|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » What house did you buy?

Default What house did you buy?

December 13th, 2011, 17:55
I also like Riften house. If only it did have a couple of storage chests in a downstairs room it would have been perfect. Can't wait for Construction Set to fix that.
Whiterun one is just too small, Solitude one too big and Windhelm one is too far from the forge.

zahratustra

SasqWatch

December 13th, 2011, 20:59
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
I also like Riften house. If only it did have a couple of storage chests in a downstairs room it would have been perfect. Can't wait for Construction Set to fix that.
Whiterun one is just too small, Solitude one too big and Windhelm one is too far from the forge.
The dwarf city house is pretty good IMO. Did you check that out?

-Harlequin
Admin of World of Darkness News
News & Community site for the WoD MMORPG
http://www.wodnews.net

Harlequin

Watchdog

Send a message via Yahoo to Harlequin

December 13th, 2011, 21:57
All the houses I own so far (Whiterun, Riften and Solitude) are ok but just not quite right. All of them suffer from storage problems. I mean chests are there but not in the right places. Why there are no chests next to the alchemy and enchanter tables?
In Whiterun there is a apothecary's satchel sitting right on the alchemy table and a chest right behind that. I store all my ingredients in the satchel and everything else in the chest. It also has two bags right inside the door. I fill one with Dragon Bones and Scales and the other with all the smithing stuff. That way I'm 15 steps from where I do all my forging. The only thing that's missing is an enchanter's table and there is a mod for it on the Nexus. There is a small chest on the left side of the room that I store all my potions in. I make most of my money selling hand-crafted potions. I travel to each of the cities, via stagecoach, about once a week selling potions from all the ingredients I find on my travels.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 14th, 2011, 00:36
Haven't checked Morthal house yet Harlequin. Will ASAP.

crpgnut - Since I have moded my houses in Morrowind I have become picky about player houses
1- apothecary's satchel doesn't cut it for me. I can't force myself to believe that all those ingredients I have gathered will fit into a tiny bag.
2- Whiterun house is just too small. What possessed devs to use HUGE fire pit which takes more than a quarter of the living room? It is also next to impossible to move around this house (especially with a companion) without knocking stuff off the furniture. And where can you displaying interesting items (like Centurion dynamo core)?

zahratustra

SasqWatch

December 14th, 2011, 06:40
I put my Whiterun Centurion core on the sideboard upstairs. Thankfully Lydia never was as orderly as Argis in Markarth, so she didn't feel the need to fetch it and return it to me. Yet.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 14th, 2011, 10:17
1- apothecary's satchel doesn't cut it for me. I can't force myself to believe that all those ingredients I have gathered will fit into a tiny bag.
It's Maaaaagic!

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

December 14th, 2011, 11:14
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
I didn't like the Markarth house. Personally I never decorate with cages of skulls hanging from the ceiling but maybe that's just me…
I have another character and I want a new home other than Whiterun. I had been thinking Markarth but wait … there are cages of skulls? Ewww.

Think it will have to be Riften. The other real estate agents make a compelling case for buying a home there

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 14th, 2011, 15:31
I bought he Windhelm house. Hmm it costed more than 10000, only had 8000 Gold but still got it. Hmm I still don't know why I need it

yllaettaevaet

Watchdog

December 14th, 2011, 15:43
You don't really need a house, that being said it's a nice place to put choice possesions and store stuff, and it's somewhere to keep your wife to!

Daniel.

darklord

Sentinel

December 14th, 2011, 18:23
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark View Post
I have another character and I want a new home other than Whiterun. I had been thinking Markarth but wait … there are cages of skulls? Ewww.
The Markarth study is a bit macabre, yes. And while I find the Dwemer way of building (high ceilings, stone walls, lots of metal) impressive, it's also a tad uncomfortable. The best thing in Vlindrel Hall is Argis, hands down.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 14th, 2011, 18:43
Stone beds and chairs? Cups and plates weighing a ton each? No thanks

zahratustra

SasqWatch

December 14th, 2011, 19:17
Originally Posted by Jaz View Post
The Markarth study is a bit macabre, yes. And while I find the Dwemer way of building (high ceilings, stone walls, lots of metal) impressive, it's also a tad uncomfortable. The best thing in Vlindrel Hall is Argis, hands down.
Aye that's why I wanted it, Argis the Bulwark. But I can always move him to another home I believe :-)

Not really into the macabre although I do like stone work. Riften is high on my list for now.

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

December 14th, 2011, 19:36
My daughter says you can use a console command to delete the skull cages. Without them that house is pretty cool.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

March 11th, 2012, 03:11
I've had the Solitude house for some time (I wanted the companion) but just bought all the furnishings. I like how it all looks! I'm into the alchemy thing and it provides a very nice area! Now I can finally move out of that closet in Whiterun and put my piles of alchemy ingredients in… uhhhh…. ??

No storage near the alchemy table!? Oh great. Reload. Maybe it's time to download a house instead.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

March 12th, 2012, 17:20
Originally Posted by Zloth View Post
I've had the Solitude house for some time (I wanted the companion) but just bought all the furnishings. I like how it all looks! I'm into the alchemy thing and it provides a very nice area! Now I can finally move out of that closet in Whiterun and put my piles of alchemy ingredients in… uhhhh…. ??

No storage near the alchemy table!? Oh great. Reload. Maybe it's time to download a house instead.
A nice alchemy dresser would have been nice. However around the corner are some barrells so I put all my stuff in those.

Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

Keeper of the Watch

March 12th, 2012, 20:36
Warning! Apparently some of the containers are not safe in the houses. If you don't revisit them regularly, they will respawn with miscellaneous stuff in them instead of what you put in them.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » What house did you buy?