|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Review Roundup # 3

Default Skyrim - Review Roundup # 3

November 16th, 2011, 03:50
I'm hoping the interest lasts, and doesn't get too repetitive.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#81

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 9,957

Default 

November 16th, 2011, 06:45
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
I'm hoping the interest lasts, and doesn't get too repetitive.
A lot of the minor quests are extremely basic, which can get tiring. Whenever that happens though I just go do a guild quest or the main quest, as those are usually more involved.

Morrowind had a TON of fetch quests anyway, so it would be hard to bash Skyrim for it too much.
DoctorNarrative is offline

DoctorNarrative

DoctorNarrative's Avatar
Patroling Written Words

#82

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,825

Default 

November 16th, 2011, 13:21
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Excuse me, I wasn't aware that you were in control of what topics we're allowed to discuss here.
lol.. you make a response to MY post (you quoted me) about Metacritic and demands that i understand you werent really addressing the topic at hand? Next time be a little more clear what you're rambling about?

Originally Posted by DoctorNarrative View Post
A lot of the minor quests are extremely basic, which can get tiring.
Are those the "endless" quests (randomly generated ones) you're talking about? I bet those will be boring rather quick..
vurt is online now

vurt

vurt's Avatar
Serial Modderer

#83

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 1,613

Default 

November 16th, 2011, 13:32
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
lol.. you make a response to MY post (you quoted me) about Metacritic and demands that i understand you werent really addressing the topic at hand? Next time be a little more clear what you're rambling about?
Maybe you just need to work on your grasp of English. Until then, just feel free to place me on ignore. I have no desire to waste my time with someone who constantly chooses to be confrontational over every little misunderstanding.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#84

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,702

Default 

November 16th, 2011, 15:39
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Maybe you just need to work on your grasp of English. Until then, just feel free to place me on ignore. I have no desire to waste my time with someone who constantly chooses to be confrontational over every little misunderstanding.
I think you just need to work on your argument techniques a bit because that was pretty lame, even for you.
vurt is online now

vurt

vurt's Avatar
Serial Modderer

#85

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 1,613

Default 

November 16th, 2011, 15:45
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Maybe you just need to work on your grasp of English. Until then, just feel free to place me on ignore. I have no desire to waste my time with someone who constantly chooses to be confrontational over every little misunderstanding.
Pot meet ketttle….

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#86

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,918

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 06:30
I wish I could turn off friendly fire. I just killed my 3rd follower. Didn't even notice until already saved over. I can't even find his body to get the armor I gave him back /sigh
keefers_si is offline

keefers_si

Traveler

#87

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 07:20
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
I think you just need to work on your argument techniques a bit because that was pretty lame, even for you.
I'm trying to avoid an argument, but you seem determined to have one. I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for you at this point.

@rune_74- I guess I should feel special that you popped in just to troll me yet again.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#88

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,702

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 09:06
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Are those the "endless" quests (randomly generated ones) you're talking about? I bet those will be boring rather quick..
The shame is that some of the misc. quests are actually pretty involved and interesting, so you want to keep doing them to get to the good ones.
DoctorNarrative is offline

DoctorNarrative

DoctorNarrative's Avatar
Patroling Written Words

#89

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,825

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 10:09
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Pot meet ketttle….
+1.

I might be confrontational when i don't agree with someone , but i wouldnt exactly call JDR13 the avoiding type, i doubt anyone here would..

On-topic: really loving this game. It's incredible that it's so good even without any major MOD overhauls. So fun to just explore, haven't hardly touched the main storyline yet
vurt is online now

vurt

vurt's Avatar
Serial Modderer

#90

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 1,613

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 10:11
Well I certainly don't avoid pointing out the obvious.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#91

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,702

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 10:49
The only really obvious thing is that you fucked up JDR. Just stop responding to my posts if you can't handle me being confrontational when i think you have a weak argument (oh im sorry, you don't ever have an argument when posting because you're just trying to avoid that, you're not the confrontational type, at all.) Could we move on? If not i'm ok with that too, since i'm very much the confrontational type
vurt is online now

vurt

vurt's Avatar
Serial Modderer

#92

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The land of rape and honey
Posts: 1,613

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 11:05
Now now, gentlemen. This is at least the second thread where you two won't stop yipping at each other's heels. Can you kiss and make up or get a room please? Thanks.

*/Deflection on*.

Could I hear some non-spoiler Skyrim feedback on the guilds please to those who are currently playing? Are there choices and consequences or conflicts between major guilds like there was in Morrowind for example? (The Thief vs Fighter's guild is one that comes to mind…)

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Pessimeister is offline

Pessimeister

Pessimeister's Avatar
Living Backwards

#93

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 914

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 11:05
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
The only really obvious thing is that you fucked up JDR.
I love the false bravado.


Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Could we move on?
I don't know, can we? I already offered for us to just ignore it, but you chose not to, and now you're trying to act like I'm the one who's dragging this out.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#94

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,702

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 11:15
Get a room you two
lostforever is offline

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

#95

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,030

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 15:05
Enough with the personal attacks! Talk about Skyrim or PM each other, but keep it off the boards.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
skavenhorde is offline

skavenhorde

skavenhorde's Avatar
Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

#96

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Taiwan
Posts: 5,408

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 15:37
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'm trying to avoid an argument, but you seem determined to have one. I'm starting to feel a little embarrassed for you at this point.

@rune_74- I guess I should feel special that you popped in just to troll me yet again.
nope, wasn't trolling you, just pointing out the things you accuse others of you are guilty of. Being a forum bully doesn't make you right.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#97

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,918

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 15:45
Originally Posted by Pessimeister View Post
Could I hear some non-spoiler Skyrim feedback on the guilds please to those who are currently playing? Are there choices and consequences or conflicts between major guilds like there was in Morrowind for example? (The Thief vs Fighter's guild is one that comes to mindů)
When you trigger the Assassin's guild quest line you have an opportunity right at the start to instead abandon it and start a destroy the assassin's guild quest line. Is that enough of a choice and consequence?
BillSeurer is offline

BillSeurer

BillSeurer's Avatar
Eternal Supreme Dictator

#98

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minnesota, USA
Posts: 1,727

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 18:57
Choice, choices. I guess I'll have to decide if my thief is a good guy or a bad guy at some point.
Thrasher is offline

Thrasher

Thrasher's Avatar
Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

#99

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 9,957

Default 

November 17th, 2011, 21:03
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
nope, wasn't trolling you, just pointing out the things you accuse others of you are guilty of. Being a forum bully doesn't make you right.
Right… I don't think you're fooling anyone with that.
JDR13 is online now

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#100

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 17,702
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - Review Roundup # 3
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:51.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch