|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang: TRoT - Review @ Armchair Empire

Default Drakensang: TRoT - Review @ Armchair Empire

March 14th, 2011, 12:22
Originally Posted by Jaatinen View Post
The River of Time is definitely an enjoyable game, fixing a lot of The Dark Eye's problems
Here I must intervene a bit : I found the chosen title of "Drakensang : The Dark Eye" horrible, personally, because the game isn't about a Dark Eye at all.
The Dark Eye is the underlying rules system, but not part of the plot.

In Drakensang : The River Of Time, it's so that there just isn't any rules system called "River Of Time".
In this case, the "River Of Time" is a hint towards he river itself, which i implicitely in the spotlight - in the sense that these are just adventures happening alongside the river, you use the river as a means of transport, and you go "into" the river itself via the temple of Efferd.

Unfortunately, no-one ever understood my concerns regarding the "Drakensang : The Dark Eye" title, so I guess it's just nother phenomenon of culterally different interpretations of a title ?

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 14th, 2011, 15:47
I personally rarely pay attention to a title, unless it's something absurd like Divine Divinity

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

March 14th, 2011, 16:10
And that was CDV's invention …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 14th, 2011, 16:16
Before I'm gone, read this : http://forum.dtp-entertainment.com/v…189713#p189713

It contains yet another way to get the game, if I interpreted the reply correctly.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

March 14th, 2011, 22:00
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Nice compilation.. I'd kill to have that in English. How is it that these titles are popular enough to get released everywhere except NA and the UK?
Warning. Rainbow and unicorn alert!

Hopefully that is what causing the delay of release for the UK and NA. Preparation of a nice compilation package.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 15th, 2011, 00:09
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Hopefully that is what causing the delay of release for the UK and NA. Preparation of a nice compilation package.
I would love for that to be true, but I think we would have heard something about it by now.

I don't think the first game sold well enough over here..

JDR13

SasqWatch

March 16th, 2011, 19:43
All4Games just dropped it to Seven EUR. Don't think they ship abroad tho. The current consumer advised price is 20 EUR in the Netherlands.

Brother None

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang: TRoT - Review @ Armchair Empire