|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Map Revealed

Default Skyrim - Map Revealed

October 12th, 2011, 22:31
Afaik respawning occurred only when you progressed a chapter in G1, G2 and Risen and while there was some limited time-based respawning in Gothic 3 it was barely noticeable. If anything I've seen people complain due to your ability to completely clear out forests in the Gothics.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.
Kostas is offline

Kostas

Kostas's Avatar
Dormant Watcher

#41

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dear Green Place
Posts: 1,656

Default 

October 12th, 2011, 22:40
Yes, I don't remember any respawning either (except at chapters). I felt kind of bad for totally destroying the ecosystem of that island by killing everything non-human that was larger than a mouse. And I would have killed those too if that had been worth XP!

BTW, the can't complete quest thingie was serious because it prevented you from completing the game.
BillSeurer is offline

BillSeurer

BillSeurer's Avatar
Eternal Supreme Dictator

#42

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,731

Default 

October 12th, 2011, 22:46
That 's what I meant by acceptable respawning. It was limited, spread out, and not continuously annoying infinite respawns.

Geeze, say one thing that could be interpreted as bad about any of the Gothics/Risen and fanboys swarm you with torches and pitchforks.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#43

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 10,331

Default 

October 12th, 2011, 22:46
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Did you play Risen? How many towns in that?
Risen's precisely an example of an rpg that sorely needed more towns: they could've saved the last two chapters. Check Risen 2, it's going to have a lot more populated areas, seems they learned that lesson.

Bethesda has been consistently shrinking the scale of their games and their number of towns with little return in quality, their promises that Skyrim's fewer towns will be of higher quality sound hollow.
Last edited by KapitanUnterhosen; October 12th, 2011 at 23:04.
KapitanUnterhosen is offline

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

#44

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 527

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 01:12
Originally Posted by KapitanUnterhosen View Post
Risen's precisely an example of an rpg that sorely needed more towns: they could've saved the last two chapters. Check Risen 2, it's going to have a lot more populated areas, seems they learned that lesson.

Bethesda has been consistently shrinking the scale of their games and their number of towns with little return in quality, their promises that Skyrim's fewer towns will be of higher quality sound hollow.
I'm curious how many more then skyrim will Risen 2 have?

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#45

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,077

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 01:21
I thought respawning was done well in Gothic 1&2, but it was pretty buggy in Gothic 3, at least when I played it. Mosters would repawn in places that weren't natural for their type. i.e. Lurkers respawning in the woods instead of near water.


Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
I'm curious how many more then skyrim will Risen 2 have?
Because more towns makes it a better game?
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#46

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 18,236

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 01:38
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I thought respawning was done well in Gothic 1&2, but it was pretty buggy in Gothic 3, at least when I played it. Mosters would repawn in places that weren't natural for their type. i.e. Lurkers respawning in the woods instead of near water.




Because more towns makes it a better game?
That was kind of my point, you may want to look back at why I was responding to that poster. Geez.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#47

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,077

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 01:43
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
That was kind of my point, you may want to look back at why I was responding to that poster. Geez.
He was making separate points about each game, not comparing them to each other.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#48

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 18,236

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 03:28
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
He was making separate points about each game, not comparing them to each other.
No No…keep looking back, my original statement was in response to another.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#49

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,077

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 03:30
Originally Posted by KapitanUnterhosen View Post
Isn't Riverwood that tiny little village with half a dozen wooden cots we've seen in the previews?

There's 7 of those and then just 5 "cities"? That's it? Sounds like it's going to be even emptier than oblivion.
This one, which I then asked about the number of cities in Risen…which why I have to explain this to you is beyond me.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#50

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,077

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 07:12
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
This one, which I then asked about the number of cities in Risen…which why I have to explain this to you is beyond me.
Ah right… you mean where you asked about how many towns are in Risen because you felt he was bashing Skyrim and that you needed to defend it.

Don't worry, I got that part.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#51

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 18,236

Default 

October 13th, 2011, 16:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Ah right… you mean where you asked about how many towns are in Risen because you felt he was bashing Skyrim and that you needed to defend it.

Don't worry, I got that part.
Oh thats it. Man your skrewed up. I was pointing out number of towns doesn't mean much…keep up the crusade.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#52

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,077
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Map Revealed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:12.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch