|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Companion Quest questions *SPOILERS*

Default Companion Quest questions *SPOILERS*

December 9th, 2011, 21:04
Hey all,

I've cured Vilkas, Farkas and myself of lycanthropy and still have 3 heads left. Is there anyone else to cure? If not, is there a way to get rid of the heads? Will throwing them in the fire again work?

Thanks!

Celeste

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

December 9th, 2011, 22:15
I just stored them in an otherwise unused dresser in my house, just in case. I thought that perhaps you might be able to utilize one in the Hircine quest, but I never got the option. (Staying pretty vague in case you haven't run across that one).

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 9th, 2011, 22:22
The 3 extra heads were probably intended for Aela, Skjor and Kodlak in cut content.

Are dressers and other non-empty containers in your houses safe for storage?

KapitanUnterhosen

Sentinel

December 9th, 2011, 22:23
I haven't but I think I ran into a small bug because Aela keeps giving me animal extermination quests. I was just curious if I could ever cure her

I don't have a house yet. I could buy the one in Markarth but the others will have to wait until I go through the sequence to become Thane. Which house did you buy? Sidetrack by me

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

December 9th, 2011, 22:25
I think my game is bugged I don't get the option to cure them. Do you have to do any of their radiant quests before you get the option? I also don't get the option to marry Aela.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

December 9th, 2011, 22:30
As far as I know, you can't cure Aela as she worships Hircine, the god of beasts. So did Skjor. Kodlak, and the two brothers get cured, depending on how you play, iirc. The companion radiant stuff is definitely borked, but not too big of a deal.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 9th, 2011, 23:03
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
I think my game is bugged I don't get the option to cure them. Do you have to do any of their radiant quests before you get the option? I also don't get the option to marry Aela.
From what I can tell, there are 3 waves of quests. After doing several for both Vilkas and Farkas, they will look troubled and then the option to talk to them about it pops up. I started to get the ball rolling with Aela to get the Hircine bit but I got sidetracked with Farkas and Vilkas first. I then cured myself so I probably bugged her option for the Hircine quest becauses I was already cured. Oh well

CelesteGB

Watchhamster

December 12th, 2011, 12:05
Hmm I didn't get chance to cure anyone! I was told by Kodlak go and get heads so I did. When I got back there was an attack and Kodlak was dead. Then I went the tomb and Kodlak ghost was there and I cured his ghost. Then put the head in again and cured myself.

Now I am am the head of companions and i get random quest from Farkas and Vilkas but no option to cure them. I spoke to all of them in the tomb just after i cured Kodlak ghost and there was no option there either.

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

December 12th, 2011, 15:45
Curing yourself seems to stop the other quests from happening. It's probably a bug. You could always use the setstage command to initiate the quest, if you want to cure them.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 12th, 2011, 18:37
Hm, I cured myself along with Kodlak, too, and still got the quests to cure the twins. Took a while, though, plus I was cautious and always did an Aela radiant quest between twin quests.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 13th, 2011, 16:22
The whole werewolf thing bored me, so I didn't pursue it very long. I'm more of a magey type and you can't cast spells as a dog

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 16th, 2011, 14:14
I finally managed to cure one of the twins but like crpgnut I am currently bored of the Companion quest chains so not going to bother with the others.

lostforever

Keeper of the Watch

December 19th, 2011, 23:50
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
The whole werewolf thing bored me, so I didn't pursue it very long. I'm more of a magey type and you can't cast spells as a dog
What's fun is to go into one of the Jarl's courts at dinner time. When one of the bored nobles insults you go all wolf on them. All the screaming and running around by the others is hilarious.

Of course I reload then; it was just my character daydreaming…

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 20th, 2011, 19:59
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
What's fun is to go into one of the Jarl's courts at dinner time. When one of the bored nobles insults you go all wolf on them. All the screaming and running around by the others is hilarious.

Of course I reload then; it was just my character daydreaming…
Yep, I've gone on murdering rampages with my mage too

There is a certain party you might attend and I decided to kill all the guests. I figured that would make certain snooty figures a little less cocky. Unfortunately, many just kneel and won't die.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Elder Scrolls » TES V: Skyrim » Companion Quest questions *SPOILERS*