|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Demo Incoming in January 2012

Default Mass Effect 3 - Demo Incoming in January 2012

October 21st, 2011, 22:53
Jessica Merizan has updated the ME3 forums with news about a demo for ME3 coming in January 2012. Derek Larke also mentioned it first in this now (locked) thread.
Here is the announcement in full:
What are the details of the Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo?
•The Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo will launch in January 2012 (exact date TBA).
•The demo will include both single-player and multi-player sections.
•The demo will be released in all regions where the game is
How can I get early access to the multi-player portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo coming in January 2012?
•Owners of Battlefield 3, on any platform, who activate their Online Pass will automatically be granted early access to the multiplayer portion of the Mass Effect 3 demo. There is no need to enter any other codes, the early access will be applied to the EA Account associated with the Online Pass. Note: BF3 Origin Customers automatically have the BF3 Online Pass.
•This applies to all regions where the demo is released (to be announced)
•The exact date of the demo launch will be announced in late November
•There will be another program whereby players and fans of the Mass Effect franchise can unlock this early access (with no purchase necessary) – this will also be announced in late November or early December.
•There will also be a tool posted on www.masseffect.com allowing players to check if their EA account has been granted the early access.
•The length of the early access period is TBA.
•The single-player section of the demo will be available to all players on day one of the demo launch
More information.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor

October 21st, 2011, 22:53
Ooc, has there ever been a game company who struggled to even get to the level of *crappy* gameplay for singleplayer, actually successfully design Coop multiplayer gameplay?

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

October 22nd, 2011, 09:33
Borderlands did it ok

(Sorry fore the gramma, are Danish)

Phonix

Watchdog

October 22nd, 2011, 11:06
Originally Posted by Phonix View Post
Borderlands did it ok
It did but the games story was still weak. So I'm not sure if it succeeded as I had to force myself to finish it.

Now back on topic I'm not surprised but I do know there will be a bunch of you cant judge the final product on demos crap again. See I tried the DA2 demo and it proved my suspicions right.

Glad I only paid $15 for it.

"Beware the potato for he is easily angered."- Couchpotato
Last edited by Couchpotato; October 22nd, 2011 at 14:11.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

October 22nd, 2011, 15:21
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
It did but the games story was still weak. So I'm not sure if it succeeded as I had to force myself to finish it.

Now back on topic I'm not surprised but I do know there will be a bunch of you cant judge the final product on demos crap again. See I tried the DA2 demo and it proved my suspicions right.

Glad I only paid $15 for it.
Yeah, but at least you sound like you are going in without negative preconceptions.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 22nd, 2011, 18:27
Just replayed ME2 because I was (really) bored. It's pretty, but not as pretty as I remember…and the game play is tedious, which I did remember, but time had blunted that remembrance. "Ah! Have to stay in cover again…lets me try that box shaped rocky outcrop!" uh huh. Lets see if ME3 can inject something new and interesting for single player types. At least a demo will be useful - like couchpotato I tried the DA2 demo, was not impressed, but bought the game anyway. I will play the demo and wait for a range of opinions before I think of buying ME3.

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

October 22nd, 2011, 20:39
It seems that melee combat has improved compared with ME2.

CountChocula

Keeper of the Watch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect 3 - Demo Incoming in January 2012