|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » Political and politically incorrect humor

Default Political and politically incorrect humor

September 27th, 2011, 06:39
The picture left out the whole 450 species out of a total 1.7 million species, but hey it's cool.

450/1.7x10^6 -> 0.00026

1/450 -> 0.00222

So, another way of looking at it is -> homosexuality is less common amongst known species than homophobia is amongst species known to exhibit homosexuality.

Last edited by MasterKromm; September 27th, 2011 at 07:37. Reason: grammar

MasterKromm

Sentinel

September 27th, 2011, 10:54
Your calculation is flawed as you assume that 1.7million - 450 species do not show any signs of homosexuality, which is impossible to back up without proper research.
Wikipedia states (for whatever it is worth):
A 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior has been observed in close to 1,500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them
And
A new review made in 2009 of existing research showed that same-sex behavior is a nearly universal phenomenon in the animal kingdom, common across species.
Then again the article also states that most of them are probably bi-sexual and that the observation of homosexual behavior in animals can be seen as both an argument for and against the acceptance of homosexuality in humans

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 27th, 2011, 11:06
It was natural among humans too but something happened in the last two thousand years that made it all unnatural.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

September 27th, 2011, 13:34
I recently learned that I must not call my traumatic fear that I gained through mobbing at school "homophobia" anymore.

Instead, I must use the word "traumatic fear" nowadays.

No joke.

When I found out, I was quite astonished that a term of clinical fear has evolved into something that's equal to racism.

I'm waiting for the day until words like Claustrophobia, Spheksophobia and similar clinical terms evolve similar to this.

It will probably end up calling someone who has an actual Spheksophobia as a "racist against wasps" or something like that.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 27th, 2011, 16:09
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
Your calculation is flawed as you assume that 1.7million - 450 species do not show any signs of homosexuality, which is impossible to back up without proper research.
Wikipedia states (for whatever it is worth):
And

Then again the article also states that most of them are probably bi-sexual and that the observation of homosexual behavior in animals can be seen as both an argument for and against the acceptance of homosexuality in humans
I was only messing… TBH, I wonder how many species have the mental capacity to even know the difference(as in they are conscious/self aware of their orientation - which as the article pointed out, is rarely carried out to the exclusion of heterosexual activities). Homosexuality is only an issue in the animal kingdom if it is somehow to the exclusion of reproduction. Which, I believe, is unheard of. Another interesting phenomena is Social(but not necessarily sexual) monogamy. I've seen mother nature at work, and some of the stuff is just crazy…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/…ation.research

But does that duck really know what it is doing?

MasterKromm

Sentinel

September 27th, 2011, 16:17
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
Homosexuality is only an issue in the animal kingdom if it is somehow to the exclusion of reproduction. Which, I believe, is unheard of. Another interesting phenomena is Social(but not necessarily sexual) monogamy. I've seen mother nature at work, and some of the stuff is just crazy…

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/…ation.research

But does that duck really know what it is doing?
The corpse is propably so fresh that he doesnt notice the difference.

But nice to see somone bring necrophilia and rape into homosexual discussion! I think in some 50000 years we propably cease to have sex alltogether but instead just shake hands to deliver DNA.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

September 27th, 2011, 16:30
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
The corpse is propably so fresh that he doesnt notice the difference.

But nice to see somone bring necrophilia and rape into homosexual discussion!
That is kind of my point… Rape, necrophilia and even homosexuality in the animal kingdom have no basis for comparisons to human behavior.

I think in some 50000 years we propably cease to have sex alltogether but instead just shake hands to deliver DNA.
I have doubts we'll even be around in 50k years.

MasterKromm

Sentinel

September 27th, 2011, 18:23
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
I have doubts we'll even be around in 50k years.
I dont know. Weve been here for million(s) years. 50k is nothing. The only thing that might stop us is the endless debates about which deity to believe and whether such and such thing should be allowed or not.

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

September 27th, 2011, 18:37
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
I dont know. Weve been here for million(s) years.
Approximately 200,000 actually. And 99% of that without our current ability to destroy ourselves through various means. In my opinion, if we do die off, it will likely be through a plague. And the universe will happily continue on.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

September 27th, 2011, 18:45
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Approximately 200,000 actually. And 99% of that without our current ability to destroy ourselves through various means. In my opinion, if we do die off, it will likely be through a plague. And the universe will happily continue on.
Bingo, 20th and 21st century weaponry and technology paired with human impulse, greed, pride and stupidity is a helluva mixture.

Also, you make a good point with your plague spin… Regardless of whether it is a naturally occurring event or man made, our globalized environment almost guarantees all would be affected by it.

MasterKromm

Sentinel

September 27th, 2011, 19:01
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
First of homo genus walked and made tools 2-3 million years ago.

I wont reply to this thread anymore since its OT.

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

September 27th, 2011, 19:09
I think we are getting carried away here. Let's focus on the humor part again.
The next post made is on topic or is (re)moved.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 27th, 2011, 19:52
Ah, but I can bring it all together, master. Behold, fossils of early democrats:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demskelly.JPG (45.3 KB, 49 views)

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

September 27th, 2011, 22:05
From before there was a Republican party. This is the ancestor of Rick Perry.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 27th, 2011, 22:18
Don't know that I'd argue that one, Thrasher. Obviously, I loves me some fiscal policy like Perry has done, but a lot of his social stuff (particularly his endorsement of the nonsense going on with their board of education) gives me the willies. Besides, it will be far too easy for the media to paint him as a nutjob which could yield us another 4 year sentence in Obama Hell. Romney's an empty shirt, but he's more electable. I just wish My Man Mitch had run.

edit
And so we don't get in trouble with He Who Must Be Obeyed:

Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

September 27th, 2011, 22:28
Yep, I'd say Romney has one of the best chances of getting elected out of the bunch because more due to his lack of stupidity than anything else.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 27th, 2011, 22:31
Better week for Time:

dteowner

Shoegazer

September 27th, 2011, 22:40
Love that caricature of Bachman. The first Obama isn't bad either.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 29th, 2011, 13:24
Hm, I don't quite understand the last two caricatures. Anyone to enlighten me ?

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 29th, 2011, 14:03
Rick Perry is govenor of Texas, and is (more or less) in charge of undermining the entire public (and otherwise) education of said state (which hinders everyone else too, since books are printed with the Texan educational standards in mind).

Michelle Bachmann opposes vaccine, which is so nutty it's ruining her entire campaign.

άbereil, who thinks it's something like that

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

The Chaos Cascade

Ubereil

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Politics, Religion & other Controversies » Political and politically incorrect humor