|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - New Franchise Revealed Soon?

Default BioWare - New Franchise Revealed Soon?

November 3rd, 2011, 21:38
This thread on the Bioforums exposes a tweet that points to a "new franchise" being launched by BioWare at the VGAs in December, although GameInformer will apparently have some teaser images as early as Monday.
Here's Geoff Keighley's tweet:
Also at the VGAs: Alan Wake returns and @Bioware unveils a new game from a new studio. Teaser images in December Game Informer mag.
So, heading off to GameInformer we find:
Three promised reveals include a look at a brand new franchise from BioWare, the developer behind Mass Effect and Dragon Age. We'll also get a look at the next Alan Wake title and a full reveal of Metal Gear Solid: Rising. We'll have the first teaser images of these titles this Monday at Gameinformer.com (also featured in the December issue), so check back then.
Note the "new studio" part in the first quote, so that presumably excludes Edmonton and possibly could even mean a completely 3rd party titled published under EA's new BioWare label.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 3rd, 2011, 21:38
Yawn, most likely some new console oriented rpg-lite action game series.

Arkadia7

Sentinel

November 3rd, 2011, 22:26
Could also be BioWare Mtl studio, they have been mostly used as QA and level designers for BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Austin, but they should have a full team now.

As for new franchise, could it just be the Return of Jade Empire. It have been mentioned a few times by the BioDocs in the last few months.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 3rd, 2011, 22:47
I'm pretty sure Bioware Montreal were also the ones who did the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer portion, but they might have something else on their plates.

-Sergorn

Sergorn

Watchdog

November 3rd, 2011, 22:49
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Could also be BioWare Mtl studio, they have been mostly used as QA and level designers for BioWare Edmonton and BioWare Austin, but they should have a full team now.

As for new franchise, could it just be the Return of Jade Empire. It have been mentioned a few times by the BioDocs in the last few months.
I hope not, besides that wouldn't be a brand new franchise.

sakichop

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2011, 23:10
The tweet only said a new BioWare game was going to be revealed at the VGA, Game Informer, which is notorious for erroneous information, claims the new franchise announcement. I can see Game Informer ignoring that a Jade Empire game already exist, but it can be something new as well.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 3rd, 2011, 23:22
Hmm perhaps an ultima?

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

November 3rd, 2011, 23:32
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Hmm perhaps an ultima?
Does gay elf sex fit in with the quest for virtue? Perhaps. I'm sure BioWaste will figure it out…

Capt. Huggy Face

Magicky Utok

November 3rd, 2011, 23:37
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I can't wait to see what the New Shit™ looks like these days. Can't wait to see what the state of the art is now for slightly-interactive dvd menus.

Keep chasing those profits, you corporate sellout hacks. You haven't made a proper game in a decade.

The last thing I want to do when I sit down to play a crpg is listen to a bunch of people talk about their feelings.

Bioware, man up, just admit you're in the interactive movie business. You write linear narratives and hide them behind an illusion of extremely limited interaction.

Every time I press a button something awesome happens, eh? That's the same thing that happens when I use my blender, or my microwave, or my dvd player.

None of those activities is a game.

You're an embarrassment to the industry and yourselves.

Stop calling yourselves game developers. Just stop.

2c

Dyspaire

Watcher

November 4th, 2011, 00:18
Aren't they tired of killing franchises, with console designs yet?

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

November 4th, 2011, 00:19
Hmm perhaps an ultima?
BioWare Mythic is working on the "Secret Ultima Game". Since that division is know, not likely.

It's probably Jade Empire 2.

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous

November 4th, 2011, 00:47
Originally Posted by Capt. Huggy Face View Post
Does gay elf sex fit in with the quest for virtue? Perhaps. I'm sure BioWaste will figure it out…
There was an npc in Ultima 7 who it was implied was a little more than friendly with his gargoyle 'friend'.

Then again, I'm not even sure they have a gender.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch

November 4th, 2011, 01:05
Chris Priestly in Bioware forums stated that he can't say what it is, but it's definitely not Jade Empire.

I have no clue what it could be to be honest. Probably another game that takes Bioware even further from the RPG roots is my guess

Giovanni1983

Traveler

November 4th, 2011, 01:12
Originally Posted by Dyspaire View Post
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!

I can't wait to see what the New Shit™ looks like these days. Can't wait to see what the state of the art is now for slightly-interactive dvd menus.

Keep chasing those profits, you corporate sellout hacks. You haven't made a proper game in a decade.

The last thing I want to do when I sit down to play a crpg is listen to a bunch of people talk about their feelings.

Bioware, man up, just admit you're in the interactive movie business. You write linear narratives and hide them behind an illusion of extremely limited interaction.

Every time I press a button something awesome happens, eh? That's the same thing that happens when I use my blender, or my microwave, or my dvd player.

None of those activities is a game.

You're an embarrassment to the industry and yourselves.

Stop calling yourselves game developers. Just stop.

2c
I think you typed the wrong web page in before typing this crap.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

November 4th, 2011, 01:26
Originally Posted by Giovanni1983 View Post
Chris Priestly in Bioware forums stated that he can't say what it is, but it's definitely not Jade Empire.
He doesn't mention anything about it not being Jade Empire. All he said is that he can't drop hints (which in itself suggest it's something we should recognize).

Also, I remember last year, the VGA teaser for ME3 was touted as an all new game and some people believed it was a new franchise too. Seems this is following the same pattern, which mean the game should be released sometimes in 2013 or early 2014…

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

November 4th, 2011, 01:37
I think you typed the wrong web page in before typing this crap.
I dunno, it was pretty funny and basically how I feel about any bioware announcements these days.

pox67

Watchdog

November 4th, 2011, 02:39
I'll take the wait and see since there is absolutely no information on what it is.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

November 4th, 2011, 03:34
Originally Posted by pox67 View Post
I dunno, it was pretty funny and basically how I feel about any bioware announcements these days.
Yes I agree. It sees some people cant recognize sarcasm. Any news about Bioware doesn't interest me as it once did.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."- The Couchpotato

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team

November 4th, 2011, 03:41
Yes, sad isn't it?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 4th, 2011, 03:56
I would like to see them branch off into strategy or something.

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » BioWare - New Franchise Revealed Soon?