|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Zant

Default Zant

October 9th, 2011, 13:02
No seals ? Huh - that's impressive ! I tried it once - but couldn't manage it. Last time I only oused one or two seals - those which weakened his powers of regeneration and something else, I forgot which one it was.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 9th, 2011, 17:57
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
What was your party combination Drithius? For no seals, that sounds like it was a suitably long arduous fight. There's a few more of these drawn out battles through the game.
It was myself standing around much of the fight doing nothing as a Geode, Fayris plucking away with incendiary arrows (sometimes +3 elven arrows), Cano laying down three traps followed by a star scatter (ad nauseam), and Forgrimm spamming taunt. Early on in the fight, several diamond whetstones helped (guaranteed 3 damage), but I quickly ran out of them.

Very long and very tedious But definitely gratifying.

…oh, late in the fight, I also put my geode to work with Treat Wounds as short term regeneration for Forgrimm to conserve Oneberry juice.
Last edited by Drithius; October 9th, 2011 at 18:14.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 12th, 2011, 22:09
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
It was myself standing around much of the fight doing nothing as a Geode, Fayris plucking away with incendiary arrows (sometimes +3 elven arrows), Cano laying down three traps followed by a star scatter (ad nauseam), and Forgrimm spamming taunt. Early on in the fight, several diamond whetstones helped (guaranteed 3 damage), but I quickly ran out of them.

Very long and very tedious But definitely gratifying.

…oh, late in the fight, I also put my geode to work with Treat Wounds as short term regeneration for Forgrimm to conserve Oneberry juice.
I used zero seals(difficulty setting - hard) that fight took me ~30 mins to complete… Definitely gratifying, and actually required a complete tactical overhaul to pull off after getting slaughtered the first time.

1) Preparations
- Party was lvl 7
- My character: battlemage with AE regen bonus and AE regen robe/shirt
- 50 oneberry juice
- 20 magic potions
- 30 bear traps
- 175 flaming arrows
- Battlemage buffed everyone but himself(fayris gave courage or intuition) with atr con. BM and Fayris both use fastness of body too.
- Fayris summons lvl 7 helpful paw.

2) The fight

- Forgrimm tanks, till traps are placed by Cano then runs towards them with the Zant following.
- Fayris shoots flaming arrows and uses the marksman talent or tempest when able. The arrows don't entirely negate his regen but they help immensely.
- Cano places bear traps only(the zant teleports too much to fire off stardust consistently)
- Fayris's summoned creature dies in like 20 secs
- My battlemage with AE regen boosts loses little to no AE from the zant. Also with ~70AE he can fire away several culminatio spells before needing to quaff a magic potion.

3) Items used

- ~100 Flaming arrows
- 25 Oneberry juices
- 15 magic potions
- ~20 bear traps
Last edited by MasterKromm; October 12th, 2011 at 22:25. Reason: additional details + grammar

MasterKromm

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang: River of Time » Zant