|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

September 22nd, 2011, 20:54
Besides the D&D discounts at Gog as noted on another thread, Steam is doing a Sega sale weekend. Alpha Protocol is $2, All the Total War games and DLC are on sale, also the old Genesis and Dreamcast games.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 22nd, 2011, 22:04
Originally Posted by xSamhainx View Post
all the spellforce games/expansions, 5 bucks total at gamersgate
Amazing deal!

Also, all the Painkiller games are dirt cheap at GG. From less than $5 to $10 for all 4.

Although, GG is not very reliable. Their downloader or quality control on downloads is lacking.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 22nd, 2011, 23:30
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
Alpha Protocol is $2
Yeah, just saw that. That is insane. I already have it on Xbox 360, and really, I didn't think it was as terrible as some reviews make it out to be. $2? A steal.

That begs the question, is it better on PC?

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 23rd, 2011, 03:17
As if there weren't enough deals going on today, Gamestop/Impulse has both Draskensang games bundled together for $7.49.

http://impulsedriven.com/products/ESD-IMP-W2236

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 23rd, 2011, 03:48
What? Each off them is more expensive on their own than the bundle together? Something is not right… Tempting.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

September 24th, 2011, 00:37
What! Only US/Canada! Discrimination against Europeans!

Thaurin

SasqWatch

September 24th, 2011, 00:50
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
What! Only US/Canada! Discrimination against Europeans!
It's not discrimination, I am sure that Impulse would be more than happy to sell it Europeans if they could. I highly doubt they would turn down sales.

The issue is regionalism and rights that differ from country to country. The stores hands are tied in that regard. Similarly, Greenmangaming can sell digital downloads of Ubisoft games except in the US because they don't have the rights to.

DTP is the publisher for Drakensang in Europe but in the US the publisher is Valusoft (a division of THQ).

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 24th, 2011, 13:29
It's not discrimination, I am sure that Impulse would be more than happy to sell it Europeans if they could. I highly doubt they would turn down sales.

The issue is regionalism and rights that differ from country to country. The stores hands are tied in that regard. Similarly, Greenmangaming can sell digital downloads of Ubisoft games except in the US because they don't have the rights to.

DTP is the publisher for Drakensang in Europe but in the US the publisher is Valusoft (a division of THQ).
To make things worse, there seem to be regional issues within EU as well. You can for an example not download Drakensang: River of time here in Sweden, gamersgate does not even show the game for me. Most stores won't ship the game to Sweden either. So playing the expansion seem to be impossible unless I want to step outside the boundaries of the law

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

September 24th, 2011, 13:40
I guess that's the exact reason why so many companies are preferring the U.S. market : It's like ALL countries of Europe COMBINED, but being only ONE (basic) set of laws …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 24th, 2011, 19:39
If anyone doesn't own The Witcher II yet, its $23.99 on Amazon currently. Premium Digital DL only…

And don't forget the Dark Mode patch is releasing at the end of next week!

Khalus

Whatever…

September 27th, 2011, 20:34
So Daggerdale. It's not really worth it even for $7.50 (Steam sale currently going on) huh?

Also, Dungeon Siege III is $20 at Amazon, but I'm guessing not worth it there either?

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 27th, 2011, 22:40
I've heard nothing good about either title, which might explain the cut-rate pricing so soon after release.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer

September 28th, 2011, 00:51
So Daggerdale. It's not really worth it even for $7.50 (Steam sale currently going on) huh?

Also, Dungeon Siege III is $20 at Amazon, but I'm guessing not worth it there either?
I have skipped Daggerdale thus far, which is unlike me … but might grab it at $7.50 - though it will likely be $5 sometime soon.

I grabbed DSIII for ~$25 and have found it reasonably OK … but it has failed to sustain a complete gaming night for me without me switching to something else for a while (bad sign)

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 28th, 2011, 22:12
New Humble Bundle is out. This time it's Frozen Synapse.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

So far it's just the one game but more potentially may be added later. Same deal with pay what you want. If you pay at least the average (currently $4.39) you will also get the Humble Frozenbyte Bundle as well which includes Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowground Survivor, Splot and Jack Claw.

You can download the games directly and you also get keys for them for Steam, Direct2drive, Desura and Onlive.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

September 29th, 2011, 01:18
Interesting that they decided to have such a small humble bundle this time around. Every previous humble bundle have contained 5 games (+the games added later). Still, pay what you want is still a good price, and the frozenbyte bundle that comes with it contains Trine, which is an excellent game.

Thanks for the link.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

September 29th, 2011, 01:49
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
Interesting that they decided to have such a small humble bundle this time around. Every previous humble bundle have contained 5 games (+the games added later). Still, pay what you want is still a good price, and the frozenbyte bundle that comes with it contains Trine, which is an excellent game.

Thanks for the link.
Well … if you have bought every other bundle you get the choice between going cheap for one game or paying more for charity …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 29th, 2011, 13:16
I'm not complaining, it was just an observation. And I did not cheap out on this one either (so no 1€ donations). Even though I already have the frozenbyte bundle I donated more than average.

Oh, and Frozen synapse is darn addictive. A must for anyone who likes tactical games.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

September 30th, 2011, 00:07
Dungeon Siege III is on Steam for $25 - had a couple questions about it… do patches address the keymapping and finicky interaction with world objects that many a reviewer complained about during launch?

edit: just discovered the DS 1, 2, & 3 pack on Steam for only $2.50 more… hmm.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/39190/?snr=1_4_4__13

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

September 30th, 2011, 00:50
too bad they dont have the original for like 2.50 or something, I really liked the original DS.

Gamersgate has Postal2 complete for 4.00. I had countless hours of fun w/ that game!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!