|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - The Nuttiest Glitches

Default Skyrim - The Nuttiest Glitches

November 17th, 2011, 11:50
This is a silly collection of Skyrim bug videos at IGN - but they are pretty funny.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 17th, 2011, 11:50
The horse one got me crying in tears of laughter, and the song is perfect for the video.

~Watching since 2007~

Ragnaris

Watchdog

November 17th, 2011, 13:37
Those were some funny videos and not all were bugs since in traditional fantasy that is what is supposed to happen if you got hit by a giant.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

November 17th, 2011, 13:40
Originally Posted by Ragnaris View Post
The horse one got me crying in tears of laughter, and the song is perfect for the video.
Damn I shouldn't have watched that at work..

JonNik

SasqWatch

November 17th, 2011, 14:11
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
Those were some funny videos and not all were bugs since in traditional fantasy that is what is supposed to happen if you got hit by a giant.
I really liked that one, too!

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire

November 17th, 2011, 14:26
The buckethead thing made me laugh out loud. I can imagine now, a whole town of npc's with buckets/pots/cauldrons on their heads.

The Hulk

Watchdog

November 17th, 2011, 14:32
That one with the Khajitt-aerial-break-dancer-on-crack had me LOL'ing for 5 minutes.

Falchor

Watchdog

November 17th, 2011, 15:24
This is probably in the nuttiest glitch, but still gotta post it: Flying Lydia

It's just so satisfying to see Lydia go flying.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; November 17th, 2011 at 15:34.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

November 17th, 2011, 15:28
The 1st giant movie is truely hilerious !!

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

November 17th, 2011, 15:42
I've seen the giant one firsthand. Lydia got knocked to Morrowind from how long it took her to run back to the combat!.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

November 17th, 2011, 16:05
What's funny is that the bucket-head video is that the whole ability to do that is a symptom of their attempts to improve the stealth mechanics and perform realistic line of sight tests for NPCs as well as have obstructions reduce the range at which you can be heard. Though if Bethesda's attempts at improving aspects of their games tend to result in hilarious glitches like this then I hope they introduce more such improvements in future installements.

Dramatically improved boss-fight ai governed mechanics and combat? I see that causing the main boss of their next game to, upon realizing the player has acquired the "kill the boss" item or power, to run like hell and hide in the nearest friendly inhabited area. It would then utilize the dynamic NPC interaction system to befriend and ally with as many normally player-friendly factions as possible - effectively daring the player to turn all of them hostile if they wanted to finish the game.

You know what will happen if they put crossbows back in right? They'll be overzealous on the firing physics and animation and slight defects in the modelling or bold trajectory will cause the bolt to pinball out of the crossbow straight upward into the firing npc's jaw.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

November 17th, 2011, 16:57
Glad to see Professional Gaming Journalism™ staying consistent. Bugs in Bethesda Developed games are ok. But not when it's an Obsidian developed game.

Stay classy IGN.

Jaesun

Absolutely Fabulous

November 17th, 2011, 17:44
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
This is probably in the nuttiest glitch, but still gotta post it: Flying Lydia

It's just so satisfying to see Lydia go flying.
This video is really hilarious! Fun game this Skyrim is. I have to play it

Black Rune

Watcher

November 17th, 2011, 18:40
I thought the bucket on the heads was more interesting than funny. That the engine allows you to place an object onto an NPC for one, and that if you cover the head of an NPC it can no longer 'see.' I think that's some pretty amazing stuff that obviously needs a bit of fine tuning.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

November 17th, 2011, 19:49
Originally Posted by Jaesun View Post
Glad to see Professional Gaming Journalismô staying consistent. Bugs in Bethesda Developed games are ok. But not when it's an Obsidian developed game.

Stay classy IGN.
No. Bugs are not OK. But some are certainly funnier than others!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 17th, 2011, 19:51
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
I thought the bucket on the heads was more interesting than funny. That the engine allows you to place an object onto an NPC for one, and that if you cover the head of an NPC it can no longer 'see.' I think that's some pretty amazing stuff that obviously needs a bit of fine tuning.
The NPC has no awareness that its vision is being artificially obstructed by a bucket. That would be some tricky AI behavior to code!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 17th, 2011, 20:07
I wonder if that means you can sneak past someone just by holding a basket in front of you?

kalniel

SasqWatch

November 17th, 2011, 21:13
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
The NPC has no awareness that its vision is being artificially obstructed by a bucket. That would be some tricky AI behavior to code!
Or just script it so that the PC waving objects in the vicinity of their face causes them to move about a bit. They already have it scripted so if you stand still too close to an NPC for more than a few seconds they give you a weird look and backup. Have a similar detection and reaction for objects being moved in grab mode - except make it much more immediate.

Actually that particular behavior for standing too close might be something they should adjust - shorten the timer on ait nd change it to include "walking into" and not just "being the creepy dude on the subway". Since it ignores you if you're walking/running into them and they're in your way and only reacts if you're standing still up in their face, the action of frustratedly trying to walk through a follower who's blocking the doorway is currently counterproductive; they'll move out of the way faster if you just stand creepily close to their front. This NPC reaction is slightly different and involves different detection than the one for bowling people over while sprinting as it plays different, less annoyed, comments for it.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
No. Bugs are not OK. But some are certainly funnier than others!
Yeah I prefer giants playing guard-golf to game locations that mysteriously eat save games if you happened to do previous and sometimes unrelated quests in a particular order before entering them. Oh the joys of REPCONN and Vault 3.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

November 17th, 2011, 21:19
Then you could get enemies to run away from you by waving a bucket in front of their face.. Like I said it it would be tricky to do it right.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

November 18th, 2011, 01:32
Originally Posted by Jaesun View Post
Glad to see Professional Gaming Journalismô staying consistent. Bugs in Bethesda Developed games are ok. But not when it's an Obsidian developed game.

Stay classy IGN.
Did you ever think, in spite of the bugs, it is still better then teh obsidion stuff? Keep classy dude.

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Skyrim - The Nuttiest Glitches