|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - X360 Video, Preview

Default The Witcher 2 - X360 Video, Preview

June 10th, 2011, 03:52
TR sends in some shaky-cam footage of the X360 version of The Witcher 2 in action from Polish site Polygamia - or just head straight to the footage at Youtube.
In other news, GameSpot has a preview of the X360 version.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 10th, 2011, 03:52
Do they have the aspect ratio thing fixed yet on PC?

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

June 10th, 2011, 05:33
Say goodbye this this series as an PC first game. Once it sells 3 times the amount on the console they will develop mainly with console in mind.

Saxon1974

Sentinel

June 10th, 2011, 07:46
The only thing "PC first" about this game was the release date, and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. They didnt just wake up one day and decide they'd put it on consoles as well, anyone who plays console games can see the console-friendly design of this game from the get-go. And that's fine, I play both platforms (even tho I do mostly sympathise w/ the PC Master Race), nothings wrong with that as long as they dont fuck up the PC version. It can be done, which I think was on this game.
Last edited by xSamhainx; June 10th, 2011 at 16:41.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

June 10th, 2011, 10:38
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Say goodbye this this series as an PC first game. Once it sells 3 times the amount on the console they will develop mainly with console in mind.
Will it? They're releasing it in a pretty bad spot and the console audience is traditionally less tolerant of wonky unresponsive combat compared to the PC one. Should be interesting though, and I certainly hope it sells well since CD Projekt has treated its customers fairly so far.

I'm not a bug, I'm a feature!

WorstUsernameEver

Sentinel

June 10th, 2011, 10:44
I feel the same way xSamhainx does - TW2 was obviously developed with consoles in mind. The interface is proof of that. Going through a series of menus to drink a single potion? That's consolitis right there.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 10th, 2011, 15:57
Well the interface in witcher 1 was also a bit wonky (though I think they also had console ambitions for that game). I'm not overjoyed with the witcher 2 interface (the manual also leaves a lot of things unexplained that imho should be explained) but it is at least playable most of the time. Oh well. it sucks but the number of alternatives are weak. Risen and DKS seem a little better (talking about the interface). Oh well what can I say it sucks (oh i said that already).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

June 10th, 2011, 17:44
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
Do they have the aspect ratio thing fixed yet on PC?
Nope. There is a workaround "hack" but no official support for 16:10 as of patch 1.2 yet. They said that an official fix will be coming in one of the future patches though so it's only a matter of time.

Moriendor

Spielkind

June 10th, 2011, 20:27
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
Nope. There is a workaround "hack" but no official support for 16:10 as of patch 1.2 yet. They said that an official fix will be coming in one of the future patches though so it's only a matter of time.
The last official estimate I heard was "late June". I'd link to it, but it's buried deep down in the replies to one of the multitude of comments under one of their blog posts. Have I mentioned enough times yet that it's extremely annoying that they still don't have any sort of forum up yet?

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

June 12th, 2011, 20:27
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
The only thing "PC first" about this game was the release date, and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
Very true, but then it's a solid game so I don't really care much.

DoctorNarrative

Patroling Written Words

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - X360 Video, Preview