|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread

Default The "I Just Bought" thread

June 29th, 2011, 23:23
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
Sadly, mine won't come with the box or manual (but according to the seller, the manuals are also on disc, and if that fails, one can usually find the manual for (relatively) popular games on replacement docs). Still, a grand total of 3€ for these games seemed too good not to bid on.
Ok that explains it then. Mine was in perfect condition and nothing was missing.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

June 30th, 2011, 15:04
My disc just arrived. It is in perfect condition, and so is the case. Shame about the lack of a box, but I'm not a collector, and chances are that the box would just end up taking a lot of space.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

June 30th, 2011, 16:19
the critical fumble deck and critical hit deck.

When my players roll a 1 or 20, I have them pick a card from either deck respectively. Hilarity ensues. I encourage you to check out these cards if you want to put some fun and chaos into your fumbles/criticals besides boring additional damage.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

July 2nd, 2011, 14:45
"Fly From Here" by Yes, released yesterday (here, at least).
Plus a pair of new shoes.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 2nd, 2011, 19:35
Alrik, what do you think of "Fly from Here"? It's amazing that these guys are still making music after all these years. Trever Horne and Geoff Downes on keyboards again sounds interesting!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 3rd, 2011, 13:24
I'm sorry, but I haven't had time to listen to it yet - but I'll report back as soon as I did !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 8th, 2011, 23:40
Bought the Gothic 3 Collector's Edition today - for only 10 Euros !

Just couldn't resist

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 10th, 2011, 22:57
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Alrik, what do you think of "Fly from Here"? It's amazing that these guys are still making music after all these years. Trever Horne and Geoff Downes on keyboards again sounds interesting!
Okay, I heard through it this morning.

The very first thing that struck me as odd was - the way how "simple" it sounded !

Gone are the (overly ?) complex compositions of the early eara (Close To The Edge et. al.), yes, the album even doesn't sound as "complex" as the last studio album did (which was "Magnification").

I had a kind of deja vu experience : To me it was as if I had Genesis turning into pop again … At the beginning of the 80s …

And indeed : The whole album sounds very much like "pop music" to me - compared to the complex stuff they did earlier, yes even compared to "Homeworld / The Ladder", the album with the title song of/for the PC strategy game …

But - this doesn't necessarily mean it's bad stuff. Not at all.
I'm just a little bit sad about the apparent loss of complexity …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 11th, 2011, 00:13
Ah, that's to be expected I suppose. I was hoping for a return to something like Drama with the inclusion of Horn and Downes, again.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2011, 11:38
Well, I must admid that I don't own all albums by Yes - and especially not "Drama". (I own the "YesYears" box, though, once bought cheaply at a closing records shop.)

It reminds me rather of "Talk", but I didn't like that album at all, except the wonderful "Where will you be".

And it reminded me very much of "Anderson Wakeman Bruford Howe" as well.

"Magnification" and "The Ladder" are still my favourite albums by them, followed by "Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe" and "Symphonic Live". I must admit that I rather like the newer albums.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 11th, 2011, 18:31
I bought three things today: Eye drops, an electric shaver and DA: O. Already used the first two and started to play the third.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2011, 18:39
What are "eye drops" ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 11th, 2011, 18:45
Drops against conjunctivitis. It's a tad … er … irritating to wake up with your eyes glued shut. Damned air conditioning.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2011, 18:50
Ah, I see.

Never had experienced this.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 11th, 2011, 19:06
I never had a spell of c. that lasted longer than a day, but now it's day seven and I still see Konrad Adenauer each time I look in the mirror. IF I can look at it. That is, if I can get my eyes to open. But the drops the doc prescribed are great - at least I can see (and type, and play video games …) again.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2011, 19:18
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
Drops against conjunctivitis. It's a tad … er … irritating to wake up with your eyes glued shut. Damned air conditioning.
Be happy that you don't wear contact lenses. Those types of issues are even worse with those things in your eyes.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 11th, 2011, 19:19
"Gute Besserung", then !

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 11th, 2011, 21:27
@Alrik: Thank you !
@JDR: Luckily I don't have to wear contacts (just -2 so my glasses aren't glass bricks); I tried them and failed miserably - those 2 days were pure horror. My condolences if you have to wear them.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 19th, 2011, 21:05
The last thing I bought: a t-shirt with this on it
http://www.scenicreflections.com/fil…aper_f33ab.jpg

Came a bit too late for the festival I visited last weekend, but, hey, there are more festivals to come .

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 20th, 2011, 20:14
I just bought a bunch of games:

FEAR2

Witcher 2

A new adventure game called 'A new beginning'

and Dragon Age 2…

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » The "I Just Bought" thread