) shader and went with 2x AA, 4x AF. I still have godrays, HDR and water effects.

It is where I want it. Looks amazing in Widescreen, hi res textures, godrays etc. Really looks fantastic. 1.3 patch installed.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

November 28th, 2011, 07:27
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
After playing 50 hours of Skyrim I decided to do a fresh install of this. I must have done something right this time because I'm getting a better framerate. I decided to select a bit less on the texture packs (the roads look like MW roads again and the foliage is not drastically changed) and I dropped the Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) shader and went with 2x AA, 4x AF. I still have godrays, HDR and water effects.

It is where I want it. Looks amazing in Widescreen, hi res textures, godrays etc. Really looks fantastic. 1.3 patch installed.
That's almost exactly what I did, and it does look great on a widescreen monitor.
That's why I'm playing as much Morrowind as I am Skyrim right now.

Warmark

Sentinel

November 28th, 2011, 14:08
I think I pumped 60 hours into Morrowind a few years back. I never made it to the expansion lands and never really touched the main quest. A few days back I loaded up Oblivion as well and added a similar enhancements - shaders and textures etc. Morrowind is where it is at though!

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Morrowind - Overhaul Project Released