|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Attack of the Nords

Default Skyrim - Attack of the Nords

September 7th, 2011, 02:59
This newsbit doesn't inform anything about Skyrim but I can see a few readers wanting one of the dozens of bronzed Dragonborn statues that Bethsoft has prepared for retail promos.
More information.
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,968

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 02:59
More crap for the chinese machine to manufacture. Shame when people with paying jobs use to make stuff like this.
CelticFrost is offline

CelticFrost

Sentinel

#2

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 474

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 02:59
They made the statue left-handed so I hope that settles it.
KapitanUnterhosen is offline

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

#3

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 527

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 04:51
Oh so that's why the collectors edition is a little bit pricey? Well I guess that's a little more fair.
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#4

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,551

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 07:07
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
Oh so that's why the collectors edition is a little bit pricey? Well I guess that's a little more fair.
I don't think these are for the collectors edition. I think these are full-sized statues for promoting the game at retail locations. There's still a huge, seven foot tall Fallout 3 statue at the Rockville MD Best Buy (very close to Bethsoft). I think they made only six of the F3 ones.
Daroou is offline

Daroou

SasqWatch

#5

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 346

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 11:36
Originally Posted by Daroou View Post
I don't think these are for the collectors edition. I think these are full-sized statues for promoting the game at retail locations. There's still a huge, seven foot tall Fallout 3 statue at the Rockville MD Best Buy (very close to Bethsoft). I think they made only six of the F3 ones.
Yes they are full sized statues for promotional purposes.
No, they made an army of the F3 ones too:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.c…7/425_bos1.jpg

I do notice a difference for when they promoted Obsidian's F:NV, because I can't remember them bringing out a bronzed army for that publicity campaign. But I guess they banked on the fact that F:NV still basked in the glory of the previous F3 promotion.
Last edited by JuliusMagnus; September 7th, 2011 at 11:53.
JuliusMagnus is offline

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel

#6

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 405

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 16:16
Where do I send my money?

'nut
crpgnut is online now

crpgnut

crpgnut's Avatar
Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

#7

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
Posts: 3,976

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 16:36
Originally Posted by CelticFrost View Post
More crap for the chinese machine to manufacture. Shame when people with paying jobs use to make stuff like this.
Finally. FINALLY !
Someone that sees it the way it should be.
Stupid chinese crap. Even the fishes are getting a big head of it. Literally.
ikbenrichard is offline

ikbenrichard

ikbenrichard's Avatar
Fulltime RPG watcher

#8

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 780

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 19:07
Originally Posted by Daroou View Post
I don't think these are for the collectors edition. I think these are full-sized statues for promoting the game at retail locations. There's still a huge, seven foot tall Fallout 3 statue at the Rockville MD Best Buy (very close to Bethsoft). I think they made only six of the F3 ones.
That was a joke…
jhwisner is offline

jhwisner

SasqWatch

#9

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,551

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 20:21
Hell yeah, bury me w/ a legion of these guarding my tomb like the first Chinese emperor
xSamhainx is offline

xSamhainx

xSamhainx's Avatar
Paws of Doom

#10

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 4,702

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 20:29
Maybe in 30 years they will be worth more than the cost of making them.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#11

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 10,443

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 21:00
Originally Posted by JuliusMagnus View Post
Yes they are full sized statues for promotional purposes.
No, they made an army of the F3 ones too:

[url]http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/07/425_bos1.jpg[/url
Whoa! I can't see how they sold enough Fallout 3's at our Best Buy to break even on the cost of that statue. Same goes for Skyrim. More power to 'em. Try getting that thing to 88 mph so you can travel back in time to the age of Skyrim!
Daroou is offline

Daroou

SasqWatch

#12

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 346

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 22:34
Some may find these statues excessive or just plain cheesy, but think they are cool. I'm loving the hype for what it is. Sure this is my geeky side talking, but at 40 YO, I am comfortable with who I am.
I have friends that are talking up a storm about the coming US football season, and more power to them. I'm getting off on all the hype surrounding SKyrim though, video gaming is one of my hobbies. It's really not all that often that a game like this comes around. Although, I wish the release date is tomorrow, I really don't mind the wait. These next two months are going to be exciting!
spiraling69 is offline

spiraling69

Sentinel

#13

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: USA, New Jersey
Posts: 324

Default 

September 7th, 2011, 23:12
Originally Posted by spiraling69 View Post
I'm getting off on all the hype surrounding SKyrim though, video gaming is one of my hobbies. It's really not all that often that a game like this comes around. Although, I wish the release date is tomorrow, I really don't mind the wait. These next two months are going to be exciting!
Yeah, I'm hoping for another of those "Woah!" moments, like when you first got off the ship in Morrowind, got out of the prison dungeon in Oblivion or out of the vault in Fallout 3. The anticipation and hype of the game, combined with the graphics and sheer size and open-worldiness of the whole thing, and the shock and awe thing that they do (throw you into the deep with a nice view) are sure to make me happy for at least the first few hours!!
Thaurin is offline

Thaurin

SasqWatch

#14

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,469

Default 

September 8th, 2011, 01:15
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Yeah, I'm hoping for another of those "Woah!" moments, like when you first got off the ship in Morrowind, got out of the prison dungeon in Oblivion or out of the vault in Fallout 3. The anticipation and hype of the game, combined with the graphics and sheer size and open-worldiness of the whole thing, and the shock and awe thing that they do (throw you into the deep with a nice view) are sure to make me happy for at least the first few hours!!
I will also thumb a ride on this bandwagon. Really looking forward to this game and enjoying it all. I got few enough hobbies I get really excited over as it is.
wolfgrimdark is offline

wolfgrimdark

wolfgrimdark's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#15

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NH
Posts: 946
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Attack of the Nords
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:10.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch