|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Interview @ Eurogamer

Default Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Interview @ Eurogamer

October 3rd, 2011, 15:23
Eidos Montreal's Marce-Andre Dufort has been interviewed at Eurogamer to discuss the upcoming DLC, The Missing Link:
Eurogamer: What exactly are we getting with this DLC?
Marce-Andre Dufort: You will get some technical improvements. We reworked the post-process, shaders, lighting and stuff like that, since we weren't really happy with what we had on the core game. We worked a lot on that. It is about five hours long, give or take.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 3rd, 2011, 15:23
Supposedly approximately 5 hours long. And takes place during the boat ride near the end of the game…

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but my interest in playing more Deus Ex: HR was never that high and has only tapered off further since wrapping it up. Most of what I remember is sneak, hacking, hacking, hacking, sneak, hacking. Such a ridiculous number of hacking minigames in it… why exactly did an email dictating company policy on the maximum number of emails need to have a password?

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 3rd, 2011, 15:56
I assume this isn't going to be like the Tracer Tong DLC, where you have to start a new game to play it, right?

I enjoyed DX:HR, but not enough to replay it for an additional 5 hour DLC.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 3rd, 2011, 16:09
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I assume this isn't going to be like the Tracer Tong DLC, where you have to start a new game to play it, right?

I enjoyed DX:HR, but not enough to replay it for an additional 5 hour DLC.
The DLC is loaded through the main menu, you don't start a game to play it.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

October 4th, 2011, 08:45
I have zero interest in small separate missions. If they can't manage to incorporate it into the main campaign - or do a proper expansion, then it's not for me.

For the life of me, I can't fathom what people see in these small segments of extra stuff for a game that's most likely completed and already more or less forgotten.

Maybe it's just me, but I tend to view completing a game as an experience that's done when it's over. I can revisit it down the road, but getting a few hours worth of extra missions with months in between seems totally counterproductive to what gaming is about. Well, for me.

It's like being offered a tiny bite when you're either hungering for a meal or not hungry at all.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 4th, 2011, 13:41
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
I have zero interest in small separate missions. If they can't manage to incorporate it into the main campaign - or do a proper expansion, then it's not for me.
Exactly my thoughts.

vurt

Serial Modderer

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Deus Ex: Human Revolution - The Missing Link Interview @ Eurogamer