|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » How often do you game?

Poll: How often do you game?

Poll Options
How often do you game?

Default How often do you game?

August 31st, 2011, 13:38
A simple question for this poll - how often do you game?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 31st, 2011, 13:42
All the time or never, depending on other responsibilities. This means whenever I have free time I prefer to play. However, I have came to realize that I cannot break games midthrough. I tend to play until finished. So I am a bit reluctant to begin longer titles when I know I do not have enough time to finish them.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

August 31st, 2011, 13:46
Every day. I am a junk
But, when i was in my 20s i played 5 hours minimum a day.
now it is 5 hours maximum a day.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

August 31st, 2011, 13:56
Every day, but no more than 1 hour. After work, before sleep.

szokol

Watchdog

August 31st, 2011, 14:01
More so when Autumn and Winter arrive..i'm spending more time on older releases recently.

rooroosta

Watchdog

August 31st, 2011, 15:11
Depends what is happening but my free time tends to be split between games (TBS or RPG), reading and my DVD (mainly TV series) collection. I can find myself going several days without playing (except the wake up session) but then playing something to death.

At the moment I am seeing what still works on my XP machine and what is worth playing. I feel a clear out coming.

SleepingDog

Watcher

August 31st, 2011, 15:15
Every day.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

August 31st, 2011, 15:18
Usually every day for at least 6 hours unless I either get burned out or get behind on reading or watching anime.

PS Sometimes I get so interested in a game that I play it every available hour which is usually between 12 and 18 hours depending on the day of the week. (except when I first played VTMB when I went for 48 hours straight then slept a couple of hours and then finished the game)

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

August 31st, 2011, 15:22
less than a hour a week at this point (outside of the occasional chess game on my android when I am waiting for something). Baby on the way + Puppy + Still situating the place we moved into last October just doesn't leave much time.

I need a summer vacation to catch up!

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

August 31st, 2011, 15:38
Usually once a week for 1 to a few hours total, sometimes one or several weeks without gaming, if real life duties get in the way.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

August 31st, 2011, 15:44
At least 1 hour everyday, unless I really can't.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

August 31st, 2011, 16:37
Usually every day - rarely get more than 30 min or an hour after kids asleep and before I go to sleep. Occasional Saturday I may get a couple of solid hours to play if kids out of house at friends or something. It's my "TV", I guess.

rbtroj

Watchdog

August 31st, 2011, 18:28
Sometimes every day (but only for 1-2 hours, eeverything beyond that on weekends), sometimes less. I voted for "a few times a week", which should in my personal case be "several times a week".

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

August 31st, 2011, 18:48
It's sometimes only for a few minutes (unless you count making games as playing them… but I really don't), but rarely does a day go by that I don't at least get something in.

RampantCoyote

Sentinel

August 31st, 2011, 18:52
I'm a winter player now. I don't game at all during the Summer and little during the Spring/Fall. When the weather is nice, I'm either working on the house/yard or out in the nearby parks riding my mountain bike.

Toff

Sentinel

August 31st, 2011, 19:01
I guess it all depends on what's out. I hale a low burnout threshold. D3 will be the next test.

Santos

Ass-hat

August 31st, 2011, 19:30
Every day.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

August 31st, 2011, 19:57
Few times on a week describes my gaming habits best during most of the year. I'm a kind of person who doesn't want to play just for an hour or so. If I play, I play for the whole evening, no distractions allowed. I have to feel relaxed and know that I have no other obligations waiting to be fullfilled. Thus I happen to play mostly at saturdays and sundays. Sometimes I game on working days too, but its a rarity to find time for a long rpg session outside weekends.

I just don't feel like launching a rpg unless I know that I can really have time to enjoy it. If my timetable is limited, but I wish to game a bit, its mostly action oriented - like a few rounds of tf2 before going to sleep or couple of missions of assasin's creed 2 etc

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

August 31st, 2011, 20:04
Originally Posted by blatantninja View Post
less than a hour a week at this point (outside of the occasional chess game on my android when I am waiting for something). Baby on the way + Puppy + Still situating the place we moved into last October just doesn't leave much time.

I need a summer vacation to catch up!
Same for me (except playing backgammon instead of chess…) for about the same reasons. Sucks in some ways, awesome in other ways.

SveNitoR

Sentinel

August 31st, 2011, 20:08
A few times a week would be my average as well. There are times - like right now - when I happen to play each and every day, somtimes for hours, at night, before going to work, playing from eve to morn when hubby is on field duty … and then there are those times when there's no game around I really like.
I *might* play casual games then or replay Hexen, Heretic, Blake Stone, Doom or RotT, but there's the occasional week when I don't play computer or video games at all.
So yes, it's 'a few times a week'.

Now I must go back to play some DLC .

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » How often do you game?