|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Need to get some money, quick

Default Need to get some money, quick

March 7th, 2011, 17:49
Been playing this for a good while now and am finding it hard to get some money, wespeciallt with the factions that I'm sidingin with. Bandits and Mafia hate me and am tending to side with the rebels while keeping the government happy too.
Need some money to get my island build as well as getting some guy to do some translation for me. Gotta pay them 10,000 each, and I'm sitting on only 6,000 pesos. I honrestly thinking about paying off the factions and starting to work woth the mafia to earn some money.

What's the best way to earn a buck around here?

kearneybobs

Traveler

March 8th, 2011, 20:35
Honestly, you can make good money working for the Mafia. Specifically, Don Guillermo. You might want to consider investing in that payoff so you can get back to neutral with the Mafia.

Personally, I worked for the Mafia and Government. The Bandits & Guerrillas hated me!

elkston

Sentinel

March 8th, 2011, 21:08
And then suddenly, after a moment of emotional turmoil, I realised that the post I have just read was posted in the Xenus 2 subforum rather than in Politics & Religion.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 8th, 2011, 22:44
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
And then suddenly, after a moment of emotional turmoil, I realised that the post I have just read was posted in the Xenus 2 subforum rather than in Politics & Religion.
LOL. Did you actually type a reply to it before realizing. I imagine it might have seemed oddly out-of-place.

elkston

Sentinel

March 9th, 2011, 03:02
Originally Posted by JemyM View Post
One of the wonders that is Xenus 2.

kearneybobs

Traveler

March 9th, 2011, 03:10
Originally Posted by elkston View Post
Honestly, you can make good money working for the Mafia. Specifically, Don Guillermo. You might want to consider investing in that payoff so you can get back to neutral with the Mafia.

Personally, I worked for the Mafia and Government. The Bandits & Guerrillas hated me!
I'm at the mission where I need to get the 5/6 statues from each on the factions. Was good with the Gov and the Guerillas. But i didnt have enough money to pay the Gov fella even after I did the mission to destroy the guerilla defenses on three islands. He dropped his asking price of 10,000 to 8,500. So I shot him in the face and ran out of the base with the statue in my pocket taking a few shots on the way, but it seems to have been worth it. Might start to play it like this from now on.
I still need money to do up my island though.

Currently, the Gov and Guerillas like me at about 50 each. The bandits hate me (-100) and the Mafia are about -50. Think I might just take the bribe hit and make some money with the Mafia. Although, my next job with the guerillas is to kill Don Guillermo. What to do. Dont want to really ruin my relationship with the guerillas, but I might have to.

kearneybobs

Traveler

March 9th, 2011, 08:59
LOL. Did you actually type a reply to it before realizing. I imagine it might have seemed oddly out-of-place.
I actually read the title and the second paragraph first. In a brief moment I was like wut? Scanning it through quickly a few times while thoughts flashed by on how to write a witty reply I even thought for a second or two that it was some weird spam. Then I realized where it was posted and read the first paragraph in detail.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

March 9th, 2011, 13:58
Originally Posted by kearneybobs View Post
I'm at the mission where I need to get the 5/6 statues from each on the factions. Was good with the Gov and the Guerillas. But i didnt have enough money to pay the Gov fella even after I did the mission to destroy the guerilla defenses on three islands. He dropped his asking price of 10,000 to 8,500. So I shot him in the face and ran out of the base with the statue in my pocket taking a few shots on the way, but it seems to have been worth it. Might start to play it like this from now on.
Well … I have a shameful confession to make. I did the same thing! LOL!!!! With the exception of the Indian Chief and the Collector, I took the other statues by force. In the cases of the Mafia and the Government (who I was allied with) I took out as few people as possible to take the idols and then ran out of the area as fast as I could. This ensured that I only took a minor faction hit.

I had done plenty of side missions by this time and was ready to get on with the main plot. I found the repeated use of "money goals" as gates to main plot elements an artificial and cheap way to extend the game time without providing meaningful content. True there were plenty of side quests, but how optional were they, really? If you really wanted to have the money to get through main quests without violent short-cuts, you'd have to complete the majority of them. Why not cut a few of them and spend the time adding a few more interesting missions to the main plot?

Despite all this —- really fun game. Loved the freedom, the vehicles (except for the Sea-Plane), the exploring, etc. Just seems that a few aspects were kind of rushed out the door and unfinished.

elkston

Sentinel

March 9th, 2011, 17:09
Loved the freedom, the vehicles (except for the Sea-Plane)
Yeah, I always crashed that plane. What was up with it?

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher

March 9th, 2011, 17:27
Originally Posted by Wesp5 View Post
Yeah, I always crashed that plane. What was up with it?
There is no rudder, causing the only way to turn the plane is by turning it on it's side and then pressing the climb button. Real planes dont work like that. Really hard to get used to, but I got used to it in the end. The most annoying thing about the planes is the fact that you are always getting missiles shot at you.

kearneybobs

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Deep Shadows Games » Xenus 2: White Gold » Need to get some money, quick