|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

August 11th, 2011, 15:54
X3: Gold 66% off at Gamersgate, today only.

I'm picking it up, but still waiting for my PayPal to top up. Don't you just hate when that happens during a sale?

Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian

August 11th, 2011, 18:24
Do they provide the manual? F'ing GamersGate didn't provide a manual for The River of Time. This is the last time I'm buying from them. First, they corrupted the Stronghold Collection download, and now this… grrrrr.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 11th, 2011, 18:49
Alpha protocol is 70% at $7.45 at Green Man Gaming. The version they are selling can be registered Steam.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/…lpha-protocol/

They also brought back the 20% off coupon so you can pre-order games like Deus Ex HR and get 20% with the code SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC. With the discount it comes down to $34. http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/…an-revolution/

*Edit: All Kalypso games are 66% off on Steam, so you can get The First Templar or Dungeons for $13.59. Also on sale are Time of Shadows, the Tropico games, the Patrician games etc.
Last edited by Motoki; August 11th, 2011 at 20:33.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 11th, 2011, 20:23
actually alpha protocol is not a steamworks game, so maybe what you are buying is simply a middleman purchase of some time. for instance i purchase it from direct2drive, and the key did not work on steam.

—-when we figure out how to build guillotines for corporations the new revolution will have begun—-

curious

liberty or license

August 11th, 2011, 20:32
Originally Posted by curious View Post
actually alpha protocol is not a steamworks game, so maybe what you are buying is simply a middleman purchase of some time. for instance i purchase it from direct2drive, and the key did not work on steam.
Ah okay, the page says "requires steam" so I just assumed. They must have gotten a hold of some Steam registerable keys to broker. Fixed.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 12th, 2011, 05:05
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Do they provide the manual? F'ing GamersGate didn't provide a manual for The River of Time. This is the last time I'm buying from them. First, they corrupted the Stronghold Collection download, and now this… grrrrr.
AFAIK no DL version came with a pdf manual.
Use the Drakensang manual instead. The game mechanics are nearly identical.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

August 12th, 2011, 10:54
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Pre-Order is $47.99 for the next 72hrs @Newegg w/ promo code EMCKBJH96

PC ~ 360 ~ PS3

Khalus

Whatever…

August 12th, 2011, 13:18
Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Pre-Order is $47.99 for the next 72hrs @Newegg w/ promo code EMCKBJH96

PC ~ 360 ~ PS3
In for one!

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

August 13th, 2011, 07:27
First Templar and Dungeons both around the 14.oo mark at Steam. Dont know for how long tho

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

August 13th, 2011, 07:40
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
First Templar and Dungeons both around the 14.oo mark at Steam. Dont know for how long tho
Until Monday at 10AM PST. It's part of the Kalypso anniversary sale over this weekend. They are also in the big Kalypso pack you can get for $69 or you get a further discount and if you get the pack and pre-order Tropico 4 and/or the new upcoming Jagged Alliance game.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

August 14th, 2011, 08:15
Deadspace 2 - $12 at Direct2Drive!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 15th, 2011, 22:04
Interesting deal at Amazon.de:

If you buy The Witcher 2 for ca. 35€ you get Fallout: New Vegas for free.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

August 16th, 2011, 21:53
Today at GamersGate… The Witcher Enhanced for $4.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

August 18th, 2011, 22:32
I do hope it's legal to post it here, because the booth of THe Witcher 2 had TONS of these stickers :

The stickers (or rather, their appendage) say that there is a dirt cheap offer on THe Witcher 2 :

Gamescom Witcher 2 Offer

The Witcher 2 for 22 Euros
only until the 22nd of August 2011 on GOG.com

http://gog.com/tw2gamescom
22 Euros ! That's a steal !

By the way, I've got several of those "temporary tatoos" from The Witcher, if anyone's interested, PN me.
I could send it within a letter, then, if wanted.

Edit : Small correction : Indeed the sticker says "22 Euros", but the actual GOG price is currently 29,99 Dollars (just got their newsletter - E-Mail).

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)
Last edited by Alrik Fassbauer; August 18th, 2011 at 23:03.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 20th, 2011, 18:35
Since HP is pulling out of the computer market retailers are selling the Touchpad for $100 (and up)

Office Depot still has some 16gb models for $129. Hurry if you can grab one. WebOS on an iPad is supposed to run faster than Apple's. I don't think we've seen the last the webOS, especially after Google's purchase of Motorola.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

August 20th, 2011, 18:50
Originally Posted by Lucky Day View Post
Since HP is pulling out of the computer market retailers are selling the Touchpad for $100 (and up)

Office Depot still has some 16gb models for $129. Hurry if you can grab one. WebOS on an iPad is supposed to run faster than Apple's. I don't think we've seen the last the webOS, especially after Google's purchase of Motorola.
Actually it is that WebOS on iPad is 2x the speed as on TouchPad, no testing about iOS was done

That said, still worth getting at that price

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

August 20th, 2011, 19:05
right, I've found the article that everyone is lifting it from. part of the problem with the webOS they say has been the Touchpad itself so its one of the reasons HP dropped it. The webOS will still be around to license though. I could see MS buying it. I've started a new thread here.

Don't you have a series of reviews out there Mike? I know you do mobile. Maybe we should have a new forum for mobile, tablet or other platforms with the growth over sales of tabs over PC's.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

August 20th, 2011, 19:39
Both Amazon.de and Media Markt are running "3 games for 49 EUR" sales now. It's cross platform and there are many interesting games includes, for example the Duke, Dragon Age 2 and Two Worlds 2. The offers are very attractive.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

August 22nd, 2011, 19:51
I just bought Sword of the Stars 2 (limited edition) for 28€ plus free shipping from amazon.co.uk. Seems like 28€ is some kind of new price range there for new PC games.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

August 22nd, 2011, 19:56
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
I just bought Sword of the Stars 2 (limited edition) for 28€ plus free shipping from amazon.co.uk. Seems like 28€ is some kind of new price range there for new PC games.
It would seem like that is what a game will cost if a store tries to go as low as they can to lure people into it (and away from other stores). If you look around near the release of a hot game you will often find several stores going that low (I got StarCraft 2 for 28€ on release).

If you live in Sweden you can get Deus ex: Human revolution for 30€.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!