|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread

Default The "I Just Bought" thread

May 13th, 2011, 22:45
These:

The complete Peanuts upt to 1976. I got the first couple of books a few years ago, and had planned on collecting them. But somehow I got lost after the 50'es. But today I went on a routine expedition to a local phantasy-thingies-store, and lo, there they were. So now I'm back on track.

Good grief!!!

pibbur

May 17th, 2011, 21:43
Last thing I bought:
http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/re…rooper_captai/
Gotta love the dead guy.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 19th, 2011, 13:21
Well, I FINALLY activated by Games Com Steam promotional product activation code !

Result is : I'm now an owner of "Team Fortress 2" !

Well, that wasn't to be anticipated, because the sheet didn't say at all WHICH game I'd be activating, lol !

Anyone interested in a gift by me ? I can send a "gift" to someone who likes this game as well

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 19th, 2011, 17:36
Was just browsing through the "Steam" catalogue … Which struck me as odd was that there isn't (seemingly) a single free game there ! - In contrast to GOG …

Okay, it's a business. But adding one or two completely free games - regardless of age - would imho add to the customer reputation … "Customer binding" or so …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 25th, 2011, 19:16
Really? I got a couple of free games from Steam. One of them being Portal. I forget the other one. Though, I've played neither.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

May 26th, 2011, 10:34
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Really? I got a couple of free games from Steam. One of them being Portal. I forget the other one. Though, I've played neither.
Portal is fun but *extremely* short. Portal 2 ended up being one of the best games I've played so far this year.

I just bought Borderlands GotY Edition and Elemental: War of Magic. I'm just looking for something to kill some time while waiting for Duke Nukem Forever.

I tried Borderlands when it was released and was disappointed because I was expecting something else. I've decided to give it another try with a different mindset.

I stayed away from Elemental till now for obvious reasons. I only paid $20 for it and don't have much in the way of expectations.

JDR13

SasqWatch

May 26th, 2011, 16:48
yahtzee made Borderlands sound totally awful. Let me know how that turns out.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

May 26th, 2011, 18:47
Bought for 5 Euros a "Limited Edition" of DDO "Stormreach".

If anyone seeks this limited edition for this price as well : I could buy and send it, if I get the costs back.

I got a special price, however. The box says 10 Euros, and I just got it for 5 because i talked to the owner and he was glad to get rid of the boxes (there are still 4-5 left of it).

My plan was - if I assumed it right - to use it to connect myself to the Team Corwin one day - if this is the right game I bought, of course.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 27th, 2011, 07:29
the Bacon & maple syrup sundae at Dennys. Crazy, I couldnt believe when I saw it on the menu. As the night wore on and I ate my sandwich, the morbid curiosity became overwhelming. It really sounded horrible - but I just needed to try one bite. I needed to know.

….for the record - it was pretty damn good ='.'=
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bacn (1).jpg (95.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg bacn (2).jpg (95.5 KB, 73 views)

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

May 28th, 2011, 13:00
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Bought for 5 Euros a "Limited Edition" of DDO "Stormreach".
I'm baffled by Artari's incompetence.

This edition contains - according to the back side of the box - an "audio CD".

But it doesn't play.

I look at it on my PC.

Result : Quite a lot of .WAV files.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 28th, 2011, 15:46
I finally did it… I replaced my old 22" CRT with a 27". The worst part is that 1920x1080 is obviously a weaker resolution than 2048x1536, but I have to confess that the impact on playing first-person shooters is quite good.

This is my new "laptop" since my old broke down. Instead of buying a laptop this time I bought a Tablet, an ASUS EP121. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and it works really good. At home I use it with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but when I take it to school I pack only the tablet. It weights very little and since it's essentially a Windows 7 PC it can run all the software I like and open/run files directly via the network without hassle.

The worst part with the EP121 is the battery which only lasts 2 hours on high-performance. To solve this I bought an Energizer XP18000 battery that doubles if not tripples the batterytime.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

June 28th, 2011, 16:37
The Ultimate Wizardry Archives, for 1€ (+2½€ postage). Now I just have to wait for it to arrive (even though I don't actually plan to play Wizardry anytime soon, i have seen it go for ~50-60€ in the past)
*edit* Snagged a copy of privateer 2 for another € (but this upped the postage to 6€ Still, I love auctioning sites, from time to time.
Last edited by Fnord; June 28th, 2011 at 16:49.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

June 28th, 2011, 22:38
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
The Ultimate Wizardry Archives, for 1€ (+2½€ postage). Now I just have to wait for it to arrive (even though I don't actually plan to play Wizardry anytime soon, i have seen it go for ~50-60€ in the past)
*edit* Snagged a copy of privateer 2 for another € (but this upped the postage to 6€ Still, I love auctioning sites, from time to time.
Mein gott. I only found one piece of UWA few years ago from germany (was english version though) and I had to pay 50€ for it. My privateer 2 wasnt that cheap either.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

June 28th, 2011, 22:40
That's the collection that includes every Wizardry title except Wiz 8, right?

JDR13

SasqWatch

June 28th, 2011, 22:44
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
That's the collection that includes every Wizardry title except Wiz 8, right?
Yes. Comes with good thick manual too.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

June 29th, 2011, 00:37
Sadly, mine won't come with the box or manual (but according to the seller, the manuals are also on disc, and if that fails, one can usually find the manual for (relatively) popular games on replacement docs). Still, a grand total of 3½€ for these games seemed too good not to bid on.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

June 29th, 2011, 12:24
I really dioubt I would be able to get this collection here - nd especially not for this price.

Not everything was released here like the way it was in other countries (example : Quest For Glory series).

So : Congratulations for that 1-Euro-find !

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 29th, 2011, 12:47
Gothic 3, lost my original disks.

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

June 29th, 2011, 22:11
I just bought Fallout: New Vegas. It was on sale for 20 Euros. And then I bought Black Mirror 3 for 30 Euros. And tomorrow I'm hopefully going to to buy Dragon Age 2 at my local Gamestop for 25 Euros.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

Thumbs up xmas

June 29th, 2011, 23:16
I just bought one the cheesiest german christmas records - RIP Roy Black:

The old vinyl was scratched too much…
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weihnachten.jpg (63.0 KB, 48 views)

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread