|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Attack of the Nords

Default Skyrim - Attack of the Nords

September 7th, 2011, 02:59
This newsbit doesn't inform anything about Skyrim but I can see a few readers wanting one of the dozens of bronzed Dragonborn statues that Bethsoft has prepared for retail promos.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

More crap for the chinese machine to manufacture. Shame when people with paying jobs use to make stuff like this.

CelticFrost

Sentinel

They made the statue left-handed so I hope that settles it.

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

September 7th, 2011, 04:51
Oh so that's why the collectors edition is a little bit pricey? Well I guess that's a little more fair.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2011, 07:07
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
Oh so that's why the collectors edition is a little bit pricey? Well I guess that's a little more fair.
I don't think these are for the collectors edition. I think these are full-sized statues for promoting the game at retail locations. There's still a huge, seven foot tall Fallout 3 statue at the Rockville MD Best Buy (very close to Bethsoft). I think they made only six of the F3 ones.

Daroou

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2011, 11:36
Originally Posted by Daroou View Post
I don't think these are for the collectors edition. I think these are full-sized statues for promoting the game at retail locations. There's still a huge, seven foot tall Fallout 3 statue at the Rockville MD Best Buy (very close to Bethsoft). I think they made only six of the F3 ones.
Yes they are full sized statues for promotional purposes.
No, they made an army of the F3 ones too:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c…7/425_bos1.jpg

I do notice a difference for when they promoted Obsidian's F:NV, because I can't remember them bringing out a bronzed army for that publicity campaign. But I guess they banked on the fact that F:NV still basked in the glory of the previous F3 promotion.
Last edited by JuliusMagnus; September 7th, 2011 at 11:53.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

September 7th, 2011, 16:16
Where do I send my money?

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

September 7th, 2011, 16:36
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
More crap for the chinese machine to manufacture. Shame when people with paying jobs use to make stuff like this.
Finally. FINALLY !
Someone that sees it the way it should be.
Stupid chinese crap. Even the fishes are getting a big head of it. Literally.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

September 7th, 2011, 19:07
Originally Posted by Daroou View Post
That was a joke…

jhwisner

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2011, 20:21
Hell yeah, bury me w/ a legion of these guarding my tomb like the first Chinese emperor

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 7th, 2011, 20:29
Maybe in 30 years they will be worth more than the cost of making them.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 7th, 2011, 21:00
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
Yes they are full sized statues for promotional purposes.
No, they made an army of the F3 ones too:

[url]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/425_bos1.jpg[/url
Whoa! I can't see how they sold enough Fallout 3's at our Best Buy to break even on the cost of that statue. Same goes for Skyrim. More power to 'em. Try getting that thing to 88 mph so you can travel back in time to the age of Skyrim!

Daroou

SasqWatch

September 7th, 2011, 22:34
Some may find these statues excessive or just plain cheesy, but think they are cool. I'm loving the hype for what it is. Sure this is my geeky side talking, but at 40 YO, I am comfortable with who I am.
I have friends that are talking up a storm about the coming US football season, and more power to them. I'm getting off on all the hype surrounding SKyrim though, video gaming is one of my hobbies. It's really not all that often that a game like this comes around. Although, I wish the release date is tomorrow, I really don't mind the wait. These next two months are going to be exciting!

spiraling69

Sentinel

September 7th, 2011, 23:12
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post
I'm getting off on all the hype surrounding SKyrim though, video gaming is one of my hobbies. It's really not all that often that a game like this comes around. Although, I wish the release date is tomorrow, I really don't mind the wait. These next two months are going to be exciting!
Yeah, I'm hoping for another of those "Woah!" moments, like when you first got off the ship in Morrowind, got out of the prison dungeon in Oblivion or out of the vault in Fallout 3. The anticipation and hype of the game, combined with the graphics and sheer size and open-worldiness of the whole thing, and the shock and awe thing that they do (throw you into the deep with a nice view) are sure to make me happy for at least the first few hours!!

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 8th, 2011, 01:15
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Yeah, I'm hoping for another of those "Woah!" moments, like when you first got off the ship in Morrowind, got out of the prison dungeon in Oblivion or out of the vault in Fallout 3. The anticipation and hype of the game, combined with the graphics and sheer size and open-worldiness of the whole thing, and the shock and awe thing that they do (throw you into the deep with a nice view) are sure to make me happy for at least the first few hours!!
I will also thumb a ride on this bandwagon. Really looking forward to this game and enjoying it all. I got few enough hobbies I get really excited over as it is.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Attack of the Nords