Witcher Just finished the frist witcher

The Witcher

CelticFrost

SasqWatch
As i have stated before in other posted I used to play alot of RPGs back in the day. Then one day I bought DA1 for my kids PS3 and really liked it. So this year I bought DA2 and really hated it. Then found this web site and really got into what was out there and bought a new gaming PC.
Now to my point I just finished the first witcher and love it all until the last of it...what the hell happened??? Great story great everything..Then you kill the Grand Master and it all sort of ends...did I miss something...???

What was wrong with the ending?

I thought the story was great from start to finish. Especially when you begin to realize who the Grand Master might actually be.

Maybe nothing....
I just replayed it from my saved game....
Leading up to the second one i guess which is why i bought a gaming PC last month...
I mean i loved it all...alot of questions like alvin the other witchers...5 days to go...
I haven't looked at any of the post on the second one in three weeks...I want to....

I wanted to do a full replay before TW2 was released, but I waited too long to start. I still have my saves from 2009 though, so I guess I'll import them.
I sided with The Order when I played TW1, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the consequences are.

a lot of questions like alvin the other witchers..

You mean whether or not they'll be in TW2? I don't think we'll be seeing Alvin, although I suppose it's *possible*.

I started again but not sure that is wise...I wanted to make some other choices in the game and see what happens....How do we know alvin is dead..??? Its been so hard to stay away from any of the Witcher two hype...but i haven't looked at anything for 3 weeks.

Rather than explain it myself, I'm just going to paste this from The Witcher Wiki…

Many fans of the game believe that Alvin is actually the Grand Master of the Order, Jacques de Aldersberg. When the fight between the elves under Toruviel and the Order of the Flaming Rose erupts in full force in the village of Murky Waters, Alvin teleports himself away because he is frightened by an elven warrior. Alvin's ability to teleport himself through time and space stems from the fact that he is a source. It is widely theorized that he flees to the past, perhaps back to where he was raised and, ultimately incorporates what he had learned with Geralt, accepting his perceived fate and became the Grand Master.

Clues that speak to this hypothesis include the dimeritium pendant Alvin wears. Alvin, the boy has one as does the Grand Master; only difference is that Aldersberg's amulet shows years of wear. Another hint lies in the mention that Alvin's favourite game is "kill the elf" where he always plays the Grand Master and wins. Also, when Jacques' group comes to the aid of the refugees in the Swamp Cemetery (Chapter V), Jacques tells Geralt that he was returning a favour by saving the witcher's life, possibly referring to Geralt rescuing Alvin from kidnappers in Chapters I and III, killing the Devourer who attacks Alvin in Chapter IV or slaughtering the barghests hunting Alvin at the beginning of Chapter I. In the same conversation, Jacques is suspiciously quick to accuse Geralt of preachiness — not a common trait of Geralt's, but one he must show when acting as a father-figure to Alvin. Jacques also mentions that he knows about Geralt from "a source", which could be wordplay hinting at his past.

At the end of the game, if the King of the Wild Hunt is allowed to take Jacques de Aldersberg's soul, he tells Geralt that he knew this soul under another name as well, possibly pointing to Alvin, although his name is not explicitly uttered. Also, all of the lessons given to Alvin by Geralt appear to have had a major influence on the Aldersberg's expressed views during the endgame speeches.

This is a major reason why, for me, The Witcher has one of the best plots ever written for a crpg.

It's easy to miss if you don't pay a lot of attention (especially at the end) to all the talky talk. I, for one, was very distracted at the time...

Aldersberg was definitely Alvin, I've beaten The Witcher 3 times (the most recent 2 weeks ago) and it was clear beyond a doubt. I think I questioned it a little the first time back in 07.

Thanks for the post...i missed that totally about Alvin...when we saw him in the Grand Masters Ice land I thought we would see him again. But now it is all clear. 3 more days

Wow.

Just finsished the witcher. I never gotten passed chapter 4 before. Never because it was a bad game. It was a little to long so i usually started over when i felt i would like to play it. I have always said that the iwitcher is the best RPG i played (and never finished). Now i feel its really one of the best. :)

Wow.

The story, i love it. I really like how things comes together at the very end.

Well. Now i can start play witcher 2. And i must say i am really really looking forward to it!

Not only the boy Alvin becomes Jacque but it is also implied that the Witcher influenced the boy deeply into becoming Jacque. The little educational speeches that can be given are conductive of interesting reactions.

Back
Top Bottom