|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!

Default Pricewatch!

October 23rd, 2011, 00:34
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Tempted to get ME2 for $8, but I've got enough of a backlog already. Thanks, though!
Will likely go on sale for 75% off ($5) on Steam this winter if you really want it.

Drithius

Misbegotten Alien

October 25th, 2011, 12:55
Even though I hate the company… Gamestop Impulse has Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 75% off ($4.99).

They also have Alice: Madness Returns for $14.99
Last edited by JDR13; October 25th, 2011 at 13:15. Reason: Spelling

JDR13

SasqWatch

October 25th, 2011, 13:55
FWIW, Gamersgate has always been 100% stable and reliable for me. Very nice dl speeds as well. Downloaded BF3 at 10 MB/s yesterday.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential

October 25th, 2011, 14:08
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Even though I hate the company… Gamestop Impulse has Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 75% off ($4.99).

They also have Alice: Madness Returns for $14.99
Yep, haven't bought anything since the buyout from them … Fortunately I already have VTM on Steam and D2D

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 25th, 2011, 18:53
I'm hoping GameStop will give me a refund for my Skyrim pre-order, because they removed another coupon.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

October 25th, 2011, 21:15
There is a sale on Gamer's gate right now with plenty of horror themed titles. These includes:
Amnesia
Dead island
NecroVision
Fear 3
Penumbra collection
and plenty of other horror(ish) games.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

October 26th, 2011, 01:49
The First Templar is $7.50 on Steam today. I know reviews were kind of mixed, but I liked and think it's at least worth the sale price.

*Edit: Ah, I see it was already posted in news. Anyway, it's a decent deal for anyone who may have been holding out waiting for it to go down in price.
Last edited by Motoki; October 26th, 2011 at 02:19.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 26th, 2011, 04:34
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
There is a sale on Gamer's gate right now with plenty of horror themed titles. These includes:
Amnesia
Dead island
NecroVision
Fear 3
Penumbra collection
and plenty of other horror(ish) games.
Yeah, I'm tempted by Dead Space which is only $5. Always wanted to play that one.

Myrkrel

Sentinel

October 27th, 2011, 03:24
There's a new bundle out similar to the Humble Bundle called the Indie Royale Bundle

http://www.indieroyale.com/

If you pay at least the minimum (currently $2.27) you get Gemini Rue, Sanctum, Ares and Nimbus. Also, for every 10,000 bundles they sell they will throw in a free sanctum DLC.

Currently, they are having problems generating Steam keys but have said that will be fixed soon. Also the Steam key for Gemini Rue should be added soon.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 27th, 2011, 12:11
I had no issues with the steam keys, so the problems might already have been fixed (no Gemini Rue steam key though).

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

October 27th, 2011, 12:34
Originally Posted by Motoki View Post
There's a new bundle out similar to the Humble Bundle called the Indie Royale Bundle

http://www.indieroyale.com/

If you pay at least the minimum (currently $2.27) you get Gemini Rue, Sanctum, Ares and Nimbus. Also, for every 10,000 bundles they sell they will throw in a free sanctum DLC.

Currently, they are having problems generating Steam keys but have said that will be fixed soon. Also the Steam key for Gemini Rue should be added soon.
For whatever reason, I hate the non-'pay what you want' model. Telling me that it will cost me at least $2 more because I didn't feel like dealing with PayPal before I went to bed last night stopped me from buying. It doesn't matter that I always pay more than minimum … that is MY choice. Removing the choice kills my recommendation … I know it is weird.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

October 27th, 2011, 16:22
They fixed the Steam issue, thankfully, a little after I posted that.

As far as pricing, it's still cheaper than buying them separately and it gets the indie developers more exposure, which they need. It also somewhat encourages people to pay more than the minimum or buy early and keeps people from paying a penny (which a lot did with the Humble Bundles).

The Humble Bundle already started using a soft version of this pricing model by having it that you get an extra game or games if you pay at least the average at the time of purchase. They just didn't enforce it for the main pack, at least not yet.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 27th, 2011, 20:06
Steam also has Vampire: Masquerade for 5,- (euro). I bought it even though I have the original box still. Always wanted to see what it's like now with that huge unofficial patch.

Also got a bunch more, including two adventure games for next to nothing: Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (Remastered), and Scratches.

I was gonna say this Halloween sale is gonna make me poor, but it's only 12 euro total. But then there's time… *sigh*

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 27th, 2011, 21:15
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is an excellent game, highly recommended to anyone who enjoys adventure games. Also, the cult classic "Ghost master" is on sale. While I never found the game to be all that special, I seem to be rather alone in my opinion about it.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

October 27th, 2011, 21:36
Originally Posted by Fnord View Post
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened is an excellent game, highly recommended to anyone who enjoys adventure games. Also, the cult classic "Ghost master" is on sale. While I never found the game to be all that special, I seem to be rather alone in my opinion about it.
I picked this one instead of the more expensive, but also on sale Jack the Ripper game. I think it's newer, maybe I should get that one as well.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

October 27th, 2011, 21:46
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
I picked this one instead of the more expensive, but also on sale Jack the Ripper game. I think it's newer, maybe I should get that one as well.
FWIW, the Jack the Ripper one is cross listed as both Adventure and RPG.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 27th, 2011, 22:16
The Awakened is the 3rd game in the series, while vs. Jack the ripper is the 5th, though those two are the only horror(ish)-themed parts. The first one, Mystery of the mummy is a rather poor attempt to create a Sherlock Holmes game, with sub-par voice acting, and frustrating puzzles. It plays a bit like Myst (but it is not nearly as good). The second part of the series, The Silver Earring, plays a bit like a classic point & click adventure along the line of Syberia. It is a good adventure game, and a huge step forward from the first one in the series (if you want to play them in order, just skip the first one and start with this one). With the Awakened they move to a free roaming first person control style, and the series takes another step forward. This is also where they start the crossovers, as the Awakened mixes Sherlock Holmes & Cthulhu, and the result is quite interesting. Part 5 is called vs. Arsene Lupin (or Nemesis, depending on where you live), and pits Sherlock Holmes against another contemporary literary character, a master thief (they actually met in a book, but Sir Arthur Conan Doyle forced the author to change the character, so only the first printing has the meeting), and the last (to date) of the games in the series is vs. Jack the Ripper.

Fnord

Keeper of the Watch

October 28th, 2011, 00:43
Hmm, I do want those Sherlock games but according to Steamprices.com the entire collection was $13.74 last December so I might hold out for the winter sale and hope the whole thing goes on sale again.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

October 28th, 2011, 01:21
Another sale would be wise on Steam's part, with the new Sherlock movie coming out around Christmas, the timing would be sweeeet!

-Carn

Carnifex

SasqWatch

October 28th, 2011, 02:48
The Halloween sale at Steam has lots of well-priced goodies.

I grabbed Painkiller Complete Pack for $5 - this is a steal for 5-6 games.
Also got Bioshock 2 for $5. Too cheap to resist.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Pricewatch!