|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

October 6th, 2011, 12:09
Amazon.de has a 2-for-1 sale on older PC games. Buy 2 games, get the cheaper one for free. Included RPGs are DA1 and 2, Divinity 2 and Venetica. Epecially the last 2 games in their brilliant German loca for 12 EUR combined is a great deal.

They also have Alpha Protocol for 4.xx EUR. That's a great game with less action than expected. It looks like a 3rd person shooter, but it's definitely an RPG. The combat situations are similar to Max Payne 2, minus the bullet time and plus stat influence.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 6th, 2011, 20:22
Do they sell English games or are they all German localised? (Want Venetica—in English!)

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 6th, 2011, 22:07
Fable III is 66% off this weekend on Steam. That translated to $16.99 in the US.

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or wait until it gets cheaper yet….

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 6th, 2011, 22:52
King's Bounty Platinum and other King's Bounty games are 66% to 75% off on Gamersgate. If you haven't played these games yet and have even the slightest craving for turn-based combat mixed with solid RPG elements, you really shouldn't pass on this sort of deal.

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch

October 6th, 2011, 23:26
Tempted to get Crossworld for $5, but not sure if its compatible with my Steam installation of AP.

Anyone have any success with a Steam base game, augmented by a Gamer's Gate expansion?

Can't imagine either would provide very good support for such a Frankenstein creation.

This is why I prefer boxes and hardcopys…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 7th, 2011, 00:52
The King's Bounty Games are even cheaper on Amazon this week:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm…cId=1000716161

86% off so The Legend is $1.39, Amored Princess is $3.49, Crossworlds is $2.79 or get all of them in the Platinum edition for $4.99.

US only, unfortunately.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 7th, 2011, 00:56
Wow! Might as well download the whole platinum set from Amazon to avoid any Steam unpleasantries…

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 7th, 2011, 01:43
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Do they sell English games or are they all German localised? (Want Venetica—in English!)
Venetica and Divinity 2 DKS are dtp games so they are German only. dtp seems to believe that more choice = too confusing for the dumb ass customers so they are very anal about regional locking.
The lameness goes as far as not even being able to get your hands on an English version of e.g. Divinity 2 DKS if you try to buy the game on Steam. Steam checks your IP and if it is a German IP you can only buy the German version of DKS.
God forbid dtp would adapt to modern times and offer multilingual versions (especially on DD platforms like Steam) like the other 99%+ of the publishers out there. Can't have that. They might actually sell more games or something. Oh the horror…

Moriendor

Spielkind

October 7th, 2011, 02:04
I had the same question, and was mucho disppoint to apprently see no engrif versions.

Is it thinking their customers are too dumb, or just being inflexible, or being provincial/protective of the german language?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 7th, 2011, 02:33
Most German players aren't interested in English versions, as long as the games are uncut. Everything gets translated. For dtp's RPGs one can even consider the German versions the "original".

They funded the games and directly cater the German market. All other markets and probably the costs for the loca are licensed to other publishers. It's more than likely these partners also have the respective digital distribution rights. So for a German version they get a much bigger piece of bigger pie than for an English version which lands in the bargain bin after 4 weeks. Higher price, one involved party less.
Sounds all nice and logical … until you ask why they don't emulate Kalypso's model and go DDL first & direct in the international markets !?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 7th, 2011, 12:00
Direct2Drive has Max Payne 1+2 for 75% off. That brings the price to $3.75, which is a great deal for anyone who likes shooters and hasn't played those yet. Unfortunately it's only available to the US and Canada.

Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
Fable III is 66% off this weekend on Steam. That translated to $16.99 in the US.

Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger or wait until it gets cheaper yet….
I'm contemplating getting that, despite not liking the original Fable at all. I'm curious about the steampunk elements it appears to have. i.e. firearms, etc.

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 7th, 2011, 14:47
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Most German players aren't interested in English versions, as long as the games are uncut. Everything gets translated. For dtp's RPGs one can even consider the German versions the "original".
Hmmm, I could probably get by with the German versions. Could be interesting.

Anyway, I should *really* stop watching these offers!! Now I want Fable 3 just because, and I just found the first two Broken Sword Director's Cut games for 2,50 each! That's two classic point-and-click adventure games remade in HD for 5,-! Goodbye, money. (And I already have these on iOS, too. :/)

Broken Sword
Broken Sword II

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 7th, 2011, 14:58
Broken Sword Director's Cut was available on GOG for free for 48 hours after they had broken the 6m download barrier.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 7th, 2011, 15:26
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Broken Sword Director's Cut was available on GOG for free for 48 hours after they had broken the 6m download barrier.
Aaaaaargh!! Don't tell me these things!!

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 8th, 2011, 03:48
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm contemplating getting that, despite not liking the original Fable at all. I'm curious about the steampunk elements it appears to have. i.e. firearms, etc.
Tough call - there is some stuff, but it IS very much still Fable, with all the RPG-lite, nonsense, and so on.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 9th, 2011, 19:21
Space Siege is 75% off on Steam today. I'm not familiar with it, but it's apparently made by the team that did Dungeon Siege I & II (but not III, of course).

Any thoughts on it? The metacritic scores aren't great…

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 9th, 2011, 20:05
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
Space Siege is 75% off on Steam today. I'm not familiar with it, but it's apparently made by the team that did Dungeon Siege I & II (but not III, of course).

Any thoughts on it? The metacritic scores aren't great…
There IS a RPGWatch review

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 9th, 2011, 23:21
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
There IS a RPGWatch review
Hmm, so basically not worth it. Although, to be fair it's probably worth at least the $3.75 sale price, but with my ever growing backlog I just don't see myself getting around to something that's supposed to not be that great.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 10th, 2011, 10:56
For 2,50 euro, how can Space Siege go wrong? Even if it IS such a bad game, the graphics look decent enough. Might be worth a few hours of my time.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 10th, 2011, 11:52
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
For 2,50 euro, how can Space Siege go wrong? Even if it IS such a bad game, the graphics look decent enough. Might be worth a few hours of my time.
For ipad you can get many much better games for 2,50.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!